LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stand or Sit During Praise & Worship  (Read 7586 times)

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

Re: Stand or Sit During Praise & Worship
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2010, 03:57:40 PM »
And that's what leads me to lean on the side of the argument that says that it's best to stand, everyone, during praise & worship. At the end of the day it doesn't really matter but I just think that when we come in the presence of God (which starts at home and outside church through our relationship in God) we should be reverencing in all ways including standing, kneeling, laying prostrate, etc.

Good discussion folks!
I believe it does matter, actually.
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

churchyreal

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2010, 04:01:54 PM »

Hmmmmm.

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2010, 04:05:43 PM »
Thanks.  I knew my answer, but couldn't articulate it like that. That's perfect.

No one said that you "can't" worship or praise while sitting down or laying on the floor... I worship all day at work, while sitting in my chair. I worship in my bed at night and first thing in the morning. I praise in the car or while sitting on the train...

P&W is about CORPORATE worship... being with one accord, in one place (literally and figuratively) doing the same thing with the same goal in the same spirit.

I think if you ask any P&W leader, they'll be able to tell you why it's so important that people are standing. I'm not one, but I know the deal... for one, singing to people that are sitting puts you in a position of entertaining or singing TO people instead of leading them in corporate worship. It does NOT foster corporate worship.  Plus, people who are sitting during P&W tend not to participate (or not as enthusiastically as they can) in the corporate worship experience, and they can get lazy, complacent, comfortable (which goes against SACRIFICING praise in an offering for corporate worship).

Yeah, I said corporate worship a lot... it was for a reason.

I disagree.

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2010, 04:07:38 PM »
I disagree.

:D :D :D :D :D

Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!  >:(

:D :D :D :D :D
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2010, 04:11:15 PM »
Edit:

Just to be clear, I dont disagree with everything you wrote, I just dont think it matters if every single person is standing during praise and worship. As for those who never stand, I'm not one to judge them. :-\

churchyreal

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2010, 04:13:48 PM »
Edit:

Just to be clear, I dont disagree with everything you wrote, I just dont think it matters if every single person is standing during praise and worship. As for those who never stand, I'm not one to judge them. :-\

Let me challenge you:

If it doesn't matter whether everyone is standing during praise & worship (which I don't fully disagree with you on) does that question the notion of corporate worship and even the time we call praise & worship?

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2010, 04:22:09 PM »
Let me challenge you:

If it doesn't matter whether everyone is standing during praise & worship (which I don't fully disagree with you on) does that question the notion of corporate worship and even the time we call praise & worship?

I dont think that corporate means that every single person has to be doing the SAME EXACT thing.

churchyreal

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2010, 04:47:48 PM »
I dont think that corporate means that every single person has to be doing the SAME EXACT thing.

Hmmm I see.

:-\

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2010, 12:34:15 AM »

I totally agree with you.

Edit:

I wouldn't judge them either, unless they're being defiant or rebellious... then I would "judge" them as defiant or rebellious. *shrug*

No one is saying that if every single person doesn't stand, then the Spirit of the Lord won't be present, or God won't be glorified, or the worship experience won't be rich or pleasing to God... no one is saying it's tragic if everyone doesn't stand.

I don't think there's any point going back and forth. I don't think you'll really get it until you become a P&W leader.

When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2010, 12:58:59 AM »
 8)

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2010, 08:00:35 AM »
I totally agree with you.

I wouldn't judge them either, unless they're being defiant or rebellious... then I would "judge" them as defiant or rebellious. *shrug*

No one is saying that if every single person doesn't stand, then the Spirit of the Lord won't be present, or God won't be glorified, or the worship experience won't be rich or pleasing to God... no one is saying it's tragic if everyone doesn't stand.

I don't think there's any point going back and forth. I don't think you'll really get it until you become a P&W leader.

This. It's more than that, but I'll, like you, leave it there.

Offline knox06

• LGM Member

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2010, 04:20:25 PM »
I like to think of my church as a traditional church. However, sometimes we ask everyone that can, please stand during Praise and Worship. I think it out of respect and reference to the Holy Spirit. The rest of the service the congregation gets a chance to sit, so why not stand. I prefer everyone that can, stand. in addition, it's a sign of unity as we go into his presence.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up