LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Fender 5string jazz Bstring  (Read 3971 times)

Offline jmain

• LGM Member
  • Gator Nation

Re: Fender 5string jazz Bstring
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2010, 08:13:01 PM »
I'm really digging the look and specs on the new Dlx; especially the V.  Guess I was a little off DW.  New prices around $1700.  These look sweet.
Eph 5:15-20

Offline trymone

• LGM Member

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2010, 03:57:15 PM »
i have a 97 fender jazz deluxe american 5 with noiseless pickups and i tune it a 1/2 step down. to me my B isn't impressive in either tunning. I've own a Musicman stingray 5 and that B string had a heavy punch and my friends ibenez B strings sounds better than my fender. But the new ones might be different. my bass is my 3rd arm so i'm cool.

Offline funkStrat_97

• LGM Member
  • Da' House Rocka' is in Da' House!
    • Facebook

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2010, 08:51:37 PM »
The funny thing is that the Sting Ray also uses a 34" scale.  It just goes to show you that there are other factors that influence the tone/feel of a B string than just the scale leangth.  I've even heard that there are some 35" scale fives that don't sound any better than an average 34" bass.
“Don't bother to give God instructions, just report for duty”
- Corrie Ten Boom

Offline jeremyr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Callowhill fanatic
    • My Youtube Chanel

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2010, 09:31:25 AM »

http://fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0194690705

The nut is 1.65!!!!!!!! I THINK I AM IN LOVE!!!!!
Somebody put me in the key of E#

Offline DWBass

• LGM Member
  • Make A Joyful Noise!

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2010, 11:12:05 AM »
The funny thing is that the Sting Ray also uses a 34" scale.  It just goes to show you that there are other factors that influence the tone/feel of a B string than just the scale leangth.  I've even heard that there are some 35" scale fives that don't sound any better than an average 34" bass.
I agree with this. 35" scale just affords a 'tighter feeling' B string more so than a bass with 34" scale. Good sounding B strings are more attributed to a good string, proper nut cut, proper string winding/angle & proper neck setup.
"Never Leave Home Without Your Groove On" :)

Offline ddwilkins

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Arsenal!!!!
    • D'Wayne's Spot

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2010, 11:36:18 AM »

That just looks sweet!!!
Keep God first and he'll do the rest!!!

Offline funkStrat_97

• LGM Member
    • Facebook

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2010, 12:40:29 PM »

Why Fender, why????  I'm already strarting to count my nickels and dimes for an American Deluxe Strat (H-S-S) and now you guys have me GASin' for an Amer. Dlx. Jazz V....and I'm a guitarist!!!  (Well, I guess I could always sell my MIM Dlx. Active Jazz V if I really wanted to do this.)
- Corrie Ten Boom

Offline jeremyr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Callowhill fanatic
    • My Youtube Chanel

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2010, 02:24:51 PM »
I'm officially starting my savings fund to get one! that bad boy is AMAZING!i will get the geddy version like shown above.
Somebody put me in the key of E#

Offline floaded27

• LGM Member
    • MySpace Profile

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2010, 04:10:51 PM »
never really liked the 4+1 setup on the Fenders. the headstock can make or break a bass for me. but digging the rest, especially the rectangle inlays.
For my God... let "Golden Axe" prevail.

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member
  • The Waves SSL 4000 plug-ins. The greatest EVER!!!

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2010, 06:43:37 PM »
A friend of mine just bought one.  He is raving about it.  The active/passive switch definite has my attention because I was gonna go with a local boutique builder for that very feature with some crazy electronics.  Guess they've gotten the message to step it up.
When you've done your very best, do even better.

Offline funkStrat_97

• LGM Member
    • Facebook

« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2010, 08:21:59 PM »
never really liked the 4+1 setup on the Fenders. the headstock can make or break a bass for me. but digging the rest, especially the rectangle inlays.

You, sir, are one of 7 people in the whole wide world that don't like the 4+1 tuner arrangement ;D.  The one thing that I wish they hadn't done was to get rid of the American Deluxe body shape.
- Corrie Ten Boom

Offline cordney

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • We will meet again!!!

« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2010, 03:12:24 AM »

Wow!!!!  I'm speechless!
‎"It is okay to fail, it is unacceptable to become a failure"

Offline craigory

• LGM Member

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2010, 11:42:02 AM »
I've GOTTA say, Fender AM Deluxe 5 is IT!! I've had "Justine" for 8 yrs. or so. SWEET as spring rain!! The Samarian Noiseless PU's are awsome. If you get the chance invest.  I haven't played a new one, mine has all 5 tuners together, the new ones have the G tuner over and bottom if U know what I mean.

Offline hands5

• LGM Member

« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2010, 03:02:36 PM »
What was it about the SCN pickups that impress u the most? I'm looking into a pair of Barts pickups for my
Fender Jazz 5. Trying to get some compare opinions first. Thanks !!
I bought a 07 that had the SCN's in it and I didn't care for them at all so I went with Nordstrands and didn't care for those either, so I actually ended up putting a pair of 95 MIA 5 string pickups ( i.e. John shur pickups) in it along with the FMEQ 1 Preamp from that same bass and turned out to be a great souding bass

Offline hands5

• LGM Member

« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2010, 03:07:16 PM »
I need me a jazz bass and was thinking about a fender, but i tune half step down and i think fenders are 34 scale. I was wondering if the b string flop alot tune half step down on fender jazz.

Thanks for help.
I have a Marcus Miller V,and I've tune a 1/2 step down a few times and I had no problems with the B socalled flopping at all..
I mean Anthony Jackson did for years on his 68 P bass all the way up until 1982

Offline DWBass

• LGM Member
  • Make A Joyful Noise!

« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2010, 04:46:30 PM »
I bought a 07 that had the SCN's in it and I didn't care for them at all so I went with Nordstrands and didn't care for those either, so I actually ended up putting a pair of 95 MIA 5 string pickups ( i.e. John shur pickups) in it along with the FMEQ 1 Preamp from that same bass and turned out to be a great sounding bass
I don't think the Nordies were the problem. Had to be the pre-amp. I have Nordies in my JO5 and they kill!

Offline hands5

• LGM Member

« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2010, 01:58:12 PM »
Wow! Fender finally flattened out their necks!! And they added a 'true' active bypass switch which I think should be standard on all active/passive basses! True, the prices are now in Sadowsky territory but it seems they finally figured out how to compete with the boutique market. I'd like to know what the average weights are. I love my Laklands but I'd love to give these new basses a try!
Well they did the by pass active switch with the Marcus Miller V,but the problem was  ( and still is)that you don't have the ability to dial  your tone in with the bass in passive mode and it still that way with the New American Deluxes,but the bass sounds great so I bought one

Offline DWBass

• LGM Member
  • Make A Joyful Noise!

« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2010, 02:14:35 PM »
Well they did the by pass active switch with the Marcus Miller V,but the problem was  ( and still is)that you don't have the ability to dial  your tone in with the bass in passive mode and it still that way with the New American Deluxes,but the bass sounds great so I bought one
Are you sure the Marcus was a 'true' bypass?? I owned one and if the battery went dead, the bass wouldn't play in passive either. I believe these new Deluxes will play in passive if the battery goes dead!

Offline mjl422

• LGM Member

« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2010, 10:27:12 AM »
You, sir, are one of 7 people in the whole wide world that don't like the 4+1 tuner arrangement ;D.  The one thing that I wish they hadn't done was to get rid of the American Deluxe body shape.

One of 8....

Offline DWBass

• LGM Member
  • Make A Joyful Noise!

« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2010, 12:18:28 PM »
I never liked the 5 in line array! 4+1 or 5+2 (Like my Lakland) I like!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up