LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question all answer plz  (Read 1349 times)

Offline ahmadw

• LGM Member

Question all answer plz
« on: March 21, 2010, 07:39:49 PM »
How do you go about asking a church for a certain amount of money if they have no musician?

Offline betnich

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: Question all answer plz
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 07:42:49 PM »
How large is the church and how good is the musician????

Offline ahmadw

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 03:16:45 PM »
i havnt found a church yet im just wonderin what are the factors to consider because in a few months imma be graduating and going to charlotte for college and im gonna be lookin for a church to play for to have a goood income coming in and i've been playin about 3 yrs going on 4 and i was thinkin somewhere around 300-400 a sunday but its not restricted to that...and i am just gettin into teaching parts and directing so i am well rounded when it comes to my craft

Offline T-Block

• LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 07:47:36 PM »
How do you go about asking a church for a certain amount of money if they have no musician?

Put it in writing. Don't be afraid to ask for what you want. If a church feels like you're worth that, they will pay. If not, you keep looking until you come to a place that will accept your offer. I mean really, you gotta eat and you got bills to pay.
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

Offline jonesl78

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 04:04:50 PM »
i havnt found a church yet im just wonderin what are the factors to consider because in a few months imma be graduating and going to charlotte for college and im gonna be lookin for a church to play for to have a goood income coming in and i've been playin about 3 yrs going on 4 and i was thinkin somewhere around 300-400 a sunday but its not restricted to that...and i am just gettin into teaching parts and directing so i am well rounded when it comes to my craft

This is key IMO. It can be very beneficial to a musician if they can play their chosen instrument skillfully and have the ability to teach a choir their respective parts.
Pages: [1]   Go Up