LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: fake bass face?  (Read 750 times)

Offline phbrown

• LGM Member
  • Google Fiber

fake bass face?
« on: March 19, 2010, 05:58:53 PM »
does the fake bass face exist? 1:55-2:00 mark.
GOSPELCHOPS.COM PRESENTS: BASS SESSIONZ VOL. 1!! ON SALE NOW!!

Offline under13

• LGM Member

Re: fake bass face?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 06:15:18 PM »
Why it gotta be fake? He was killin it!

Offline mjl422

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 07:59:44 PM »
That's not fake.  That's the way he always plays.

Offline ssabass

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 10:43:04 PM »
He really wasn't doing anything that exciting, to even have a bass face. But Mr. Gouche when paired up with  Damion Erkstien(i think thats his name), around 5:59, just took what they were doing to another level. Erkstien was putting me to sleep, Gouche just took it to whole another dimension on him. & he wasn't trying to outshine Erkstien, he couldn't help, it's just in him. Gouche comes at you, from a whole different angle, than most bass players. Like a knuckleball, you don't know where he's going. When he touches that bass, magic comes through those finger. 

Offline Nazarite0106

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 12:19:35 PM »
This whole dvd had some TIGHT shed sessions and interviews. I personally think it's a must have in any bassists collection. It even has a 15 min shout session at the end, where 4 artists at a time take turns doing solos while others hold down the groove.

I think dudes bass face is what it is. Real or Fake who knows. He was having a good time playing and decided to express it.

Offline blacklw234

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2010, 08:35:42 PM »
This whole dvd had some TIGHT shed sessions and interviews. I personally think it's a must have in any bassists collection. It even has a 15 min shout session at the end, where 4 artists at a time take turns doing solos while others hold down the groove.

I think dudes bass face is what it is. Real or Fake who knows. He was having a good time playing and decided to express it.

Absolutely, real or fake, these are some bad cats playing the bass. All the cats are great bassist in their own right.
I play a LTD ESP C-305 Bass

Offline cordney

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • We will meet again!!!

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2010, 04:37:33 PM »
He really wasn't doing anything that exciting, to even have a bass face. But Mr. Gouche when paired up with  Damion Erkstien(i think thats his name), around 5:59, just took what they were doing to another level. Erkstien was putting me to sleep, Gouche just took it to whole another dimension on him. & he wasn't trying to outshine Erkstien, he couldn't help, it's just in him. Gouche comes at you, from a whole different angle, than most bass players. Like a knuckleball, you don't know where he's going. When he touches that bass, magic comes through those finger. 

I disagree with the part in bold!!!  Anytime I'm around other bass players and we are jammin...I make faces the whole time, mainly because I'm having fun.  Alot of the time, when I'm not playing...I still make an occasional bass face.
‎"It is okay to fail, it is unacceptable to become a failure"

Offline Quebass86

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 10:42:28 AM »
IMO bass face is appropriate anytime you have that feel. It can be a basic shout run but in that moment nobody knows how you are feeling but you or when a simple pluck, or slide or note is properly placed at the right place at the right time..it can produce a bass face so fierce that Satan would have to bow down......
May God's Grace & Mercy smile upon you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up