LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: More enthusiasm from youth choir  (Read 1793 times)

Offline 1savior

• LGM Member

More enthusiasm from youth choir
« on: March 31, 2010, 05:53:00 PM »
Hello LGM M.O.M, This is probably only my second post, but I need some advice on how to handle our youth choir. The kids are from 7yrs old to 10 or 11 and some of them really enjoy it and some act like they would rather be somewhere else. Some parents make their kids sing and some are by choice. They claim some of the music is boring, but even when we do uptempo "exciting" songs, they sing like they just lost their best friend. Having a meeting tonight with the parents and kids to see what we can come up with. Any help greatly appreciated.

Offline betnich

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: More enthusiasm from youth choir
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 12:31:01 AM »
I think people sing best when they forget others around them and get into worship.
Of course with kids the maturity and spirituality levels vary, and one loud one can get others off track...

;)

Offline 1savior

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 08:02:10 PM »
Thanks for that reply. The meeting went well...ok. The kids that did not really want to sing, their parents let them sit out hoping that as they get older they will want to try it again. We are left with just 5, but these 5 enjoy singing for Jesus and I'm sure God is going is going to bless anyhow.

Offline betnich

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 09:48:21 PM »
Well, 5 committed ones is better than 12 wishy-washies, IMO...and their parents have to get them there, support them, etc. I feel for the ones who want to sing but can't get there until the last minute because the family is late...
Pages: [1]   Go Up