LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New To The M.O.M. Position  (Read 1139 times)

Offline allegrolyt

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • To God be the glory............

New To The M.O.M. Position
« on: April 06, 2010, 09:45:47 PM »
I have just been appointed to the position of M.O.M., I was just the pianist/organist (Still in the learning process). I know how to teach parts and help the leads but I really feel like I don't know what I am doing as far as having a stucture of being the head of this ministry.

I have a Praise Leader who have the congregation and some of the member thinking it's "My Church featuring TITLE NAME & the praise team (at the same time can hold a tune with help in most cases leader & PT). I have a Choir director who really just stepped up to lead because no one else would, but doesn't know music that well to lead so I'm being relied upon to run it basiclly. And now we are in themist of starting a jr. choir and PT.

I feel so overwelmed because I don't know where to go. I have been praying, and letting God move during the service. But I know there is no true order on my part because of it.

I have bought books, looked at websites and talked to my Pastor (who does not know that much about music but he has set some order). I just feel so lost it's crazy. Can anyone give me some insight?
L Cloud

churchyreal

Re: New To The M.O.M. Position
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 10:09:00 PM »
Welcome to LGM my friend! I'm pretty sure someone will lead you to some of our old threads on this topic! Hope you enjoy your stay! We welcome you once, we welcome you twice, we welcome you three times in the name of Jesus :D

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 08:43:26 AM »
Alright, first, breath. There, feel better? Good.

The Bible says, 'write the vision and make it plain'. If you have complete autonomy as MOM, what would you like to see in your church's music ministry? Forget about what's been done before (for a second) and just dream a little dream. What's the music department look like to you?

Once you have that figured out, how different is the present music department from your vision? What are the steps needed to bring the two closer together?

Praise leader's ego too big? Sit 'em down for a spell. Folks'll think you're crazy, but you'll provide scripture reminding them that, as the song goes, it's not about us, it's about Jesus.

Choir director doesn't know music that well? Work with them; if that doesn't work, run it yourself until you can find someone, from within, who can.

I'll leave that for you to chew on for a while.

Be Blessed and welcome to LGM!
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline karlmhoon

• LGM Member
    • Pentecostal COGIC Greenville Ky.

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 09:53:17 PM »
Some things that a musican have to go though

God didn’t give us the power for fear what god have given us is power. Big shout out to our heavenly father. Thank god for the saints just commenting on the things musicians have to deal with, we all hear the comments and the questions about how musicians are now lets smith it around about the thing they go through and what they deal with, frist of all when you dealing a choir are a praise team, you are just not dealing with vocal.

You dealing with hormones attitude, personal issues from husband and wife mad at each other, are boy friend and girlfriend mad with each other bring it to your rehearsals, that cause a convict off top. But we want to talk about the thing that musician have to go through, especial when you already have your own personal life that you got a whole problem in trying to keep your head clear, to learn all this music to teach the parts same with the director thank God of the directors have to go through the same thing, it is so frustrating.

When you sitting up there blowing your lung out teaching parts and folks there but not there, that is so frustrating so you have to deal with that off the top. And that is a lot to deal with. But peoples don’t want to keep it real about that. We look pass the little stuff like that.

Your rehearsal will be destroyed you have to deal with a lot of neglect spirits and attitude and we all got somebody at our church that come in there nelective all ready killed the spirit talking about oooo I hope we don’t be in here long, Im show ready to go home, them are the same one I tell to go back home,

don’t ever come in the church if you are going to be like that, because when we come to the church it shouldn’t be waiting on Sunday just to get our praise on you should have a praise break in the middle of your rehearsal peoples done got away from that kind of stuff,

you don’t wait on Sunday the holy ghost will show any day of the week and will knock you on the ground. But you got to be in it. You see you got to have that spirit when you coming to rehearsal when you coming to the church you got to drop all of that stuff make it easier for your minister of music to do his job.

Even door a lot time the minister of music aren’t right lets just keep it real we got to hit on both sides a lot of musicians or minister of music they come in the church already mad you know ready to get out of there and aren’t even been there 20 are 30 minutes and half of them showing up late any way coming to church late any way coming to church late and then they want to get up out of there in 20 are 30 minutes that’s like me I don’t stay no where near my church it almost take me 45 minutes to get there when I get to my church I’m not ready to go in no 30 to 40 minutes I at lease want 2 ½  hours going on 3,

Im not even looking at the clock cause when I leave my house I’m ready to give my time to God  I don’t care what time he keep me in there as long as we get this stuff done, but this is what the musicians have to go through that’s what I say that a musician first off have to love God have to be humble and have to be in that word following the spirit.

Because you cant get up and lead no body nothing that you don’t know about. Lets keep this thing real that why I say when you are a minister of music are you call yourself that, you got to live by it, don’t do the church any old kind of way, but the thing that the musicians have to deal with, you see the things that I just name, them are enough things right there to destroy your whole service.

If your minister of music are director mind is not focus on God. we have to able to block all of that mess out of our mind. and to be able to focus and its funny cause you got peoples trying you all the time, that’s why I tell peoples in a minute stay in your precision. don’t get out of your line stay in your lane.

don’t try to jump and tell the minister of music what to do, are the direct what to do. You got all of that mess going on in your rehearsal your rehearsal aint going to be productive at all. You got to put peoples in check I hate to say it like that,  but you do you got to rules, guild lines,

you see the musician have to do that like I say the worst thing about a musicians are a minister of music peoples really don’t like you. cause especial when you have to set rules people got a problem with rules because everybody want to come to church and do they own thing you see that messes up praise the bible says do things in decesome and in order

how are you going to have a great church service and you had a terrible rehearsal on Monday are Wednesday are Thursday when ever your  rehearsal night is.  So the thing that you do on that night is going show up Sunday that’s why he said worship in spirit and in truth but there isn’t no spirit and truth in there. You have to leave though attitudes at house.

And help your minister of music out when they send your music out listen to it don’t come to church unprepared without your lyric you know a musician have to fuss over and over again about the same stuff, but I said it can be vice versa a lot of musician aren’t right you have to fuss at the musicians cause they come to church unprepared also so we got to get right…so these are the things that a musician go through

Offline karlmhoon

• LGM Member
    • Pentecostal COGIC Greenville Ky.

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 09:55:20 PM »
I have just been appointed to the position of M.O.M., I was just the pianist/organist (Still in the learning process). I know how to teach parts and help the leads but I really feel like I don't know what I am doing as far as having a stucture of being the head of this ministry.

I have a Praise Leader who have the congregation and some of the member thinking it's "My Church featuring TITLE NAME & the praise team (at the same time can hold a tune with help in most cases leader & PT). I have a Choir director who really just stepped up to lead because no one else would, but doesn't know music that well to lead so I'm being relied upon to run it basiclly. And now we are in themist of starting a jr. choir and PT.

I feel so overwelmed because I don't know where to go. I have been praying, and letting God move during the service. But I know there is no true order on my part because of it.

I have bought books, looked at websites and talked to my Pastor (who does not know that much about music but he has set some order). I just feel so lost it's crazy. Can anyone give me some insight?

welcome to LGM
Pages: [1]   Go Up