LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Earnest Pugh-Hosanna  (Read 2969 times)

Offline reindale

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Earnest Pugh-Hosanna
« on: April 06, 2010, 02:48:51 PM »
Does anyone know the song "Hosanna" by Earnest Pugh? I'm trying to learn it it. I think it's in A or D, can I get a 2nd?

Offline Dnell

• LGM Member

Re: Earnest Pugh-Hosanna
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 04:13:26 PM »
You're right the song is in D! The basic progression is; Dmaj9-Bmin7-Gmaj7(9)-Bmin7-A7(9), Eric Walls is playing on this track(check him out on YouTube!!!) he's doing a lot of guitar-centric stuff that would be extremely time consuming(hard!!) for me to try to tab-out but hopefully these chords will steer you in the right direction.  I know the song modulates, and then there's a guitar solo but these are the basics of what's being played.  Holla back, if you need help with the chords/voicings.

Offline reindale

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Thanks Dnell
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 12:13:58 PM »
I figured the song was in A or D. In my attempt to play and learn this song I could hear those two chords throughout, so I knew it was based in of those keys. I didn't know Eric Walls was playing on this track until he said his name before that first solo. I am familiar with him on youtube. He has few nice videos and I know he plays with a thumb pick as well. I'm still working on my ear and taking more time to listen to a track. I think there are two guitar players on this track. I know the chords being played are broken bits and pieces of the chords you mentioned. I hear a lot of triads and whole bunch of tasty fills and licks. I'm just trying to get the "feel" of the song down if you know what I mean. Thanks for taking the time to reply. Holla
Pages: [1]   Go Up