LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where's My True Christian Bass Players At! I Need Some Help!  (Read 3304 times)

BrotherRay

I'm trying to find any Bass Players in North Carolina,(Mooresville). I have been trying to teach myself how to play the Bass. I've been playing for a little over a year,without much success. I know a few "Christian Brothers", whom I have asked to help me out,but they don't seem to have the time,can't make time,just don't want to see a brother advance,or either they live to far a way. I dont have my own p.c.and money is kind of short and has been for a while. I cant afford the music DVD'S that everyone keep telling me to get and do you know how hard it is to go to the library and try to remember every thing that you saw online. Man I just need some help in the worst way. There is a little 5 year old boy at my church who got a guitar for Christmas and he played the other day,and it just blowed me away at how much he had learned in such a short period of time. It's just me and the Lord for now. I'm not begging. I just really need some help. Thank You And May God Bless!

Offline B.P.I.T

• LGM Member

Re: Where's My True Christian Bass Players At! I Need Some Help!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 06:15:44 PM »
Man what's up Bro Ray.

Offline cordney

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • We will meet again!!!

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 08:09:27 PM »
I wish I could help!
‎"It is okay to fail, it is unacceptable to become a failure"

Offline DocRoy

• LGM Member
    • Lakland Bass Guitars

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 10:48:49 PM »
I feel for you Brother Ray.  Just hang in there and be encourage.  One thing that help me tremendously when I felt I was not making progress was advice from a former Bass Player who now plays Lead Guitar at my church.  The brother can't read music but can play almost anything by ear.  He simply told me to take my bass and play any and everything I could while sitting in front of a TV.  Commericials, Football Games, Basketball games.  Just play.  Run Scales and modes.  Then he told me to try and play some of the old Motown songs I remembered from back in the day.  My family has tons of music from back in the day just lying around.  Next thing I know I started making progress.  I hope this helps.  But remember this is not a race.  Sometimes it takes time, just hang in there.
I play Lakland Fretless 55-01 with Bartolini MK1 pickups & Active PreAmp. Gallien Krueger 1001RB Amp

BrotherRay

Sorry!
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 11:37:56 AM »
I do apologize!

Offline budrok

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 07:07:03 PM »
If you can afford netflix, you can get quite a few really good bass videos, I think it is like 7 or 9 dollars a month but i have used three or four of their videos and have learned alot, you need to read the reviews...I am an intermediate/advanced player and picked up quickly but the victor wooten video would be past where you are at right now get some of the basic one's and work you way up.  in gospel music start with some blues and jazz guys and the progressions and techniques are very similar.   remember if playing black gospel it is very easy to use chromaticism to get from chord to chord.  Also, try the leading tones into the next chord:  C - F,   the leading tone is e that leads to f.  D -G, leading tone is F#  F - C leading tone would be B natural. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up