LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: John P. Kee's Bass Player Morgan Turner  (Read 6072 times)

Offline blacklw234

• LGM Member

John P. Kee's Bass Player Morgan Turner
« on: April 26, 2010, 10:51:59 PM »
LGMers,

People have been sleepin on this cat. Morgan Turner. Look him up on Youtube.  I saw this cat at John P. Kee's Concert in North Carolina this past weekend and this dude is right up there with the best in Gospel. Whats funny is, I had the opportunity to meet him before the concert and the band. He is a humble cat for what I can see. I met Meechy as well (World Renown Keyboard Player).  JP Kee got all the baddest musicians.  Also, this guy plays a 4 string Performance Bass. I mean, I can't figure out how he hit them low notes. His bass must be tuned down a whole step. Unbelieveable concert!!!!
I play a LTD ESP C-305 Bass

Offline phbrown

• LGM Member
  • Google Fiber

Re: John P. Kee's Bass Player Morgan Turner
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 11:46:57 PM »
According to James Ross on youtube Morgan Turner has a degree in music performance from morgan state university ... interesting :)

Offline Jedi3

• LGM Member
  • "Do or do not. There is no try."

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 10:03:19 AM »
I am blessed to be able to see him play during Sunday service.  He really is a Monster, but also very approachable.  If you ever run into him, just walk right up to him and chat him up. 

Offline waveofthinking

• LGM Member
  • "With God all things are possible"-Matthew 19:26

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 12:19:21 PM »
Hey Jedi, Out of curiosity, have you been meeting a lot of musicians that are unapproachable?
"When the pupil is ready, the master will appear".

Offline mjl422

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 04:30:26 PM »
LGMers,

People have been sleepin on this cat. Morgan Turner. Look him up on Youtube.  I saw this cat at John P. Kee's Concert in North Carolina this past weekend and this dude is right up there with the best in Gospel. Whats funny is, I had the opportunity to meet him before the concert and the band. He is a humble cat for what I can see. I met Meechy as well (World Renown Keyboard Player).  JP Kee got all the baddest musicians.  Also, this guy plays a 4 string Performance Bass. I mean, I can't figure out how he hit them low notes. His bass must be tuned down a whole step. Unbelieveable concert!!!!

Yeah, Morgan got skillz.  Check him out on Isaiah Thomas "The Greatest".  Hopefully, I can get some money together to take a couple of lessons with him sometime soon.

Offline Mouse3drummer

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 08:36:40 PM »
Iono who sleeping on Morgan but, yeah he is a beast on bass. That Isaiah Thomas Cd, dude killed it. He's the one who got me back practicing bass again. His solo on you tube James Ross @ Morgan Turner (Bassman - John P. Kee) "Give Thanks solo" the 2nd best bass solo i've heard, Victor Wooten's many solos rank 1st.

Offline Jedi3

• LGM Member
  • "Do or do not. There is no try."

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 09:33:40 AM »
Hey Jedi, Out of curiosity, have you been meeting a lot of musicians that are unapproachable?

That's just been my experience for most of my life as a musician.  I think it's better now than it used to be.  But honestly, "church" musicians can be some of the most arrogant, unhelpful, mean-spirited folk you'll ever come into contact with.
Pages: [1]   Go Up