LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Interesting!!!!!  (Read 8743 times)

Offline jeremyr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Callowhill fanatic
    • My Youtube Chanel

Re: Interesting!!!!!
« Reply #100 on: May 24, 2010, 05:09:33 PM »
Well ... I'd just like to say once again ... I wasn't saved yet, and I listened to Earth, Wind, and Fire and I recognized the Lord in some of those songs ... we all know that being led to the Lord is a good thing ... I heard about him through songs like "Devotion" and I wasn't in a church during any of that time ... I am the "proof in the pudding" that there's a benefit to songs like these ... they can reach folks that might not be reached otherwise ... who's to say that the songs the Minister sang didn't reach someone that very day?  ... "Keep Your Head to the Sky" ?, these songs aren't a bad thing and I don't think the Lord takes most of the discussion here as seriously as some have ... he loves us, and he knows that we're singing out our love for Him, however and whenever we sing His praises ...

excellent point and I'm glad you bring it up! And so I'll hit my point again.  While you or 95% of the congregation might hear him through those songs, that doesn't account for the other 5% of the congregation that doesn't, so even though the confusion maybe for only 5% of the congregation it's still confusion.  You can't operate a church under confusion as God is not the author of confusion, so therefore no matter how small a portion may be confused we must neglect to inject that into said persons at the church.

The world is confusing enough. Anyone and everyone should be able to come into the church and not be confused on such matters. The point isn't that these questionable songs can save 100,000 , but rather that they can possibly help to LOOSE 1.  And in God's eye every soul is precious, so why should we start loosing people in church over things that can be EASILY avoided.
Somebody put me in the key of E#

Offline blacklw234

• LGM Member

« Reply #101 on: May 24, 2010, 07:59:04 PM »
Why would we make the job of savings souls HARDER by constantly reminding people of the sinful acts that the Gospel of Christ tells them they should abstain from?  If you don't see how that is counteractive then I don't know what to tell you. And let me tell you, if the person listening isn't focusing on Christ (again bringing up the fact that if you have to think about it then you shouldn't do it) then your point of "as long as the focus is on Christ" is NULL and VOID. The whole concept is if it's QUESTIONABLE and might cause confusion for someone in the pews then DON'T DO IT  and well the clips were ALL VERY QUESTIONABLE.

Being a leader in a church isn't about what "YOU" can handle, but thinking about your congregation. We are here to put the focus on CHRIST and not send people into their memory banks to have flash backs and have people daydreaming about how they use to be bumping and grinding in the back of trucks in the park and what not all while wanting to get back there.

Now someone earlier mentioned that pastor knows his church and I HAVE to disagree.  Did you see how large that church is?  When churches get in the range of 700+ members in ONE service these pastors don't know their entire congregations name, let alone enough about all of them to know if they will be affected negatively by this type of "cross over" music.

The church can win souls without singing QUESTIONABLE Songs and if you feel differently then you haven't been reading the bible I have.  Why confuse people on the matter? Keep it Jesus and keep it moving.

Once again... Whats questionable to you may not be questionable to the next person. Case in point...To me that clip was not questionable. It was innovative, thought provoking and moving. Not boring.. Made church exciting. And it gave praise to the Lord Jesus Christ. Just because somebody can't get there dirty past out of there minds while in church should not mean the church can't be creative. In church there are beautiful women wearing all kinds of stuff. Many who are wearing stuff that reminds me of my past. Does that mean we should get rid of all women in church? No we govern ourselves and asked GOD to deliver us from that weakness. If that clip brings back memories, then that person needs deliverance in my opinion. And church is right where they need to be.
I play a LTD ESP C-305 Bass

Offline jeremyr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Callowhill fanatic
    • My Youtube Chanel

« Reply #102 on: May 24, 2010, 08:12:44 PM »
Once again... Whats questionable to you may not be questionable to the next person. Case in point...To me that clip was not questionable. It was innovative, thought provoking and moving. Not boring.. Made church exciting. And it gave praise to the Lord Jesus Christ. Just because somebody can't get there dirty past out of there minds while in church should not mean the church can't be creative. In church there are beautiful women wearing all kinds of stuff. Many who are wearing stuff that reminds me of my past. Does that mean we should get rid of all women in church? No we govern ourselves and asked GOD to deliver us from that weakness. If that clip brings back memories, then that person needs deliverance in my opinion. And church is right where they need to be.

You haven't been reading my responses.  It's not about what YOU can handle o think about, it's about EVERYONE.

Now on to your point about what women wear. The bible says in the OLD & NEW TESTATMENT (for those of you who believe that the new testament is only binding)that we are not to wear all kinds of flashy jewels and things to adorn and bring attention to themselves, so yes they SHOULD stop wearing it to church. And in your case as you mentioned there wouldn't be any flash backs to your past.  God does and says everything for a reason.

Now for the final point. "If that clip brings back memories then that person needs deliverance".  How in heaven can they get deliverance if the church is constantly shoving it down there throat? When they go to church to worship and instead are pushed back a few steps.  Again it's not about what YOU think, or what YOU can handle, but it's about the congregation as a whole. People go to church to charge their spiritual tanks, and for those that are in an earlier walk in their christian journey your reasoning makes absolutely no sense. 

Offline ddwilkins

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Arsenal!!!!
    • D'Wayne's Spot

« Reply #103 on: May 24, 2010, 08:36:08 PM »
Well ... I'd just like to say once again ... I wasn't saved yet, and I listened to Earth, Wind, and Fire and I recognized the Lord in some of those songs ... we all know that being led to the Lord is a good thing ... I heard about him through songs like "Devotion" and I wasn't in a church during any of that time ... I am the "proof in the pudding" that there's a benefit to songs like these ... they can reach folks that might not be reached otherwise ... who's to say that the songs the Minister sang didn't reach someone that very day?  ... "Keep Your Head to the Sky" ?, these songs aren't a bad thing and I don't think the Lord takes most of the discussion here as seriously as some have ... he loves us, and he knows that we're singing out our love for Him, however and whenever we sing His praises ...

I'm with you on this one.

excellent point and I'm glad you bring it up! And so I'll hit my point again.  While you or 95% of the congregation might hear him through those songs, that doesn't account for the other 5% of the congregation that doesn't, so even though the confusion maybe for only 5% of the congregation it's still confusion.  You can't operate a church under confusion as God is not the author of confusion, so therefore no matter how small a portion may be confused we must neglect to inject that into said persons at the church.

The world is confusing enough. Anyone and everyone should be able to come into the church and not be confused on such matters. The point isn't that these questionable songs can save 100,000 , but rather that they can possibly help to LOOSE 1.  And in God's eye every soul is precious, so why should we start loosing people in church over things that can be EASILY avoided.

J, we all know that God isn't the author of confusion. Like I've stated in previous posts and like Floaded said in another, the method and delivery of the message of God was different in this situation. Every "secular" long song does not make people think about sex. Let's just be real, I think this is what the underlying theme of some of these posts I'm reading. It's about love, that's it. If the only song a sinner new was Alicia Keys, "some people want it all...." versus Kirk's "Silver or Gold," then his example is perfect in its delivery. We shouldn't expect people to know scripture, doctrine, gospel songs when they are new converts. So what you are saying, is nothing but confusion to them. They don't have the understanding as we do. My 5 month old son doesn't act the way my 4 year old does, because he's not at his level of maturity. Like you said, every soul in God's eye precious and we must not loose people in church over things that can easily be avoided, with this, "this shouldn't be done in the church" attitude towards everyone, looses souls. I've seen it with my own eyes and heard from people who aren't in church or don't want to be saved. They say, its more so the people in the church that are turning them away with their own beliefs and actions versus not wanting the hear the word of God.
Keep God first and he'll do the rest!!!

Offline jeremyr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Callowhill fanatic
    • My Youtube Chanel

« Reply #104 on: May 24, 2010, 08:53:29 PM »
I'm with you on this one.
 Every "secular" long song does not make people think about sex. Let's just be real, I think this is what the underlying theme of some of these posts I'm reading. It's about love, that's it.

The whole point is that these songs CAN make someone think about any ungodly thought.  It doesn't have to be sex it could be sitting back smoking a joint or whatever.  If these songs were associate with "free minded" folks or "liberal" folks then we have a problem.

The bottom line is that you don't know what EVERYONE is thinking so why do it.  That's what makes it questionable.  Those songs don't make me think about sinning, however I know that they are QUESTIONABLE which is why it has no room in the church.

For the record I like the original versions of these songs :o :o lol

Offline blacklw234

• LGM Member

« Reply #105 on: May 24, 2010, 09:13:48 PM »

The whole point is that these songs CAN make someone think about any ungodly thought.  It doesn't have to be sex it could be sitting back smoking a joint or whatever.  If these songs were associate with "free minded" folks or "liberal" folks then we have a problem.

The bottom line is that you don't know what EVERYONE is thinking so why do it.  That's what makes it questionable.  Those songs don't make me think about sinning, however I know that they are QUESTIONABLE which is why it has no room in the church.

For the record I like the original versions of these songs :o :o lol

I think I will just agree to dis-agree. God Bless you my Brother in Christ. God bless all participants in this discussion.
I play a LTD ESP C-305 Bass
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up