LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: just joined  (Read 1312 times)

Offline wika2

• LGM Member

just joined
« on: January 21, 2005, 04:47:09 AM »
Sup guys!  What a blessing this site is.  I am so happy a site like this exists.  I'm a guitar player  on the  p&w team at  my church.   I play both acoustic and electric guitars.  I don't have any real training, and  been playing seriously for about 5 years.  Pretty much self taught... and by ear.  We cover   Israel, Fred, Kirk, Clint, and down under artists like Parachute Band,  Lincoln Brewster, and Hillsongs.  Located in Hawaii, we're not fixed on one particular style, and would often move from one genre to the next...though we seem to
favor the r&b thing.

I'd like to hook up with other players who cover the above artists, to discuss their technique and approach to playing these songs.  With five years under my belt, I need all the help I can get.

Anyways, love the site.  Hope to dig into the resources you offer and get a membership soon.  May God prosper all that do unto His glory.  Amen.

Offline katstrat

• LGM Member
    • http://

just joined
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2005, 10:25:57 PM »
Welcome! I'm in the process of forming a band myself,some Third Day and some blues based rock style stuff and some folk added in. You don't happen to live in N.W. Arkansas do you? :roll: !

Offline wika2

• LGM Member

just joined
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2005, 10:54:44 PM »
No, I live in Hawaii.  What I meant was to hook up w/ other players online.  All the best to your new formed band, though.

Offline katstrat

• LGM Member
    • http://

just joined
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2005, 11:21:11 PM »
I know what you meant,just wishful thinking. This is the third or fourth Christian music forum that I belong too. I'm glad we share a couple of things in common,such as playing guitars and praising the Lord. Sometimes at the same time!

Kelsey

just joined
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2005, 10:55:38 PM »
Welcome aboard Wika2,

I have only been playing for a few years.  This site has help me progress in my gospel guitar excitement. Remember, all questions are good questions.  

Put and seek God first and your music will be great!
Pages: [1]   Go Up