LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Your Music Ministry Legacy-Part 1 (Current Church)  (Read 1240 times)

churchyreal

Your Music Ministry Legacy-Part 1 (Current Church)
« on: June 07, 2010, 02:45:12 PM »
Even though we as musicians and workers in Christ should be humble, I want us to evaluate our effectiveness in music ministry as lead musicians/ministers of music.

What do you see as your greatest accomplishment(s) as a minister of music/lead musician in the church you are serving in right now? Greatest weakness? Something you would like to improve on? How long?

I'll start:  ;) ;D

I've been lead musician/unofficial minister of music for 5 years officially (even though I kind of started in Oct 2004) at my home church. I feel that my great accomplishment(s) is reducing tension in music ministry between leaders and members, having an easy to get along with attitude and overall environment, being able to connect with those who serve with me, empowering people who've never led songs, and allowing our music ministry to be fun, while knowing when to be serious.

Weaknesses: I think my biggest weaknesses are not taking charge when necessary, not speaking up on things that concern me and maybe not being enough of a perfectionist. I think my "easy/low-key" approach has positive and negatives.

Room for improvement: I want to become (especially depending on how long I stay in music ministry) a more complete musician. Right now I can play and to a certain capability teach parts but need to learn how to read music and better prepare my choir/praise team to sing. Right now I can give notes but I"m not good in actually teaching the choir how to effectively sing their songs.

Ok that's my moment of transparency!  ;D :D

Offline lordluvr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: Your Music Ministry Legacy-Part 1 (Current Church)
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 02:50:42 PM »
What do you see as your greatest accomplishment(s) as a minister of music/lead musician in the church you are serving in right now?

Teaching myself how to play well enough to lead service, during a time when we had no musician.

Greatest weakness?

Becoming complacent

Something you would like to improve on?

My overall playing ability

churchyreal

Pages: [1]   Go Up