LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jelousy, self and nit picking in the praise team  (Read 2404 times)

Offline Cham

• LGM Member

Jelousy, self and nit picking in the praise team
« on: May 30, 2010, 07:12:02 PM »
I am the music minister within the group of which I have been encountering jelousy, self and nit picking within the group especially since having a real spiritual singer on the team leading on some sundays.  There is just one person who has been stiring up strife within the group, she has been giving a bad attitude in rehearsals and complaining outside of the rehearsal other than to the right person.  There is just nothing that pleases her, if I give her a lead she usually messes up and when I correct her she takes it personal.  What should I do in this situation?

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

Re: Jelousy, self and nit picking in the praise team
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 08:41:48 PM »
I am the music minister within the group of which I have been encountering jelousy, self and nit picking within the group especially since having a real spiritual singer on the team leading on some sundays.  There is just one person who has been stiring up strife within the group, she has been giving a bad attitude in rehearsals and complaining outside of the rehearsal other than to the right person.  There is just nothing that pleases her, if I give her a lead she usually messes up and when I correct her she takes it personal.  What should I do in this situation?

You either:

1. Pray, then move her.

2. Pray that God moves her.

3. Pray that God moves you.

4. Pray, then move.
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 08:05:29 AM »
Do you have written guidelines/standards for Praise Team members? If not, you should. If you do, do they include a character/behavior clause or expectations for Godly conduct? If you already have guidelines established and communicated, then you probably have the grounds to remove her.

I would strongly suggest you remove her. A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

Tiptip357

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 08:43:27 AM »
Do you have written guidelines/standards for Praise Team members? If not, you should. If you do, do they include a character/behavior clause or expectations for Godly conduct? If you already have guidelines established and communicated, then you probably have the grounds to remove her.

I would strongly suggest you remove her. A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.

True, sis, but in some cases, God has been revealing some things to me using the parable of the tares in Matt 13...If I was to deal with them without hearing from God, I'll be ALLLLLL up IN the flesh because Lord knows they get on my nerves! And that's real!  What Cham is going through is something that my mom and I can relate.  Actually, this is something that we were talking about last night.  It's SO hard to do, but I have to give it over to God and allow him to do the separating in the end.  He has done it before....

So Cham, definitely, pray........and ask Him what to do next.  If He says wait...as hard as it will be to do....wait...

In all this, don't allow the enemy to make you lose focus on the things that God has for you.  I've also learned that the enemy is not mad at "us"...he could care less about us. What he doesn't like is the gift and anointing that's in us.  God has given us things that can tear up some stuff and cause people to be healed, delivered, and set free.... and the enemy doesn't like it.  So stay focused so that you can be ready for war!  :)

Offline jonesl78

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 09:42:33 AM »

True, sis, but in some cases, God has been revealing some things to me using the parable of the tares in Matt 13...If I was to deal with them without hearing from God, I'll be ALLLLLL up IN the flesh because Lord knows they get on my nerves! And that's real!  What Cham is going through is something that my mom and I can relate.  Actually, this is something that we were talking about last night.  It's SO hard to do, but I have to give it over to God and allow him to do the separating in the end.  He has done it before....

So Cham, definitely, pray........and ask Him what to do next.  If He says wait...as hard as it will be to do....wait...

In all this, don't allow the enemy to make you lose focus on the things that God has for you.  I've also learned that the enemy is not mad at "us"...he could care less about us. What he doesn't like is the gift and anointing that's in us.  God has given us things that can tear up some stuff and cause people to be healed, delivered, and set free.... and the enemy doesn't like it.  So stay focused so that you can be ready for war!  :)

I was under the impression that the parable of the tare dealt with the fact that you cannot tell the difference between it and wheat until they were ready to harvest. Only God can see the heart. However, If someone is consistently displaying negative behavior that is disruptive to the unity within the choir, then I think they may need to enjoy service from the pew.

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 09:46:34 AM »
I was under the impression that the parable of the tare dealt with the fact that you cannot tell the difference between it and wheat until they were ready to harvest. Only God can see the heart. However, If someone is consistently displaying negative behavior that is disruptive to the unity within the choir, then I think they may need to enjoy service from the pew.

This. :D
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Tiptip357

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 10:00:42 AM »

Exactly what "my" answer was....

Only God can see the heart.

There ya go...

All I'm sayin is pray and wait on God to give you the answer...if HE says remove them, then do so.  I would wait on God to give me the things that I need to say to that person because if I do it on my own, in the flesh, it won't be pretty... :D

...you might end up doing more damage than good...just sayin...

Offline betnich

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2010, 01:00:57 PM »
In all this, don't allow the enemy to make you lose focus on the things that God has for you.  I've also learned that the enemy is not mad at "us"...he could care less about us. What he doesn't like is the gift and anointing that's in us.  God has given us things that can tear up some stuff and cause people to be healed, delivered, and set free.... and the enemy doesn't like it.  So stay focused so that you can be ready for war!  :)[/size] [/font]

I have experienced the effects of jealousy, self and nit-picking (okay, I have been guilty of the third one, because of my picky ear).

I am convinced that our enemy does NOT like us cooperating in God's power with love together, and will use and instigate anything or anybody to try to disrupt and stop it - remember the Holy Spirit fell on the disciples when they were in one accord.

PS - found this message about heart attitudes on Worship Teams -

http://www.sovereigngracestore.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=A1195-02-51

- also available as a downloadable PDF ...
Pages: [1]   Go Up