LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Check out the new Vid of ya boy!!!  (Read 10380 times)

Offline Hotsticks1

• LGM Member
  • Welcome to my world...
    • Myspace

Check out the new Vid of ya boy!!!
« on: June 14, 2010, 04:24:36 AM »
Sup guys, this is a vid of me and some of the homies messing around at the studio...We just kinda threw somethin together right quick...Hope ya'll enjoy, and feel free to comment

Pomp & Circumstance (Alabama Remix)

"If thine enemy wrong thee...Buy each of his children a drum"

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

Re: Check out the new Vid of ya boy!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 02:03:03 PM »
Wow

Your guy said he was gonna "jazz" it up.  Then somebody said "soul."  Well let me be the first to say that version of the graduation song was far from either one of those.  Not even close.  That was more like the "un-polished church cat" version.  Not to mention the funniest part of the vid, between 41-43 seconds  :o  Ive never seen such a thing caught on video, a youtube video at that!  Classic  :)

You guys are laughing and joking around but I dont see anything funny about sucking.  We all have to start somewhere but until you get it together, there is no room for play.

Hope you guys take your musicianship as individuals and as a band more serious.

Offline Da_Drumma

• LGM Member
    • Da' Drumma on Myspace

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 04:55:54 PM »
Wow

Your guy said he was gonna "jazz" it up.  Then somebody said "soul."  Well let me be the first to say that version of the graduation song was far from either one of those.  Not even close.  That was more like the "un-polished church cat" version.  Not to mention the funniest part of the vid, between 41-43 seconds  :o  Ive never seen such a thing caught on video, a youtube video at that!  Classic  :)

You guys are laughing and joking around but I dont see anything funny about sucking.  We all have to start somewhere but until you get it together, there is no room for play.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Sheen.......I gotta say, miss ya homeboy!!!!! Lol

Offline DetroitB3

• LGM Member
  • Playing in the key of life
    • http://

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 11:12:20 PM »
Wow

:o ;D :D :'(

That sir, was funny ! LOL

Offline Hotsticks1

• LGM Member
  • Welcome to my world...
    • Myspace

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 03:45:47 AM »
Wow

Wow

[/quote]

Man...Cats these days get on Gospelchops and don't know how to act...Boy, I tell ya. I wonder if 13 year old Nick Smith had this same attitude when he got finished recording? Lmbo. It's all good tho dude, I respect your honesty, now let me honest with you...YOU'RE ILLITERATE!!!

The video description says, and I quote, "Sup guys, this is a vid of me and some of the homies messing around at the studio...We just kinda threw somethin together right quick...Hope ya'll enjoy, and feel free to comment."

Clearly the terms "messing around" and "threw somethin together right quick" went strait over your head. Lol. And no one ever said we were playing the jazz or soul version of the song smart guy...We said we were going to jazz it up and add some soul to it to make it our own.

As for the band as a whole, those cats are my good friends and they are more than capable of creating serious music...No one of us as musicians are perfect, we all have our flaws that need work. I can't speak for my band, or any other musicians, but music is my life and I work just as hard as you or any other musician to be better at it...And who are you to judge how seriously I take my musicianship? (Anybody? Somebody, Nah bruh. Nobody  ;) Lmbo) I like to have fun with my music. What's wrong with experimenting? Putting down a rough draft of an idea? Have you always been perfect?! Let me answer that for you...Nah. I watch a lot of your clips bro and I'll be the first to tell you, that you're an awesome drummer....

But...Are you the best I've heard: Nah, not even close...Lmbo. What major artists projects have I heard you on? None to my knowledge. Lmbo. Are you a nice guy? Nah, you're a jerk. Lmbo

Hhhhhmmmm...By the looks of things, you're sucking pretty bad yourself right now bud. Lol. 

All I'm saying is...Holla at me when you getcha weight up. You are in no position to be coming down on folks that are trying to work towards getting what you have. You talkin a lot of trash, but ya records still show that you fightin as a featherweight. Lol.

Was this a mastered studio recording, nah, not at all...Was it meant to be, nah, not at all.  :D

Offline 3rd-Day

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 07:53:30 AM »
I just have one question. Was the loud tapping noise (41-43 sec) the sound of the transpose button??

:-X :-X :-X :-X :o ?/? ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Im too tall to act small.

Offline DetroitB3

• LGM Member
  • Playing in the key of life
    • http://

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 10:31:09 AM »
I just have one question. Was the loud tapping noise (41-43 sec) the sound of the transpose button??

:-X :-X :-X :-X :o ?/? ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

LOL!!!   :o

Offline drummerforgod

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 01:22:50 PM »
Wow

Man...Cats these days get on Gospelchops and don't know how to act...Boy, I tell ya. I wonder if 13 year old Nick Smith had this same attitude when he got finished recording? Lmbo. It's all good tho dude, I respect your honesty, now let me honest with you...YOU'RE ILLITERATE!!!

The video description says, and I quote, "Sup guys, this is a vid of me and some of the homies messing around at the studio...We just kinda threw somethin together right quick...Hope ya'll enjoy, and feel free to comment."

Clearly the terms "messing around" and "threw somethin together right quick" went strait over your head. Lol. And no one ever said we were playing the jazz or soul version of the song smart guy...We said we were going to jazz it up and add some soul to it to make it our own.

As for the band as a whole, those cats are my good friends and they are more than capable of creating serious music...No one of us as musicians are perfect, we all have our flaws that need work. I can't speak for my band, or any other musicians, but music is my life and I work just as hard as you or any other musician to be better at it...And who are you to judge how seriously I take my musicianship? (Anybody? Somebody, Nah bruh. Nobody  ;) Lmbo) I like to have fun with my music. What's wrong with experimenting? Putting down a rough draft of an idea? Have you always been perfect?! Let me answer that for you...Nah. I watch a lot of your clips bro and I'll be the first to tell you, that you're an awesome drummer....

But...Are you the best I've heard: Nah, not even close...Lmbo. What major artists projects have I heard you on? None to my knowledge. Lmbo. Are you a nice guy? Nah, you're a jerk. Lmbo

Hhhhhmmmm...By the looks of things, you're sucking pretty bad yourself right now bud. Lol. 

All I'm saying is...Holla at me when you getcha weight up. You are in no position to be coming down on folks that are trying to work towards getting what you have. You talkin a lot of trash, but ya records still show that you fightin as a featherweight. Lol.

Was this a mastered studio recording, nah, not at all...Was it meant to be, nah, not at all.  :D

hello chief!

i think u should sit back and chill instead of lolling all around.
what is the reason for posting such a video if u say: just messin around....

to me it seems as if u try to get some props and hear what everybody in this video is thinkin ("we are some hot cats") but as soon as there is something critical u say.... "naw man i was just messin..... ya know...."

that sounds a bit weak to me...

now concerning drummasheen i wud suggest that u dont put up a video called: " just messing around..... with sheen..." cuz he is related to chuck norris and he can play drums with feathers louder than u can....

;)
Stay in the Pocket of GOD!

Offline Da_Drumma

• LGM Member
    • Da' Drumma on Myspace

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 01:50:25 PM »
hello chief!

i think u should sit back and chill instead of lolling all around.
what is the reason for posting such a video if u say: just messin around....

to me it seems as if u try to get some props and hear what everybody in this video is thinkin ("we are some hot cats") but as soon as there is something critical u say.... "naw man i was just messin..... ya know...."

that sounds a bit weak to me...

now concerning drummasheen i wud suggest that u dont put up a video called: " just messing around..... with sheen..." cuz he is related to chuck norris and he can play drums with feathers louder than u can....

;)

Exactly......I mean really!!! What was your point in posting your vid?? What were you looking for in return?? It definately was helping anybody else out, so the other being that I guess you were trying to gain from it. Honestly what sheen was saying is so correct. I mean if you guys want to do that on your free time, then hey...hats off to you. Dont think that it is something interesting to people when your just messing around...a.k.a..not being real. Honestly....what you did was post a vid of some ideas that you and your buddies came up with, and labeled it "Messing Around" just to try to knock off anybody that says anything negative.Now had someone said something positive about, you would have been surely glad to accept the gratitude!!! You wouldnt blow down the positive. Man...alot of these cats got mad respect in here for music, and I mean total respect for music as a whole. When people dont respect the integrity of music it makes everyone who is a part look bad. Next time...dont post something like that, and label it "Messing Around" the least you can do is idk.....label it something different. Send it to people in secret or something.

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2010, 03:29:22 PM »
Well lets see here.  I don't know how old you are but there is an old hymn that the old saints of Holy Mortal Kombat Tabernacle used to sing.  Its called the "Finish Hymn!!"   :D ;D >:(  The screen has darkened and you are now wobbling helplessly like Tye Tribbett's marriage lmbo

First of all, when i take off my belt and whip a child, I don't wanna know how bad it stings.  You forgot, this is the LGM drum room.  If you want sympathy and false encouragement, go eat a fortune cookie.  I mean, what kind of comments did you expect to get?  You ask, who am I?  Well, I'm the guy who tells you when your video sucks.  That's who I am.

Anyway, what does it matter how good I am or what I have or have not done.  This thread is about you and your gang of injured reserve, super cocky and over confident musicians.  You didn't jazz up anything.  You didn't add soul to anything.  All you did was play the "church offering" version of a graduation song, that's only fit for senior clowns at the University of McDonald's.  Then have the nerve to say, "this is how everyone should play this song, and if you can't play it, call us and we'll play it for you."  Wow.  What you really mean to say is, "hey, if you have a keyboard player who can't quite reach that transpose button, call me I'll do it for you."  Clowns.

And whats up with using black magic anyway!  How are you gonna post a video with such a bold display of trickery and witchcraft?  Yes, transposing.  Pure and utter laziness.  He did it like he accomplished something too lol.  Like oh I'm in the wrong key?  Well watch this, tap tappitty tap tap lol!

Like I said, we all have to start somewhere so its actually ok to suck but, if you're gonna suck, suck quietly please.  You guys are too vocal, cocky, over confident, laughing and joking to camouflage your suckiness in hopes that everyone thinks you're better than what you display.  I don't give a crap what your caption says lol.  You try to say you're just messing around to protect yourself from people like us.  The drum room lions.  The infamous dogs.  Yeah, we bite.  That video is like raw steak to us lmbo!  Been hibernating for a while but enough is enough.  For now on, if you jump in that water, you WILL get brewed, boy.

We are here to help musicians of all kinds with any questions or concerns.  We are also here to just listen and watch if you just feel like sharing.  But if your attitude sucks, we will let you have it.  Doesn't matter who you are.  Just check the last list of drummers who were sent to the LGM dog house lololol

Offline 3rd-Day

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 03:37:12 PM »
This Thread is Locked!

LOL!!
Im too tall to act small.

Offline stiksnmypocket

• LGM Member
    • Myspace

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2010, 04:28:30 PM »
Well lets see here.  I don't know how old you are but there is an old hymn that the old saints of Holy Mortal Kombat Tabernacle used to sing.  Its called the "Finish Hymn!!"   :D ;D >:(  The screen has darkened and you are now wobbling helplessly like Tye Tribbett's marriage lmbo

First of all, when i take off my belt and whip a child, I don't wanna know how bad it stings.  You forgot, this is the LGM drum room.  If you want sympathy and false encouragement, go eat a fortune cookie.  I mean, what kind of comments did you expect to get?  You ask, who am I?  Well, I'm the guy who tells you when your video sucks.  That's who I am.

Anyway, what does it matter how good I am or what I have or have not done.  This thread is about you and your gang of injured reserve, super cocky and over confident musicians.  You didn't jazz up anything.  You didn't add soul to anything.  All you did was play the "church offering" version of a graduation song, that's only fit for senior clowns at the University of McDonald's.  Then have the nerve to say, "this is how everyone should play this song, and if you can't play it, call us and we'll play it for you."  Wow.  What you really mean to say is, "hey, if you have a keyboard player who can't quite reach that transpose button, call me I'll do it for you."  Clowns.

And whats up with using black magic anyway!  How are you gonna post a video with such a bold display of trickery and witchcraft?  Yes, transposing.  Pure and utter laziness.  He did it like he accomplished something too lol.  Like oh I'm in the wrong key?  Well watch this, tap tappitty tap tap lol!

Like I said, we all have to start somewhere so its actually ok to suck but, if you're gonna suck, suck quietly please.  You guys are too vocal, cocky, over confident, laughing and joking to camouflage your suckiness in hopes that everyone thinks you're better than what you display.  I don't give a crap what your caption says lol.  You try to say you're just messing around to protect yourself from people like us.  The drum room lions.  The infamous dogs.  Yeah, we bite.  That video is like raw steak to us lmbo!  Been hibernating for a while but enough is enough.  For now on, if you jump in that water, you WILL get brewed, boy.

We are here to help musicians of all kinds with any questions or concerns.  We are also here to just listen and watch if you just feel like sharing.  But if your attitude sucks, we will let you have it.  Doesn't matter who you are.  Just check the last list of drummers who were sent to the LGM dog house lololol

OMGEEEEEEE.....lol     Finish Him!!!!!
Do what you do, but do it well!!!

Offline Hotsticks1

• LGM Member
  • Welcome to my world...
    • Myspace

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2010, 04:57:34 PM »
Ya'll some silly guys. Lol. I posted the video as a rough draft A.K.A. "Messing around"...As to get peoples opinions of a concept. It wasn't to say here's the best video ever...But as to say what do ya'll think? Was it churchy? Sure, I wouldn't doubt it...We're all church musicians...Why would I ever be ashamed of that? And I'm not concerned about if Sheen can play better than me...I'm sure he can. Lol. Dude has a few years of experience on me. But it's not about trying to compete with him, cuz at the end of the day...He's still nobody to me except the guy who tells you when your video sucks. Lmbo. He does him, and I do me and Ima continue to do what I have to do to be better. And as far as wanting sympathy...FOR WHAT?!?!?! Lol. I can take constructive criticism...Ain't nothin weak about me...Believe dat homie. That's a large part of what's made me and a lot of you other musicians in here the musicians we are today, having tough  skin and being able to take what's said, and improve. But there's a fine line between that and just being harsh and naive. Everyone keeps pointing out THE TRANSPOSE scene @ 38 seconds...You all will be quite happy to know that the board had been previously left in transpose. He "TRANSPOSED" back to the original key. You guys are terrible...What kind of site is this where we tear each other down??? And if someone says something positive of course Ima take the gratitude...Why would I post a clip and turn down all the positive comments...Who does that? Silly guy...Lmbo.

And to you dude-on-drums.

"Anyway, what does it matter how good I am or what I have or have not done.  This thread is about you and your gang of injured reserve, super cocky and over confident musicians.  You didn't jazz up anything.  You didn't add soul to anything.  All you did was play the "church offering" version of a graduation song, that's only fit for senior clowns at the University of McDonald's.  Then have the nerve to say, "this is how everyone should play this song, and if you can't play it, call us and we'll play it for you."  Wow.  What you really mean to say is, "hey, if you have a keyboard player who can't quite reach that transpose button, call me I'll do it for you."  Clowns."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^That's why it matters how good you are or what you have not done because you're getting on me and some of the cats in my camp about how good we are and what we're doing...Lol. And as far as clowns at the University of McDonalds, dude, you'd be graduating Cum laude. Lmbo

"I don't give a crap what your caption says lol.  You try to say you're just messing around to protect yourself from people like us.  The drum room lions.  The infamous dogs.  Yeah, we bite.  That video is like raw steak to us lmbo!  Been hibernating for a while but enough is enough.  For now on, if you jump in that water, you WILL get brewed, boy."

Protect myself?!?! Bruh you can't serious. You catch a lil' cyber attitude, and I'm protecting myself?! HA!!! Good one. And you bite?!?! Your bark is a lot worse than you bite lil man. You a poodle tryna be a pit bull. So I suggest you chill out and eat your puppy chow. Lmbo

I'd keep up this foolishness with you all. But I'm not going to entertain this anymore. If you like the clip, then you like it...If not, oh well, maybe you'll like the next one.

P.S. DOD don't be late for class  ;)

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2010, 06:02:13 PM »
Ok dude for real I'm over here crackin up lol.  You gotta few good punches in. lmbo @ eat your puppy chow

Offline waydrummer

• LGM Member

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2010, 08:39:12 PM »
I like puppy chow. Especially when its transposed.  :D :D :D ;D ;D

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2010, 10:07:35 PM »
Ummm... the Lounge people are gonna laugh at me because they always joke that I know everybody... but uhhh yeah, who's the guy in the orange sweater? I've definitely seen him before. In fact, his name is on the tip of my tongue.

Are y'all from Montgomery or Birmingham?

Oh, and no comment on the video, but this thread has been truly hilarious.  :-X :D :D :D :D :-X
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

Offline ssabass

• LGM Member

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2010, 11:01:02 PM »
I can tell you cats were just having fun, still sounded pretty good.  But my question is, was that you & your boys on that outro track, because that sounded pretty nice.

Offline Hotsticks1

• LGM Member
  • Welcome to my world...
    • Myspace

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2010, 11:02:01 PM »
At the end of the day...It's all love man. :D We gun get it right next time LGM. That's promise, and DOD you da man yo, I got nun but respect for you dude. Lol. And to LaRue1212 yeah we're from Montgomery. Dude's name on bass is Anthony, AKA bullet.   

Offline Hotsticks1

• LGM Member
  • Welcome to my world...
    • Myspace

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2010, 11:06:10 PM »
I can tell you cats were just having fun, still sounded pretty good.  But my question is, was that you & your boys on that outro track, because that sounded pretty nice.

Nah bro that wasn't us. It's a cat named Joey, and the track is called "My infinity 2000". You can find him on myspace, or else send me your e-mail and I can send you the song...

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2010, 11:18:18 PM »
Yessssss Bullet!!! That's my boo! He's a beast on the bass! LOL. Tell him LaRue said hi and to tell Tristan hi for me too. Love them both to pieces!! Tell them I miss them. :-(
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up