LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: POST YOUR RIGS  (Read 1459 times)

Offline wika2

• LGM Member

POST YOUR RIGS
« on: January 23, 2005, 05:20:52 AM »
In your church, what kind of gear  do you use?  How is it set-up? Pedals or FXer?  Mic'd amp or direct? Post your gear.  Check it out...

My Fender electrics are fed through a Boss pedalboard.  It goes wah pedal, tuner, noise supressor, compressor, EQ, distortion, chorus, delay.  In that order.  I feed that through the front end of a Tech 21 trademark 60,  which goes line direct to the house.

My acoustics plug in to the Cali blonde or a paracoustic DI onstage.  I sometimes use a chorus pedal too.

I wish we could attach pics to our posts so I could see what you all are using in terms of guitar gear.  Well maybe sometime soon.   :D

Offline JayP5150

• LGM Member
    • PEEBSound Guitar Effects

POST YOUR RIGS
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2005, 10:35:46 PM »
Hey,

This was hit in another post.  I think it was called "what's in your rig?"
Check that one out.  

One thing I did not cover there, though, is that I don't mic or d/i, I just turn it up.  We eventually hope to have everything mic's, but right now, it's just the vocals and the keyboard in the PA.

Also, I just started making my own effects a few months ago.  I started a bit of a site at http://www.freewebs.com/jayp5150.  I will post more on there later, but there are some pics (poor-quality--taken with phone), and sound clips, too.  Let me know what you think.

Offline wika2

• LGM Member

POST YOUR RIGS
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2005, 11:46:44 PM »
Wow!!  I don't know anyone that makes his own effects.  That's pretty impressive.  You plan to market it?  Gotta love those fuzz tones... it's got a raw vintage vibe to it.  LOVE IT!!   :D  

Thanks for showing me the post.  I'll have to do a search on it.  Others are still encouraged  to reply if they want.  I'm especially interested in setups in large halls or sancturaries that seat a thousand or more.  Sound quality and mix  seems to be a constant  issue in these types of places.

Offline abelovedson

• LGM Member
    • http://

POST YOUR RIGS
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2005, 03:00:13 AM »
well, my setup goes ~guitars (schecter c-1 classic w/ dual seymour duncan humbuckers , & a strat copy that I made w/ 3 single coils)~which 1st run into an Electro Harmonix Big Muff fuzz pedal, 2nd a Visual Sound Route 66 overdrive/compressor, 3rd a Dunlop Crybaby Classic wah (I used to run into the wah 1st but putting it after the overdrive gives my wah a more vocal sound), 4th a Boss C-1 chorus, 5th a Boss PH-3 phaser, 6th a Boss DD-3 digital delay, & last into a Boss TU-2 tuner~ from my pedalboard I run straight into my amp a Fender Hot Rod Deville 212 w/ another 2x12 extension cabinet. I do mike the main amp about 4 to 6 inches off one of the speakers in the amplifier just so we catch everthing in the mix for the tapes & cd's.....

Offline JayP5150

• LGM Member
    • PEEBSound Guitar Effects

POST YOUR RIGS
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2005, 11:05:17 AM »
Quote from: wika2
Wow!!  I don't know anyone that makes his own effects.  That's pretty impressive.  You plan to market it?  Gotta love those fuzz tones... it's got a raw vintage vibe to it.  LOVE IT!!   :D

Thanks!  Yeah, there are a TON of online resources about this, there are links at my site.  If I can get an original-enough design, I might sell some at my friend's music store, but not right now.  I need a start up of about $200, and I could make about 5 or 6 *good quality* pedals (you know, aluminum boxes, etc--the ones on the site are plastic).

That effect on there is basically a Fuzz Face with a tone knob added on the front end.  Thanks for liking it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up