LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi-Hat Love  (Read 1836 times)

Offline grooveregulator

• LGM Member
    • http://

Hi-Hat Love
« on: January 23, 2005, 01:16:04 AM »
I'm overhaulin my kit and i'm makin the cymbal upgrades right now.  My next upgrade is the hats and im not sure which ones to go with, theres so many options.  I've got it narrowed down between 13'' A mastersounds, 13'' A custom mastersound, 13'' newbeats and 13'' K dark hats.  If anyone has these hats or has played on them, how would you rate them,  I'm sure I can't go wrong with either choice. I've got all zildjians so im tryin to stay in the zildjian family, but im not elergic to sabians, paistes or mienels so all you sabain, paiste, and mienel lovers can hit me up with some recommendations as well.  Ya'll know what type of music I play, straight gospel and r&b.  Holla at me :roll:

Offline CalKel2

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Hi-Hat Love
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2005, 08:34:43 AM »
Well, I have the 13" A Mastersounds. I think they are great cymbals. The only complaint I have is if you play in smaller, quieter venues. They can be a tad too bright for my taste. But make no mistake I would buy them again if I lost the pair that I have now.

Zilpex

Hi-Hat Love
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2005, 09:28:04 AM »
I play both 13" A Custom Mastersounds & 13" K Custom Dark Hats.  They're both good hats. I really like the K Customs, they have a really sweet sound. Sweeter than i thought they would. I have had experiences where 13 A Customs Mastersounds have been too bright for the venue. I also have 12" A Custom mastersounds that rock; although they may get lost if not miked in bigger rooms. I recently played the 13 K's they were pretty good too. Now, my favorite hi hats in my collection are 13" K/Z Dyno combo. These are the most versatile hats I think. You get a really bright defined sound when you use the Z Dyno on top. Then you get a dirtier slushier sound if you use the K on top. You should look at these and take out for a spin. I'm lucky cuz my boy at a local drum shop lets me take the cymbals home and try out for a couple days before I buy them .

Offline dwdrummer

• LGM Member
    • http://

Hi-Hat Love
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2005, 09:37:49 AM »
i agree w/ everything that zilplex said. he was on point w/ all his comments about each of the hats. but i will force the k/z combo they are probably my favorites! 8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up