LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Frugal Guitarist  (Read 1254 times)

Offline funkStrat_97

• LGM Member
  • Da' House Rocka' is in Da' House!
    • Facebook

The Frugal Guitarist
« on: August 04, 2010, 04:00:42 PM »
“Don't bother to give God instructions, just report for duty”
- Corrie Ten Boom

Offline crazyguitardude

• LGM Member

Re: The Frugal Guitarist
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 03:44:37 PM »
Between yesterday and today I think I read most of the site to death. Lots of neat stuff. Definitely not buying the peavey windsor lol.
"Bop it! Flick it! Twist it! Pull it! Spin it! Vom it!!!"

Offline GuitarPlaya2000

• LGM Member
  • Apostolic / Pentecostal Church
    • GuitarPlaya2000

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 03:00:38 PM »
Awesome link, thanks! I totally agree with the article, "5 Skills Every Frugal Guitarist Should Know". I've been playing the electric guitar for 38 years. During my teen years, I was very inquisitive about electronics and mechanical things. I didn't mind changing out my own strings, messing with the saddles, the bridge, whammy bar tension springs, and the tension rod in the neck. By doing the setup myself, I have acquired the skill to do minor "tweaking" of the setup due to environmental changes or the aging of the guitar. At one point, I thought of taking my guitar to a local music store. I went to two smaller private own music stores and one music chain store for an estimated cost for a complete guitar setup. To my surprise the cost averaged between the three shops just under $500!! Needless to say that I just returned home and I started working on my own guitar. I'm think I'm ready to quit my day job and become Eric Clapton's guitar tech! :)
"Praise the LORD with harp: Sing unto him with the psaltery and an instrument of ten strings".

Offline JayP5150

• LGM Member
    • PEEBSound Guitar Effects

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 04:03:34 PM »
Awesome link, thanks! I totally agree with the article, "5 Skills Every Frugal Guitarist Should Know". I've been playing the electric guitar for 38 years. During my teen years, I was very inquisitive about electronics and mechanical things. I didn't mind changing out my own strings, messing with the saddles, the bridge, whammy bar tension springs, and the tension rod in the neck. By doing the setup myself, I have acquired the skill to do minor "tweaking" of the setup due to environmental changes or the aging of the guitar. At one point, I thought of taking my guitar to a local music store. I went to two smaller private own music stores and one music chain store for an estimated cost for a complete guitar setup. To my surprise the cost averaged between the three shops just under $500!! Needless to say that I just returned home and I started working on my own guitar. I'm think I'm ready to quit my day job and become Eric Clapton's guitar tech! :)

WOW  :o

Umm... I just had my Wolf re-crowned and dressed, and setup for less than $100... and my guy charges about $10 per fret on a refret (so, $220, pretty much).

I'm hoping you added a zero on accident lol.
Pages: [1]   Go Up