LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Understanding the Number System  (Read 60404 times)

Offline T-Block

• LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

Re: Understanding the Number System
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2011, 02:06:39 PM »
This stuff can be simple and so deep all at the same time.

EXACTLY!!! I call it complex simplicity, lol.

Feel free to post more stuff on here man. I'm digging what you're bringing to the table.
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

Offline MsHutchison

• LGM Member
    • Monster Musician

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2011, 05:22:15 AM »
thank you again Tblock..you are amazin

charity
www.monstermusician.wordpress.com

Offline phbrown

• LGM Member
  • Google Fiber

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2011, 09:12:13 PM »
this whole time, maybe cause I learned the number system first on a bass, I always thought of the scale degrees inbetween as notes that lead or walk into the musical zip code

Offline T-Block

• LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2011, 03:13:57 PM »
this whole time, maybe cause I learned the number system first on a bass, I always thought of the scale degrees inbetween as notes that lead or walk into the musical zip code

That's exactly what they are man. I'm glad u got that concept. ;) :D

Offline thenewbian

• LGM Member

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2011, 11:18:17 PM »
Man im STILL not understanding this. So...if you can just "skip" the order in the musical zipcode then whats the purpose of having a zipcode in the first place? I don't understand the difference between this method and just choosing bass notes at random

Offline T-Block

• LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2011, 11:47:42 PM »
Man im STILL not understanding this. So...if you can just "skip" the order in the musical zipcode then whats the purpose of having a zipcode in the first place? I don't understand the difference between this method and just choosing bass notes at random

The point is, following this order (guideline) is garaunteed to make your music sound good. You can pick notes at random of you want, but I bet your ear is gonna lead you to some part of a pattern found in the zip code. This way you at least have a way to explain it and play it in other keys.

Just give it some time and it should make sense later.

Offline Sillyie

• LGM Member
  • True You

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2011, 07:23:36 PM »
Hey T-block,

Thank you for all that you do man. You are truly a blessing from God. I have a question from you. I understand the musical code but could you explain a little more on the inversions of chords. I know that in order to learn songs, that I must follow the bass, but my issue comes with what inversion of the chord should I play. One thing that I know is that most of the time the inversion is based on the highest note that they song is playing during that time, but what about those songs that you can play different inversions of the chord at the beginning. I hope that my question makes sense. Keep doing you man, the Lord is in the blessing business!!!

P.S. Thenewbian, I was told that most songs uses the musical code but when most songwriters write songs, the tempo or the speed of the song do not allow you to play all of the zipcode. That is why some of the code is missing, like instead of going 1-4-7-3-6-2-5-1, it may go  1-7-6-2-5-1 or 1-6-2-5-1. but the order of the zipcode remains the same, it just skips some of the notes.

Offline T-Block

• LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2011, 10:42:35 PM »
I have a question from you. I understand the musical code but could you explain a little more on the inversions of chords.

Basically, you can play whatever chord inversion or voicing that you want. There aren't any rules, just whatever sounds good to you at the time. Most of the guys on the CD are in the moment when they play, so some stuff you hear they may never play it like that ever again.

kbraxton3

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2012, 01:10:16 PM »
Ill tell you one thing Sir YOU ARE A BLESSING !!!! MAY HE BLESS YOU AND YOURS 700X7
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up