LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird Songs (or weird lyrics)  (Read 25031 times)

Offline malthumb

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Praise Is What I Do
    • Your Car Does What?!?!?

Re: Weird Songs (or weird lyrics)
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2010, 06:34:04 PM »
Oh, I went to the rock
To hide my face
The rock cried out "No hidin' place!"
Dere's no hidin' place down here
FAITH unites people
RELIGION divides FAITH

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2010, 11:33:22 PM »
OMG VANESSA!!! Why did Apostle Woods sing that song tonight!!! LOL! Wow. :D
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2010, 11:54:45 PM »
Which one?  In the morning?  LOL!  She probably tore it up too... her ol' sangin' tail...

Offline kodacolor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2010, 01:20:08 AM »
Oh, I went to the rock
To hide my face
The rock cried out "No hidin' place!"

:D :D :D

Then just as I said "sshhh"
"it" kid appeared
The worst hide and seek of the year

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2010, 10:26:24 AM »
Which one?  In the morning?  LOL!  She probably tore it up too... her ol' sangin' tail...

Yeah, I never really got why they were always talking about morbid stuff like their tongue clinging to the roof of their mouth (does that even happen when you die?), and cooling boards, winding sheets, and the like... LOL!

That one. I've never heard that song before (or that verse?). She was using it to illustrate a point. By the way, she really did her good preaching last night. My God! The message was "You were born for greater than this" and she set it up by talking about her Baptist roots and how she used to give sermonic solos when her mother was called upon to give a "talk" (because back then, women didn't "preach" they "gave a talk" or "had words" LOL). She said that once she got older, they called on her to "have words" every 5th Sunday... but she knew she was born for greater because it was in her spiritual DNA. She also talked about that DNA thing... whew... your DNA can say that you will be 6'1" but you're not going to be BORN 6'1"... anyway... yeah, she was reminiscing on some of the old Baptist ways that she grew up on and began reciting the lyrics to that song. Kiki knew it, too. She was hollering the words right along with Apostle Woods. Too funny.

Such a coincidence. I'd never heard that song until last night, and then to check LGM and see that you had written the same lyrics? LOL! Wow.
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2010, 10:30:26 AM »
That one. I've never heard that song before (or that verse?). She was using it to illustrate a point. By the way, she really did her good preaching last night. My God! The message was "You were born for greater than this" and she set it up by talking about her Baptist roots and how she used to give sermonic solos when her mother was called upon to give a "talk" (because back then, women didn't "preach" they "gave a talk" or "had words" LOL). She said that once she got older, they called on her to "have words" every 5th Sunday... but she knew she was born for greater because it was in her spiritual DNA. She also talked about that DNA thing... whew... your DNA can say that you will be 6'1" but you're not going to be BORN 6'1"... anyway... yeah, she was reminiscing on some of the old Baptist ways that she grew up on and began reciting the lyrics to that song. Kiki knew it, too. She was hollering the words right along with Apostle Woods. Too funny.

Such a coincidence. I'd never heard that song until last night, and then to check LGM and see that you had written the same lyrics? LOL! Wow.
LOL!!! I think I've heard people quote the song moreso than I may have actually heard the song... That is quite a coincidence, the Apostle and I were with one accord.  Now what did she say about Farmville?  LOL!  If she talked about Farmville, I'm quitting my job and becoming a Master Prophetess, LOL!

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2010, 10:41:29 AM »
LOL!!! I think I've heard people quote the song moreso than I may have actually heard the song... That is quite a coincidence, the Apostle and I were with one accord.  Now what did she say about Farmville?  LOL!  If she talked about Farmville, I'm quitting my job and becoming a Master Prophetess, LOL!

ROFL @ Master Prophetess!!!

Don't quit your job just yet, sis. She didn't mention Farmville at all.  :D :D :D :D :D

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2010, 11:03:55 AM »
ROFL @ Master Prophetess!!!

Don't quit your job just yet, sis. She didn't mention Farmville at all.  :D :D :D :D :D
I couldn't think of a feminine equivalent for "Master" in this sense.  Mistress wouldn't be right, Madam didn't fit... Oh well.  :D :D :D

Offline B3Wannabe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2010, 11:53:09 AM »
My wife said her grandmother used to sing:

Call Him....Call God long-distance on the phone

It's an "In the morning, when I rise" type of song.

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2010, 12:05:33 PM »
My wife said her grandmother used to sing:

It's an "In the morning, when I rise" type of song.

I know that one. Our bishop's wife used to sing it all the time in the middle of a testimony. LOL.

We sang it to the tune of "In the word of God, I got a hiding place..."

Honest to goodness, I truly thought that you could call God on the phone when I was a kid. I figured since L/D was so expensive and rare back then that grown-ups must reserve calls to God for extremely dire emergencies, which explained why I'd never seen my mom or anyone else talking to Him on the phone. Kid you not.

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2010, 12:28:51 PM »
I know that one. Our bishop's wife used to sing it all the time in the middle of a testimony. LOL.

We sang it to the tune of "In the word of God, I got a hiding place..."

Honest to goodness, I truly thought that you could call God on the phone when I was a kid. I figured since L/D was so expensive and rare back then that grown-ups must reserve calls to God for extremely dire emergencies, which explained why I'd never seen my mom or anyone else talking to Him on the phone. Kid you not.
He's on the mainline, just tell him what you want, LOL!

Or I heard my grandma talk about another one that says, "I got a telephone in my bossom (odd, I can't think of how to spell that word)... "

I used to actually picture an old school phone in there. 

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2010, 12:38:33 PM »
one "s".  ;)

And yeah, I remember the telephone in my bosom song! LOL!!!!

Wow @ this thread.

Offline betnich

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2010, 02:14:38 PM »
"Jesus on the mainline" - good song for when somebody's cellphone goes off...

;)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up