LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: fix your CD player  (Read 1471 times)

Offline docjohn

• LGM Member

fix your CD player
« on: August 20, 2010, 10:15:27 AM »
  I don't know if anybody has run into this;I've had a Sony RCD-W3  player-recorder for a few years.I burned all of 3-4 disc's before the recorder stopped working.Since it was out of warranty before I discovered that;I was kind of stuck.

I used the one working A deck as a player,it too stopped working.The problems I had ;skipping,doors would NOT open,no recording,etc., for a start.I was searching on u-tube which had some helpful hints.After paying attention to all the laser warnings,etc.,in taking the top of-the actual drives were held on by several screws with washers.I experimented with tightening these down;and viola!!! the doors opened!

I cleaned the lens with alcohol swabs and a cleaner disc.So far;so good!!! This machine was VERY close a number of times to" sprouting wings",i.e.,flying to the curbside trash.Since I wasn't enamored with the prospects of shelling out any more $$$$$$$$$( I think I paid over $200 buckes few yrs back ) this is definetley a blessing!!!! hope it blesses somebody else!

pz da LORD
Pages: [1]   Go Up