LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: CD / DVD W/ JEREMY WILLIAMS FT. CALVIN RODGERS  (Read 9696 times)

Offline jwilliams_drums

• LGM Member
  • J.Williams
    • Youtube

CD / DVD W/ JEREMY WILLIAMS FT. CALVIN RODGERS
« on: September 05, 2010, 09:25:33 AM »
Hey guys I am currently underconstruction of my new dvd.  I plan on doing some big things with this project.  Everything is tenative right now, but this will happen and here are some clips of what to expect at least on my part! You know Calvin will deliver.

Flashing Lights Kayne West

DAVE WECKL BY JEREMY WILLIAMS

Calvin Rodgers and Jeremy Williams

These are all covers I through together and played over top of in the studio in one or two takes.  Not perfect but it will be by the time this is released.  Enjoy and follow me on twitter! @ jwilliams_drums and hit me up on facebook as well (jeremy williams) thanks guys.
twitter.com/iamjaywilliams
youtube.com/jsmooth33

Offline drumzalicious

• LGM Member
    • Calvin Fenner Website

Re: CD / DVD W/ JEREMY WILLIAMS FT. CALVIN RODGERS
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 01:25:51 AM »
Make sure you look into the legal things involving using these peoples songs for your project.

Offline jwilliams_drums

• LGM Member
  • J.Williams
    • Youtube

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 10:18:39 AM »
obvio...that's y he is going to be on there on "his" songs...more of a preview hat promoted myself if anything and i'm still debating if this is something i even wanna sell.
youtube.com/jsmooth33

Offline j_kay

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 12:22:42 PM »
He's just trying to help.  You'd be surprised that people do not clear the legalities when undergoing projects.
~ This thread is beyond hijacked - it's been kidnapped... ~

Offline jwilliams_drums

• LGM Member
  • J.Williams
    • Youtube

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 05:17:30 PM »
"he's just trying to help"....hahahahah you talking like you just got off the phone wit him lolll ...but anyway I would be responsible for clearing the legalities if I did decide to sell it.  Whatever I can pay for for him to do he would do, and how easy would it be for him to get a track cleared from the artist he's worked with to put on a DVD? I do agree there is a long list of things I would have to cover on my end. It is realistic, but time consuming.  Exposure is all that matter with this project so I may not even sell it.  Still debating. But it can and will be done!
youtube.com/jsmooth33

Offline j_kay

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 06:33:24 PM »
Okay, little boy - I'm only stated that because of your response of "obvio".  You come across as a person that's looking for aggrandizement from others.  You claim that you're trying to get 'friends', bout based on your attitude on here, homeboy, you won't.

If you're trying to come on here to clown me, or the other established members on this board, you better think again.  This aint what you want.  Trust.

Offline JonathanLR

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 07:10:13 PM »
loooooooooooooool

wow

come on j i dont think hes trying to clown anyone

it just came out sounding like that

Jonathan

Offline ainesis

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2010, 07:20:15 PM »
It sure came off that way

Offline j_kay

• LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2010, 07:21:54 PM »
You may be right, but I couldn't tell based on his reply to what I posted.  How else would you take that response?

Exactly, ainesis...  I see that you agree.

Offline JonathanLR

• LGM Member

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2010, 08:19:29 PM »
i would write it off as ignorance

hes not trying to do any harm

but he doesnt understand that you know what your talking about

i wouldnt put him on blast tho, i would ignore it

thats not what this is about, u know that
Jonathan

Offline j_kay

• LGM Member

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2010, 08:28:32 PM »
"You right..."

Offline jwilliams_drums

• LGM Member
  • J.Williams
    • Youtube

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2010, 09:46:04 PM »
Ok there was obviously a misunderstanding on my part by the comment "he's just trying to help". I assumed he were referring to Calvin only doing the project out of pity as if I was some worthless case, that's at least how I took it. I was not at all trying to be spiteful.. but words like "lil boy", "homeboy", and all that is uneccesary and means NOTHING online.  I have been on this site for YEARS and I've noticed that people tend to say things that aren't relevant to anything. EVERYBODY has an opinion and its hilarious because less than 35% of the people on here actually know what they are talking about.  Everybody wants to be a philosopher and give advice, I get that, but wait for the person or persons to ask for it.  Of course legally there would be a lot of stuff I would have to consider when doing this project and trying to sell it thats pretty "obvious".  Another irrelevant comment on the LGM forum, but its cool I wouldn't have cared I just took the comment the wrong way.  My mistake.  As far as making the wrong impression, I will admit to my wrongness but its "obvious" that @j_kay took the situation to another level, but I really could care less. Real talk.
youtube.com/jsmooth33

Offline j_kay

• LGM Member

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2010, 10:43:02 PM »
Ok there was obviously a misunderstanding on my part by the comment "he's just trying to help". I assumed he were referring to Calvin only doing the project out of pity as if I was some worthless case, that's at least how I took it. I was not at all trying to be spiteful.. but words like "lil boy", "homeboy", and all that is uneccesary and means NOTHING online.  I have been on this site for YEARS and I've noticed that people tend to say things that aren't relevant to anything. EVERYBODY has an opinion and its hilarious because less than 35% of the people on here actually know what they are talking about.  Everybody wants to be a philosopher and give advice, I get that, but wait for the person or persons to ask for it.  Of course legally there would be a lot of stuff I would have to consider when doing this project and trying to sell it thats pretty "obvious".  Another irrelevant comment on the LGM forum, but its cool I wouldn't have cared I just took the comment the wrong way.  My mistake.  As far as making the wrong impression, I will admit to my wrongness but its "obvious" that @j_kay took the situation to another level, but I really could care less. Real talk.

How could you make the assumption that I was referring to someone assisting you out of pity as if I was some worthless case if I made a response to your response to drumzalicious?  Follow the discussion, and you'll see that it is clear that there shouldn't have been an inference to what I meant.  I am direct.  I do not have time to make you think to draw one.  Who would sit there and get that after reading my response of

He's just trying to help.  You'd be surprised that people do not clear the legalities when undergoing projects.
after these sentences:

Make sure you look into the legal things involving using these peoples songs for your project.

obvio...that's y he is going to be on there on "his" songs...more of a preview hat promoted myself if anything and i'm still debating if this is something i even wanna sell.

and

My response was created due to your "obvio" reply - the context in which it was used was like, "Duh!".  All he was attempting to do was just help.  There was no malicious motives behind it.

And yes, "...little boy." and "...homeboy" was not necessary, however, it should be noted that...  Wait, you just said online (versus in person)?  Bet that.

And your statement of:

I have been on this site for YEARS and I've noticed that people tend to say things that aren't relevant to anything.

So why haven't we seen any contributions from you, other than this?

http://www.learngospelmusic.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=157646;sa=showPosts

It doesn't look like much of a contribution, if you're stating

people tend to say things that aren't relevant to anything.

What have you contributed that was relevant to anything, other than self promotion videos?

EVERYBODY has an opinion and its hilarious because less than 35% of the people on here actually know what they are talking about.

Yeah, you're right - everyone has an opinion.  That's the beauty of differing thoughts.  As for the 35% that you've quoted, would you care to share the math behind that number, or did you just pull it out of the air, just to sound good?  Again, if you have so much knowledge, please share it.  That's what people come to LGM for, not this:

http://www.learngospelmusic.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=157646;sa=showPosts

Doing self promotion videos with no instruction is not sharing any of the knowledge that you claim to possess - in fact, if we don't know anything (because that self imposed 35% is a low percentage), then why are you here?

Everybody wants to be a philosopher and give advice

You're right about the second part - again, this is why the forum is here.

Notice the 'tone' that you're using when you use the word obvious:

Of course legally there would be a lot of stuff I would have to consider when doing this project and trying to sell it thats pretty "obvious".

Again, the context is like "Duh!"  This is the reason as to why I stated

You'd be surprised that people do not clear the legalities when undergoing projects.

If you recall, there are/were many lawsuits in which artists were sued for not ensuring that the legal hurdles were cleared - should I cite some examples?  As stated before, he was just trying to help.

and for this comment,

j_kay took the situation to another level, but I really could care less. Real talk.

Yes, I did, however, your action caused my reaction.  Had you stated something along the lines of "We've already discussed/handled the legal aspect of using this artist's material for the filming of this DVD, drumzalicious."  It's all how you say things.

but I really could care less.

But you do care a little, because you could have not cared at all - it's one of those many misused phrases.  You should have said, "I really don't care."  It would have carried a little more weight.  And that's real talk.

Offline j_kay

• LGM Member

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2010, 10:57:34 PM »
After washing dishes...

You know what?  I'm done with this, because this is not productive, nor is it conducive to what this site is all about.  I've turned over a new 'e-leaf' on this from back in the earlier LGM days, so I'm not going to revert.

I'm going to extend the olive branch to you, jwilliams_drums, and apologize for any confusion that I may have caused on this topic, and I'm also apologizing to the readers of this message board for seeing what transpired on this thread.

Offline jwilliams155

• LGM Member

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2010, 11:46:06 PM »
Whoaaa @j_Kay you did a lottt on that last post. Like I said in the last post I thought you were referring to Calvin (just tryin to help) not the other user. Like I said I misunderstood the comment and I apologize. You are right the obvious tip was like saying "duh".. Tht was intentionial to get that point across. Whether I was out of line in my approach is still up in the air. But you are right all I really contribute is self promotion videos. Every once in a while I will respond to a post or a question to help someone, but other than that what else do we really see on this site? People posting clips of already established musicians. It's cool but it's alll u really see people promoting people that don't need to be promoted. A couple years ago before the YouTube era it was cool because you could come on here and get audio clips of musicians and stuff that you couldn't get anywhere else. This site is about fellowship and inspiration, I have did so in that people have contacted me on my other sites and I've been able to share more knowledge with them. It's not a beef or a back and forth thing. I acknowledge I was wrong for how I came at you becaus I misunderstood your comment and I apologize to the other user for the obvious tip I came at him on, even though I meant what I said. But all is well. I hope all is well with everybody.
"It Passed Over Me"

Offline jwilliams_drums

• LGM Member
  • J.Williams
    • Youtube

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2010, 12:10:23 PM »
Footage of Dave Weckl Track

Dave Weckl, Calvin Rodgers, Jeremy Williams
youtube.com/jsmooth33

Offline JonathanLR

• LGM Member

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2010, 12:38:48 PM »
is that a 15" studio AAX?

i broke mine  :'(
Jonathan

Offline jwilliams_drums

• LGM Member
  • J.Williams
    • Youtube

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2010, 02:20:25 PM »
@johnathan na its and 18" I learned the hard way as well 15' or 16's aren't made for pounding, but they sound sooo good! 17' is the way to go...i think these have to be special made tho..I'm also falling in love with crash rides as well! Check out the El Sabor Im using in this video...
youtube.com/jsmooth33

Offline j_kay

• LGM Member

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2010, 07:24:43 AM »
That was a good video.  The 17" AAX Sabian Studio Crash is a standard size, and not a special order:

http://sabian.com/EN/products/AAX_Studio_Crash_17_21706X.cfm

Offline drumzalicious

• LGM Member
    • Calvin Fenner Website

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2010, 11:29:36 PM »
yes because obviously if he played on the song that means he owns the rights to the song and can use it whenever he wants because he can "obviously" easily get permission from an artist to use their song for an instructional DVD.

Just like its "obvious" that Dave Weckl will let you use a song he wrote and sold in an instructional book for your own instructional DVD.

Yes.

This is all VERY obvious.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up