LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: CD / DVD W/ JEREMY WILLIAMS FT. CALVIN RODGERS  (Read 9680 times)

Offline jwilliams_drums

• LGM Member
  • J.Williams
    • Youtube

Re: CD / DVD W/ JEREMY WILLIAMS FT. CALVIN RODGERS
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2010, 09:24:51 AM »
Guys, guys, guys, ok I get the fact that I won't be able to use these songs on my own to "sell," and I will have to get copywrites.  I get it.  I've always got it.  Its so many aspects business wise I will have to cover, but for now I'm focusing on my playing and saving! I haven't seen one comment about the video. I've seen bunch of comments about the legality of what I'm doing and how I can't do this or that.  Everybody just take a deep breath! It's ok...I got this..thanks for all your opinons on the legal side, but when I need help on that I will ask.  I mean that in the friendlist, most none confrontationial way.  I don't know everything by any means, and a lot of you guys are very knowledgable, but if this post said 'I want to do a dvd w/ Calvin Rodgers how do I get started?" All the comments would make sense.   
twitter.com/iamjaywilliams
youtube.com/jsmooth33

Offline Jedi3

• LGM Member
  • "Do or do not. There is no try."

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2010, 09:40:12 AM »
Obviously no one has commented on the vids because obviously the vids were really just average.  Obviously, your left hand is weak and your foot is a bit slow.  Plus your pocket in general obviously just sucks.  If you had a DVD out, obviously no one would buy it.  It's good that you are thinking about giving it away. Obviously I'm just kidding though.  There was so much obviousness in this thread, I didn't want to be left out.  I've obviously got too much free time right now.  I should obviously stop typing. 

K Bye.

Offline jwilliams_drums

• LGM Member
  • J.Williams
    • Youtube

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2010, 09:44:21 AM »
Oh and since we like to get technicial on this forum @drumzalicious just because you record or play on a song, does not mean you "own" the song and can use it whenever you want.  The person that played on it still has to get permission to use it ESPECIALLY if he/she is planning on selling a dvd etc.  At a clinic yeah it's ok but you still would tecnically need or want to get permission to play over a song unless you want to play with the drums in it.. I've did numerous studio sessions and I do not own or have access to any "files". You would be surprised how foreign a "private contractor" can be to the artist or producer even if he or she did record drums. If you get "one" check for the session and not annually the legal side was taken care of when you received the check, and you no longer have access to anything without permission.  In other words you don't get royalties for it unless you co-wrote, and you don't own any masters etc...Being a drummer can sometimes mean you are own the low end of the totem pole, but its up to you to decide where you want to be.
youtube.com/jsmooth33

Offline Audiocr381ve

• LGM Member
  • Disgusting Board

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2010, 01:49:25 PM »
Although you have some blind spots with your attitude (blind spot meaning their is an issue there that we can see that you cannot), your playing is fantastic.

Offline geedoub

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2010, 03:49:30 PM »
@Audiocr381ve, Nicely done...

Offline jwilliams155

• LGM Member

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2010, 02:13:40 AM »
OBVIOUSLY this post and forum is displaying me w/ a certain persona that is not me at all. I am not at all trying to be confrontationial (I keep saying that) lol.. @ I forgot who was talking about my left hand and foot.. Haha hilarious! I do have weaknesses in my playing but it's not left hand and foot.. Lol!! 
"It Passed Over Me"

Offline jwilliams_drums

• LGM Member
  • J.Williams
    • Youtube

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2010, 08:32:17 AM »
Jeremy Williams Drums

Latest Stuff
youtube.com/jsmooth33

Offline jhaynes

• LGM Member

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2010, 10:51:02 AM »
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmm not sure what to say! I know this tho, you guys are hilariuos on here  :DLMAO!!!!!!!!! this is toooooo much conversation about the "Obvious" ok now ya'll got me doing it..........but real talk JWilliams you must know everything about what youre going to do before you do it with anything! not just music, because people will eat you alive homie if you're game doesnt match your conversation. i've been critiqued sooo much for my style of play it became my fuel to keep doing it thesame way because, its was working for me and the artist loved it also. So just know opinions are always going to exist and they should because it shows what you're made of and it definitely separates the men from the boy's, the strong or the weak. The fellas were just chiming in to be of help because thats really what this site is for. But i do realize that sometimes we can come accross like we kwow everything and for some of us we do but, never discount a cats advice just because he hasnt done what you think one with the experience can tell you or give advice on. Experience is experience and your post is pretty simple to know that one MUST!! get clearence to do documented music for retail or self promotion, it's not only business its also respect for the artist that toiled and worked tirelessly to create the music we love. So if anything they were simply tring to cover you my man, or atleast make sure you're on top of your game. And yes we all need to study to be more creative and wise about the way we communicate our thoughts with one another, but also work on not reacting before we think. Humility is a practice not a idea. So in this new season of your life and career know going in that you will have to always answer questions from Pro's or Joes because knowledge is not legit just because it came from a pro (or what we think a pro is). Keep playing homie and allow GOD to guide you in which way to go. And if you plan on doing an Instructional DVD have more to say musically then what you've posted because that aint enough, the things youre playing have already been played so, make sure youre being broad in what youre trying to get the world to do or buy into because, youre name will enternally be tied to this project and be among thousands of other drum dvd's that are better, worse, broad, narrow, intense or simple. It will be documented. Stay encouraged fam and keep doin whatcha doin, timing is everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! much love fellas!

Offline DeeMee

• LGM Member

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2010, 12:26:56 PM »
Ladies and gentlemen........Minstrel Jeremy Haynes. Well spoken.

Offline drumzalicious

• LGM Member
    • Calvin Fenner Website

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2010, 09:03:00 PM »
Oh and since we like to get technicial on this forum @drumzalicious just because you record or play on a song, does not mean you "own" the song and can use it whenever you want.  The person that played on it still has to get permission to use it ESPECIALLY if he/she is planning on selling a dvd etc.  At a clinic yeah it's ok but you still would tecnically need or want to get permission to play over a song unless you want to play with the drums in it.. I've did numerous studio sessions and I do not own or have access to any "files". You would be surprised how foreign a "private contractor" can be to the artist or producer even if he or she did record drums. If you get "one" check for the session and not annually the legal side was taken care of when you received the check, and you no longer have access to anything without permission.  In other words you don't get royalties for it unless you co-wrote, and you don't own any masters etc...Being a drummer can sometimes mean you are own the low end of the totem pole, but its up to you to decide where you want to be.

Thats exactly what I was conveying to you but you missed the sarcasm.

Either way man good luck on your project.

Offline diligent-hands

• LGM Member
  • NEW SINGLE (60 SECOND PRAYER)

« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2010, 02:57:10 PM »
i bee gone for almost a year..and i come back to this..lol i love u guys....

Offline jwilliams155

• LGM Member

« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2010, 10:51:33 PM »
Shout out to Jeremy Haynes for responding to this thread. You are one of my biggest musicial influences to date. Definetly a pioneer for gospel music. I hope all is well and thanks for dropping the knowledge. I agree to what you are saying, and just to add on to that there are always going to be people with something negative to say and to keep our sanity we have to know what to take in and what not to. It's impossible to please everybody and I feel like if we take everything in and try to apply it that's what we would be doing. To me creditablity is everything.  Because I am my biggest critic most of the advice or opinons I would get would be areas in my playing I know I need to work on. I don't possess to know everything music is constantly evolving around us and there is not a stopping point to how far you can go on your instrument, but I have to believe that some peoples opinions just aren't relevant. At the same time you are right this is what this site is for and like @j_Kay said a few posts ago, if it's so many misinformed people on this forum how am I contributing to them gaining more knowledge?

I should have been a lot clearer in my posting on these videos. All of these songs will not by any means be on the DVD.. I haven't put together every single detail of what CROD will be playing but what is his will be what he plays. The whole concept is similar to Marcus Williams being featured on John Blackwells DVD... Same formaility.. But anywho I actually have my own stuff w/ artists I've worked with that I could easily clear. I have a lot of knowledge to share but for now just think of these videos and tracks as a mixtape. You don't sell mixtapes, but now you know I can play. The real deal is coming soon. Thanks for all you guys support.
"It Passed Over Me"

Offline diligent-hands

• LGM Member
  • NEW SINGLE (60 SECOND PRAYER)

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2010, 05:47:03 PM »
i seen u did a cover to flashing lights....check this vid of my homie aj and his band doing it live..its kinda hott..around the 2.47 mark..

Soft Sopken Prophet performs "The Process" at Doobie Powell's musical @ AIM 2009
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up