LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New to Gospel church organ asking for prayer.  (Read 1732 times)

Offline zb3

• LGM Member

New to Gospel church organ asking for prayer.
« on: September 13, 2010, 01:48:15 AM »
I am the answer to a year old pastor's prayer for a Hammond player at a small COGIC church in a small town. He wasn't specific in his prayer so he got me. There is not another church with a Hammond player for hundreds of miles that sings gospel that I know of. My only way of hearing other B3 players is the net. I am new to Gospel Hammond organ.

I have played B3 for years in a secular environment (gigging musician).  Although I have played in some churches in that time their style was not mainly gospel.  My secular background was old-school funk, R&B and jazz.  My left hand carried a lot of the bass mixed with the pedals.  I am seeing a lot of church organists on the net use a two-handed church style instead of left hand mainly on the bass so I am working on that. I want to play well for my Lord Jesus and for this sweet church. I am backing the preacher as well as playing songs I have never heard of before in my life. I have rededicated my life to my Lord Jesus and have been cleaning up my life.

I am asking for prayer for God's anointing so I can be a blessing in serving this church and the Lord.  I also ask for prayer that I can learn and know the Gospel songs as well as backing up the preacher and shout music that we do in church and that I can walk an uncompromising Christian life. Thank you for your prayers. I have been redeemed!  God bless, Wayne

Offline SoundofJoy

• LGM Member
  • Play it again Sam
    • Sam's Gospel Music Course

Re: New to Gospel church organ asking for prayer.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 08:48:47 AM »
Welcome to LGM. You're not alone and I have a site you can learn from at www.Samsmuzikco.com .
I love music, any kind of music.

Offline zb3

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 01:51:09 PM »
I have already bookmarked your site.  Thank you!  Wayne

Offline docjohn

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 02:13:55 PM »
welcome wayne;besides Sams' stuff-check out Wheatworks!! Sam + sebastian are da man!

Offline b3wannab

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 02:38:30 PM »
Welcome aboard the Gospel Music Mothership, Wayne!! ;D

I'll be praying for your growth, both musically and spiritually.
I will bless the Lord at all times, and his praise shall continually be in my mouth...

Offline ferrente

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • The Lord Can Do All Things!

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 10:53:49 PM »
Welcome To LGM, zb3  May the Lord Continue to Bless You!
Trust in the Lord and do good so shalt thou dwell in the land and verily thou shalt be fed.

Offline c3hamby

• LGM Member
  • Me after I rode my bike from Austin to Arkansas!

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 10:06:49 AM »
Welcome. I am in the same situation as you, jazz background working on my pedal technique.

Will pray for you, just be sure and pray for me too, and anyone else reading this.

Your left hand bass experience will help you once you get up to speed on your pedal technique.

The left side of the body is all 'wired up' together, so whatever you can play with your left hand you can generally play with your feet. I have found that it is easier for me to learn bass lines in my left hand before I play them on the pedals.

With your experience this may assist you as well.

Thanks for letting me hang with you guys!

Offline FreeSpiritHammond

• LGM Member
  • Be Excellent in EVERYTHING you do!!
    • My Facebook

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2010, 02:50:55 AM »
Prayin for you Doc!! Just keep seeking God and his anointing......AND listen to as much Gospel as Possible lol You'll be fine. :D
I'd rather Die believing in God & find he doesn't exist than Die not believing & find HE DOES EXIST!

Offline docjohn

• LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2010, 08:33:23 AM »
btw u-tube;search Gospel Hammond
Pages: [1]   Go Up