LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need insight  (Read 1019 times)

Offline Revdev

• LGM Member

Need insight
« on: January 31, 2005, 04:02:46 PM »
Hello to all!

How many know that when you are visiting a church and the pastor knows you are musician that you've basically been signed up? LOL!
Such was the case last evening. I wanted to ask for some insight one three things. First of all:
My shout sounds really thin. Granted i felt like the drummer wasn't getting with it last nite but just in generali feel like it lacks some meat. Any suggestions on beefing it up?
second:
Anyone care to share some simple theory for chording you do while the service is lulling or while  people are praying etc.? I often revert to 1 - 4 -5 or do really simple hymns but i want to take it up a notch.
Finally:
How do you feel out a preacher's pattern when you are playing with him. I want to be a help not a hindrance to the service and sometimes it can be hard to judge when to hit and when not to. If anyone can help with one or all of these that would rock. I appreciate all of you. THanks for reading!

Blessings!
Only by His mercy,

Devin S. Ferguson

Offline SammyT

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://Samsmuzikco.com

Need insight
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2005, 05:32:02 PM »
For preaching chord instruction go to my site at www.samsmuzikco.com/preacher.htm
I have written out all the preaching chords in every key and how to use them.

Sam

JoyCH

Need insight
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2005, 07:39:53 PM »
Thanks SammyT that was nice!  :D

Joy

Offline ddw4e

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Just doing what i do! LOL!

Need insight
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2005, 03:16:49 PM »
go here and there are some lessons and videos on it too from some good friends of mine..

http://excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=9796
MERCY EN!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up