LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 70s Song Suggestion-/Book for Music Ministers  (Read 2510 times)

Offline c3hamby

• LGM Member
  • Me after I rode my bike from Austin to Arkansas!

70s Song Suggestion-/Book for Music Ministers
« on: October 25, 2010, 09:46:19 AM »
This Sunday we are having a 70s themed worship.

What is a good popular song from the 70s that older folks would remember from that time?

And....

In a thread I was reading a bunch of people were recommending some really important book that was written for Ministers of Music-the book seemed to be written for music minsters of gospel churches. Our church is planning the next year, and I told my MM about it and he's interested in checking it out.

Thanks!
Thanks for letting me hang with you guys!

Offline betnich

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: 70s Song Suggestion-/Book for Music Ministers
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 12:34:11 PM »
Anything by Andrae Crouch - like "Somebody Told Me", "Soon and very Soon", "Take Me Back", "The Blood will never lose its Power", etc....

Am reading a book called "The Art of Worship", but it seems more for mainstream churches. But try looking on Amazon.com...

http://www.amazon.com/Ministry-Music-Black-Church/dp/0817010572/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1288027910&sr=1-3-fkmr0

Here's another, by Joe Pace...

http://www.amazon.com/Performance-Praise-Joe-Pace/dp/097127018X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1288028195&sr=1-1

Offline OleJ

• LGM Member
  • The Roberta Martin Singers
    • The Golden Era Gospel Blog

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 01:20:49 AM »
"I Don't Feel Noways Tired" by James Cleveland is a good 70s song. In fact, James was a major gospel mainstay during the 70s. Anything from him in the 70s would probably do like "God Has Smiled on Me". Also, the late Albertina Walker wrote and recorded "I've Got a Feeling Everything's Gonna Be Alright" in 1979, and also recorded "Please Be Patient With Me" that same year. Both of Albertina's songs are catchy and upbeat and would probably do nicely.

"God Has Smiled on Me" (1982 version)
*Audio* God Has Smiled On Me-Live: Rev. James Cleveland, The Cleveland Singers & The S.C.C. Choir

"I Don't Feel Noways Tired"
James Cleveland - I Don't Feel No Ways Tired ( 1976 )

"Please Be Patient With Me"
"Please Be Patient With Me" (1979)- Albertina Walker

"I've Got a Feeling"
I've Got A Feeling - Soloist Albertina Walker

God wants Spiritual Fruit, not Religious Nuts. Check out my blog:http://goldeneragospel.blogspot.com

Offline c3hamby

• LGM Member
  • Me after I rode my bike from Austin to Arkansas!

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 09:54:34 AM »
Thanks so much for this information. Couldn't get back out here yesterday. Thanks again!
Thanks for letting me hang with you guys!
Pages: [1]   Go Up