LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Make them a CD..."  (Read 4872 times)

Offline JoanHall

• LGM Member
    • My gospel choir web pages

Re: "Make them a CD..."
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2011, 01:26:16 AM »
Your excerpts should be longer. As a consumer, there's no way I can make a good decision on whether or not to purchase something after 17 seconds.

That's just me.  :-\

Thanks for the feedback, I'll ponder that.

I guess I've been thinking concerning my excerpts that the person listening isn't trying to decide whether or not they like "Total Praise" or whatever other song.  They already know they like the song; they're just trying to decide whether I got the alto part right for practice purposes.

Concerning the use of MIDI, that's cool for practice and all. I just hate MIDI sounds, they sound so cheesy. But, I noticed that you used Finale for your excerpts and such. Do you have instrumental excerpts?

For the most part, I don't sell instrumental tracks, just vocal parts.  On one occasion someone wanted an instrumental track and I got a friend of mine to do one for them (a real audio file, not a MIDI).

Offline JoanHall

• LGM Member
    • My gospel choir web pages

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2011, 01:29:19 AM »
(PS - Good to see you again, JoanHall...)

Good to be back!  I had my account set up to notify me whenever a new topic came up in the forum, but at some point that stopped working and I just got busy and didn't get around to dropping by here!  I need to make this a habit somehow!

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2011, 09:35:24 AM »
Thanks for the feedback, I'll ponder that.

I guess I've been thinking concerning my excerpts that the person listening isn't trying to decide whether or not they like "Total Praise" or whatever other song.  They already know they like the song; they're just trying to decide whether I got the alto part right for practice purposes.

For the most part, I don't sell instrumental tracks, just vocal parts.  On one occasion someone wanted an instrumental track and I got a friend of mine to do one for them (a real audio file, not a MIDI).

Very interesting point.
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up