LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jermaine Griggs, a Millionaire at 23  (Read 4467 times)

Offline under13

• LGM Member

Jermaine Griggs, a Millionaire at 23
« on: March 11, 2011, 12:31:05 AM »
Full Article: http://money.msn.com/investing/how-to-be-a-millionaire-by-age-25-kiplinger.aspx?ocid=glbl

Jermaine Griggs
Jermaine Griggs, now 27, became a millionaire at 23 by pursuing his passion for teaching music. His website, HearAndPlay.com, is designed to help people learn to play piano, guitar or drums by ear, without reading sheet music. More than 2 million students download online lessons each year. Griggs' plans include the launch of brick-and-mortar learning centers, a TV network and a magazine.

His advice for young entrepreneurs: "Understand the power of selling, not just things but yourself and your ideas. Study business. Study those who have come before you and find people with the same dreams and aspirations as you."

I was reading this article about young millionaires and was surprised to see our fellow Musician on the list (you know him from hearandplay.com ) . Its good to see God Bless those who help others (and themselves).

So I did some research and found this interview. Very inspiring and informative for me. Hopefully it will bless  those of you who are ambitious in your careers.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/politickin/2008/02/28/guest-jermaine-griggs-multi-millionaire-entrepreneur

Offline csedwards2

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Find me on the book

Re: Jermaine Griggs, a Millionaire at 23
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 01:43:15 AM »
thats whats up

Offline Fenix

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 03:20:46 AM »
2 million people a year buy his products?  :o

I am impressed and happy for him. I remember the first time i was on the hearandplay website. I was so scared to use my credit card cuz i thought it was some sort of scam. Great stuff!!

This just goes to show how important it is to follow your passion.

I still find it hard to believe he is only 27. Heck he's just one year older than i am. I need to step up my game.
The car, job, house wife/husband are not the reward, God is.

blyempowered

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 03:29:27 AM »
Love it!

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 04:57:18 AM »
2 million people a year buy his products?  :o

I am impressed and happy for him. I remember the first time i was on the hearandplay website. I was so scared to use my credit card cuz i thought it was some sort of scam. Great stuff!!

This just goes to show how important it is to follow your passion.

I still find it hard to believe he is only 27. Heck he's just one year older than i am. I need to step up my game.

Yeah, I never liked the setup of his site. It does indeed look look fishy, but from a marketing standpoint it's very smart. Right before you checkout they make you offers for more products that you just cant refuse. I still don't like shopping like that and I'd be reluctant to have an online store like that, but it obviously works and I got a lot of stuff for a good price.

Offline phbrown

• LGM Member
  • Google Fiber

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 07:46:13 AM »

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 07:48:30 AM »
Yeah, that IS what's up.
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

Offline lordluvr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 07:53:43 AM »
I'm really happy for him.  I remember when he first got started.  I bought one of his products and followed up on his offer to call at any time.  We talked for a while and he shared his ambitions and passion.  We talked a few more times after that, but like I'm known to do, I stopped keeping in touch. 

From the very beginning until now, that cat was very humble and approachable and really does care about the growth of other musicians. As stated before, I'm very happy for him.

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 08:00:23 AM »
I'm very happy for him.
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline Arkhams Finest

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Me and my baby

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2011, 08:49:33 AM »
GK 202 was instrumental in my learning how to play.

Congratulations to him!  Do you know how many people have great ideas every day and just sit on them?  He had a great idea and good execution, so now he's a millionaire.
Now Reading:
Visioneering
Creating Community
(Both by Andy Stanley)

Offline lordluvr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2011, 09:33:40 AM »
GK 202 was instrumental in my learning how to play.

Congratulations to him!  Do you know how many people have great ideas every day and just sit on them?  He had a great idea and good execution, so now he's a millionaire.
Indeed.  Inspirational

blyempowered

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2011, 10:28:41 AM »
That is great! I've never met him but he seems like a very humble and approachable guy. He's preached internationally before as well (don't remember where and his preaching clips are on youtube).

So happy for him!

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2011, 10:31:56 AM »
That is great! I've never met him but he seems like a very humble and approachable guy. He's preached internationally before as well (don't remember where and his preaching clips are on youtube).

So happy for him!

Singapore. I'm watching now. Thanks for the tip.  :)
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

blyempowered

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2011, 10:40:50 AM »
Singapore. I'm watching now. Thanks for the tip.  :)

You're welcome!

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2011, 10:55:54 AM »
Praise God, that's really something!  If you can combine being in the will of God, your passion, helping others, and making money... WHEW!  That is a great combination!  I'd even take three out of four... LOL!

Offline chevonee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Back and better than ever!
    • God's Glory

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2011, 06:17:10 PM »
I actually help sell his products (affiliate)....He blesses all of his affiliates very well. As you can see in my signature I am promoting Mike Bereals dvd set. It's been a blessing to my family and I as we have dealt with health issues.
Strike while the iron is hot!

Offline emusicme28

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2011, 06:57:49 PM »
Very inspirational indeed. Just goes to show how far a great idea, will power and patience can take you. Very motivating.
Defining the heart of a servant through worship.......

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2011, 07:55:35 PM »
I actually help sell his products (affiliate)....He blesses all of his affiliates very well. As you can see in my signature I am promoting Mike Bereals dvd set. It's been a blessing to my family and I as we have dealt with health issues.

I need to look into that again. I'm not crazy about mlm, but it does look interesting. :-\

Offline raegenius

• LGM Member
  • just a pose

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2011, 11:19:49 PM »
I'm really happy for him. Truth be told I learnt to play by stumbling on his site and reading his newsletters for 1 whole year after that it was practice.  His lessons meant alot to me and still greatly influence my playing.

Just listen!

Offline rayjohnson83

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://www.facebook.com/rayjohnson83

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2011, 10:23:52 PM »
YES SIR!!!!! My guy JG....I'm happy for him......feels good to know a millionaire ;D ;D ;D ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up