LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using Mainstage 2 in church  (Read 20645 times)

Offline dReam_fpd

• LGM Member

Using Mainstage 2 in church
« on: March 23, 2011, 12:08:49 AM »
 anyone using mainstagee 2 in church if so, what is your layout, and/or sounds you use the most, and are you using loopback or playback?
im trying to get an idea of what setting and sounds gospel musicians are using in Mainstage 2
i like the  EVP88  (rhodes) and stein grand piano studio( sound is in Logic Pro)
Thanks

Offline dReam_fpd

• LGM Member

Re: Using Mainstage 2 in church
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 11:24:01 PM »
no one use mainstage 2 in Logic Studio for church reasons?

Most of the time, you would see on live recording dvds, the MD either has a laptop in front the keyboard or on the side for easy access. The MD is either running:
--Mainstage
--Logic
--ProTools
--Reasons
to have a backing track for the band or for sounds (buy some living recording dvds, and notice the equipment)

I guess its too expenses, but computerware gives you more sounds... you can have a motif, fantom, and triton all in one keyboard....

---your not stuck with the original preset sounds on your board, you can be creative and make up your own sound also
---dont have to drag a heavy keyboard to your church(if you have one keyboard, but multi- churches to play for, like me), can buy a midi board for 200.00, less or more. Its very light, you can carry it with one hand .
--- Can do backing tracks for songs (record parts of the song that you can not physically play, while playing the core of the song)
--- all you would need on sunday is your laptop...it has everything you need to get the job done.

Laptop software has no limitations... Thats what makes it great, and more and more musicians will start noticing and start doing the same.

Jamal Hartwell has two youtube videos on this:

His Live Setup
Introducing My Live Setup and Equipment

Equipment:
--Motif ES8
--Yamaha EX5
--M Audio 610 firewire audio interface
--MKS-20 sound module
--external harddrive( maybe for sounds on motif or logic recording...i dont know im assuming)
--Macbook Pro for Logic/ Mainstage
** in the video you will hear him say he's loading mainstage

How he makes backing tracks for his church
Playing and Recording Backing Tracks for Live Performance on Apple Logic

Check it out
Thanks...

Offline betnich

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 11:49:28 PM »
I've thought about it, but hesitate at getting the equipment setting it up and the expense....

Offline dReam_fpd

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 12:24:03 AM »
its about the same price as a full keyboard, like the motif es8 or less

Offline ddw4e

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Just doing what i do! LOL!

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 12:17:14 AM »
I use Main stage and Reason for church. I usually layer with my MO or RD700sx. I have use my M-Audio fast track for my audio interface but It has a lot of noise from the amp so I just use my csound card and it does the job for me.
MERCY EN!!

Offline dReam_fpd

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 10:27:27 PM »
ddw4e is that a 24 bit interface? Im about to purchase the M Audio Profire 2626 audio interface. I wondering if I would have the same problem you had?

Offline ddw4e

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 03:30:33 PM »
ddw4e is that a 24 bit interface? Im about to purchase the M Audio Profire 2626 audio interface. I wondering if I would have the same problem you had?
I believe it is but I also have a Mbox as well but I can't play out through my speakers unless I use Protools. I do have a MBOX Pro 2 that can but I don't want to take that out cause it's too big.  I like the Fast Track but I get some crazy noises from it and I just use my sound card from the MacBook.

What if your laptop crashes?
What you mean? Like lose everything? Or for that particular session and it restarts?
MERCY EN!!

Offline tkeys86

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 05:46:04 PM »
I use Mainstage for live performance, but just the sounds, no tracks... Never had any problems ever. No latency, crashes, etc... I just use my built-in output and it works fine. I usually load up 30-40 sounds for live gigs, and it performs like a champ.

Offline Arkhams Finest

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Me and my baby

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2011, 03:26:50 PM »
I run Mainstage 2 on my 2011 Macbook Pro.

I have a piano, piano/strings layer, piano/bass split, Rhodes, and strings in my layout.

I play through my Kurzweil PC161.
Now Reading:
Visioneering
Creating Community
(Both by Andy Stanley)

Offline ddw4e

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2011, 03:55:17 PM »
I just added the MKS sounds last week with the MS setup for a week revival and it took it like nothing!
MERCY EN!!

Offline Kevenje

• LGM Member

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2012, 02:44:44 PM »
I tried using it for the first time last week before I upgraded.   It crashed several times...had no choice but to upgrade to 2.  The only issue I had was not the computer or the MS2.  The sound man....NEEDS TO TURN ME UP!
Pages: [1]   Go Up