LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello from Ireland  (Read 2140 times)

Offline Leonidas

• LGM Member

Hello from Ireland
« on: March 27, 2011, 02:13:10 PM »
Hello Folks
My name is Peter but I go under the name of Leonidas on email.

I stopped playing bass for 30 years (age 58 now) and took it up again 2 years ago. I have taken a much more technical/clinical approach and am better than I was in my youth. By my standards though I am still a baby and have a lot to learn. I love funk and my greatest inspiration is James Jamerson.

I always thought of myself as an agnostic but a few weeks ago two black girls (In Northern Ireland we do not have our share of black people) agreed to audition me for a Gospel band (I am already in a non gospel band). I did not know how good gospel was for a bass player - man it rocks! Also since I met these ladies something inside me is happening. I am much less sure of my agnosticism and all of a sudden feel close to Jesus. This is a first for me and I just hope it continues. It's one of the reasons I have signed up to this site. If you can spare 15 seconds grateful if you could include a prayer for my progress in finding Jesus.
Love
Pete

Offline PianoClubhouse

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Don't talk about it....BE about it!
    • PianoClubhouse.com

Re: Hello from Ireland
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 03:49:48 PM »
Wow, thats an awesome testimony Peter!!! As far as Gospel music is concerned, as you have already found out, the Bass (and drums) typically have the most fun!! You will definitely be in my prayers, and I'm sure the majority of LGM members that read this. See you around my friend, and nice to meet you!

Tj

Offline superjaay

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • The Real Black Power Ranger

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 07:37:16 PM »
Lord, I thank you for our brother Peter. I pray you continue to reveal your glory to him through interactions with your people, and fellowship on this site.
In Jesus name I pray,
Amen
Rest?, Rest when you're dead!!! Right now there's work to be done.

Offline Asahel

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 08:33:24 PM »
Welcome Peter!  Greetings from across the pond in North Florida!

I look forward to hearing more good news about what God is doing in your life.

Asahel
Phillippians 1:6

Offline jeremyr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Callowhill fanatic
    • My Youtube Chanel

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 11:33:29 AM »
Welcome!
Somebody put me in the key of E#

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

Welcome to LGM. :)
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 11:39:30 AM »
Welcome to LGM Leonidas. :)
:)

Offline phbrown

• LGM Member
  • Google Fiber

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 09:54:09 PM »
Glad you found the site! Don't be a stranger keep posting and participating in the conversations

Offline pocham

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 12:13:58 AM »
Welcome Peter, It is amazing the things God uses to draw you close to Him! Find yourself a good bible believing church and surround yourself with other christians cause I've learned you cant do it alone!

Offline malthumb

• LGM Member
  • Praise Is What I Do
    • Your Car Does What?!?!?

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2011, 05:37:08 AM »
Welcome Peter! 

As we pray for your continued growth in the brotherhood of Christ, we also ask that you engage the ministry that is LGM.  Ask us questions about music.  Ask us questions about the faith.  Ask us questions about equipment, ask us questions about Scriptures.  Ask us questions about songs, ask us questions about moral challenges. tell us about your triumphs and accomplishments as you grow in your ministry.

Peace,

James
FAITH unites people
RELIGION divides FAITH

Offline lowlife350

• LGM Member

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2011, 08:47:59 AM »
Welcome Leonidas.  You've found the right place.  Muscially and Spiritually, LGM becomes fam.  I hope to see you around often!

Offline Leonidas

• LGM Member

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2011, 01:14:48 PM »
Thanks guys for all your nice vibes and prayers. I was standing at the foot of the stairs in my house futtering (Irish for doing something of no great importance without success) when I had this thought (I didn't hear a voice) " where have you been brother". I keep having this thought and I asked one of my christian friends if it was just corny - I do have a strong imagination. My friend said it was progress and I am not sure but I hope so. I bought a very, very second hand 5 string today. In the meantime I am going to call it "Thomas" for obvious reasons.
Love
Pete :)

Offline lowlife350

• LGM Member

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2011, 10:44:34 AM »
Hey Leonidas.  I can only tell you what I believe.

The Spirit comes to us in many ways and not always clearly.  I recommend taking some time daily, however much you decide, to be in a quiet place and seek God through prayer and reading of His scripture.  Of course He is and always has been right there, but you have been listening to other influences.

I believe that you will develop your personal relationship and it will become more clear.

Offline Gemini47

• LGM Member

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2011, 02:51:45 PM »
Hello Leonidas and welcome to LGM.  The Holy Spirit does speak and when one listen one will hear. Oh taste and see that the Lord is good. I prayed for your continued thirst and hunger for his word. God bless you.
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.  - Plato -

Offline Torch7

• LGM Member
    • Gospel Bass Guitar Lessons Site

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2011, 11:43:52 AM »
Welcome to LGM Leonidas!
Pages: [1]   Go Up