LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Here's some audio clips of Chevonne playing...LAWD HELP ME JESUS!!  (Read 4966 times)

Offline chevonee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Back and better than ever!
    • God's Glory

http://soundcloud.com/chevonee/chevonees-first-audio-clip
This is my old keyboard so the sound isn't great.
Strike while the iron is hot!

Offline chevonee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • God's Glory

Re: Here's a audio clip of Chevonne playing...LAWD HELP ME JESUS!!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 03:38:55 PM »
I am a bit aggressive I admit that.. I'll work to get better at it though, I just wanted to make a start tho. Thanks for listening and replying it mean a lot.

Offline chevonee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • God's Glory

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 04:34:55 PM »
"Enjoying Jesus" congregational song. Don't laugh at me please just help me improve please... ;D
http://soundcloud.com/chevonee/chevonee-playing-enjoying

Offline berbie

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 05:10:38 PM »
Hi Chev,

I enjoyed your playing as it showed playing skill and had a catchy upliftiing progression and beat.  I didn't like the sound(voice or patch) that much, though, as I like my organ sounds somewhat deeper and maybe fuller(could be my computer speakers).  I could certainly step around to the collection table to that music. 

Offline chevonee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • God's Glory

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 05:15:08 PM »
Hi Chev,

I enjoyed your playing as it showed playing skill and had a catchy upliftiing progression and beat.  I didn't like the sound(voice or patch) that much, though, as I like my organ sounds somewhat deeper and maybe fuller(could be my computer speakers).  I could certainly step around to the collection table to that music.
Thanks Berbie this means a lot to me. I hate that sound too that's not my main keyboard so it does suck...LOL :D :D :D :D

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 06:46:13 PM »
http://soundcloud.com/chevonee/chevonees-first-audio-clip

O.K., first let me say that it's great you're finally coming out of your shell and letting the online world hear u on the keys. This is a big accomplishments, so kudos to you.

I have to say that I love the progression you chose. It's very creative, easy to loop, and definitely has that get-up-and-move feel to it. What I would challenge u to do is re-record this using either a different sound or a lower octave of playing. That screeching organ sound is kinda hard to ignore and really give some accurate feedback, as far as the chords ur playing. I think a piano sound would do nicely, wit a nice bass in the left hand.

I like what I'm hearing so far. Keep up the good work Von Von!!! :D
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

Offline chevonee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • God's Glory

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 07:03:15 PM »
O.K., first let me say that it's great you're finally coming out of your shell and letting the online world hear u on the keys. This is a big accomplishments, so kudos to you.

I have to say that I love the progression you chose. It's very creative, easy to loop, and definitely has that get-up-and-move feel to it. What I would challenge u to do is re-record this using either a different sound or a lower octave of playing. That screeching organ sound is kinda hard to ignore and really give some accurate feedback, as far as the chords ur playing. I think a piano sound would do nicely, wit a nice bass in the left hand.

I like what I'm hearing so far. Keep up the good work Von Von!!! :D
Ok I'm going to do that right now T! Thanks for the help bro!

Offline chevonee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • God's Glory

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 07:20:42 PM »
Re-do... http://soundcloud.com/chevonee/remake-of-chevonee-playing
What I'll do is remake it again on my MO8 when I get a chance. Thanks for all of the comments...they really mean a lot to me. Remain blessed fam!!

Offline apex

• LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 09:17:41 PM »
my main point of interest would be to change the sound.  that first and that will probably make a HUGE difference!!!!!
I'm Blessed To Be A Blessing!!!!!!!!!!

Offline chevonee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • God's Glory

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2011, 12:26:21 AM »
my main point of interest would be to change the sound.  that first and that will probably make a HUGE difference!!!!!
Thanks Apex!!

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2011, 06:09:58 AM »
Re-do... http://soundcloud.com/chevonee/remake-of-chevonee-playing
What I'll do is remake it again on my MO8 when I get a chance. Thanks for all of the comments...they really mean a lot to me. Remain blessed fam!!

Much better. :)

Now, all u need to do is work on making it smoother. Let each chord melt into the next chord like a nice pot of gumbo or chili, lol. It seems like ur hands aren't as together as they should be. It's cool though, that comes with time and more practice. Keep it going Von Von!!!
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

Offline chevonee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • God's Glory

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2011, 03:22:24 PM »
Much better. :)

Now, all u need to do is work on making it smoother. Let each chord melt into the next chord like a nice pot of gumbo or chili, lol. It seems like ur hands aren't as together as they should be. It's cool though, that comes with time and more practice. Keep it going Von Von!!!
Yeah T I was playing panicky...but I'll improve as you've said with time. Thanks so much for your help!

Offline rayjohnson83

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://www.facebook.com/rayjohnson83

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2011, 04:57:08 PM »
I agree with Professor T! sounds great, just work on making the transitions smoother....but ITS ABOUT TIME WE GET TO HEAR VONNE!!!!! Keep it up sis...

Offline chevonee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • God's Glory

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2011, 06:01:15 PM »
I agree with Professor T! sounds great, just work on making the transitions smoother....but ITS ABOUT TIME WE GET TO HEAR VONNE!!!!! Keep it up sis...
It always means a lot to hear a beast like yourself and T comment on my little playing...LOL. Seriously though, I want to play more like you guys which is why I kind of hid my playing. It's easy to be intimidated when you're among professors of the craft.

Offline chevonee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • God's Glory

Offline SoundofJoy

• LGM Member
  • Play it again Sam
    • Sam's Gospel Music Course

Re: Here's some audio clips of Chevonne playing...LAWD HELP ME JESUS!!
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2011, 10:35:17 PM »
If I may offer some suggestions you can add to your chords. A good melody line goes a long way with chord placement.

Hold to His Hand

Lyric:...... Time... is.... filled...with....swift... trans...it.....ion,....naught on earth un moved can stand
melody:...Eb......Eb.....Eb.......C........Bb. ........C......Eb...Eb,......G..........G...G......F...Eb.........G.....Bb

When following a melody line you can picture what chords are availabe to you as the melody progresses. Your chords for the first lyrics were placed correctly until the last lyric.

bass note highlighted / chords:(1) Eb7 = Eb / G Db / G Bb C Eb resolve your chords around this chord then add this transition before "naught" (3)(G / D F / B Eb F G)
.............(6) C min7 = C / Eb C Eb G (naught on earth un..) resolve at "moved" (2) (F / Eb / A D Eb G) un-moved can....to your 5 chord (stand)(5) Bb / D Ab / D G Bb

Try playing the melody line, then add the chords with the meldoy then add your chords like a good stew :) These chords can be added to what you're already playing now.
I love music, any kind of music.

Offline chevonee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • God's Glory

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2011, 11:17:15 PM »
If I may offer some suggestions you can add to your chords. A good melody line goes a long way with chord placement.

Hold to His Hand

Lyric:...... Time... is.... filled...with....swift... trans...it.....ion,....naught on earth un moved can stand
melody:...Eb......Eb.....Eb.......C........Bb. ........C......Eb...Eb,......G..........G...G......F...Eb.........G.....Bb

When following a melody line you can picture what chords are availabe to you as the melody progresses. Your chords for the first lyrics were placed correctly until the last lyric.

bass note highlighted / chords:(1) Eb7 = Eb / G Db / G Bb C Eb resolve your chords around this chord then add this transition before "naught" (3)(G / D F / B Eb F G)
.............(6) C min7 = C / Eb C Eb G (naught on earth un..) resolve at "moved" (2) (F / Eb / A D Eb G) un-moved can....to your 5 chord (stand)(5) Bb / D Ab / D G Bb

Try playing the melody line, then add the chords with the meldoy then add your chords like a good stew :) These chords can be added to what you're already playing now.
I am so honored that you took time to provide these nuggets of wisdom. I will work on this and post another clip. I can't tell you how much this means to me. Which is why I love LGM!! 

Offline rayjohnson83

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2011, 11:31:46 PM »
Now, SOJ...thats the BEAST!!!!!!

Offline chevonee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • God's Glory

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2011, 11:48:39 PM »
Now, SOJ...thats the BEAST!!!!!!
He sure is!! And you know you're beastly too. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I made a huge step by posting these clips because I was paralyzed with fear but now I actually feel much better. I will post a clip of me playing at church with my MO8 and my drummer. So stay tuned. If you want to be the best, you must learn from the best which is why I love this site. Thanks again so much for all of the comments and help you've provided.

Offline rayjohnson83

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2011, 12:06:33 AM »
He sure is!! And you know you're beastly too. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I made a huge step by posting these clips because I was paralyzed with fear but now I actually feel much better. I will post a clip of me playing at church with my MO8 and my drummer. So stay tuned. If you want to be the best, you must learn from the best which is why I love this site. Thanks again so much for all of the comments and help you've provided.

WHATEVA!!!!! @small print lol

Go for it sis. but I do know what you mean about fear.....just take time, and you will be over it

Kirk Franklin - Hello Fear
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up