LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chord Practise  (Read 1725 times)

Offline Blessingss

• LGM Member
  • My Soul seek God's Perfect Will

Chord Practise
« on: May 05, 2011, 02:48:34 AM »
Have some one ever wondered why you were getting stacked in your playing yet having most of the theory behind chords, progressions & the stuff.

Well, a couple of days ago I discovered that I lost a good habit of chord practice that leads to quick recognition of chords no matter where or how they are played, this is a beginner staff anyway-practicing them in all inversions

I'll make an example in the key of C, so you move in half steps with the chords until you reach the next C chord

Major Sevenths 

C-E-G-B,   E-G-B-C,    G-B-C-E,   B-C-E-G

Minor Sevenths

C-Eb-G-Bb,    Eb-G-Bb-C,    G-Bb-C-Eb,    Bb-C-Eb-G

Dominant Sevenths

C-E-G-Bb,    E-G-Bb-C,    G-Bb-C-E,    Bb-C-E-G

Half Diminished

C-Eb-Gb-Bb,    Eb-Gb-Bb-C,    Gb-Bb-C-Eb,    Bb-C-Eb-Gb

I would go on and on with every chord type. As you can see I just made examples with the chords used on the major scale degrees i.e. I-ii-iii-IV-V-vi-vii ;D. Remember to move in half steps to get the chords in every key and you can put this to every practice method e.g. the so called circle of fourths/fifths

The reason I brought this here is that if one doesn't know a chord or its particular inversion, it takes long recognize it in a song or even use it in your playing from progressions.

Pls tel me if it makes sense or not. 

Worship

jammypollok

Re: Chord Practise
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 01:02:18 AM »
You know how to form chords theoretically, but if I ask you to play a D flat diminished seventh in second inversion, do you know how to play it instantly? You like to play from lead sheets or fake books but you need some more chord practise? If not, then this is the program for you! Especially if you don't have anyone to help you practise chords (i.e. they call out a chord and you play it) with.
This Software helps you practise all kind of chords from major to major seventh chords in all their inversions. It even shows the Chord Symbols like you see in fake books.

Offline berbie

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 02:44:17 AM »
Which program are you speaking of, jammy?

Offline Blessingss

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 01:12:36 AM »
Although chords may appear in their pure, simple form, in musical practice the notes of the chord are frequently arranged in a wide variety of manners, depending on the style and effect the composer intends.

can you give me some few examples of progressions that you've got :)
Worship

Offline T-Block

• LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 04:11:35 PM »
Hey Blessingss, usually when you see posts like that that have the links at the bottom, they are spammers. I doubt you're gonna get any help from them, lol.
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

Offline Blessingss

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 01:22:28 AM »
Hey Blessingss, usually when you see posts like that that have the links at the bottom, they are spammers. I doubt you're gonna get any help from them, lol.

Thank you T for letting me know for letting me know, I had no clue about that though they are questionable coz of their strange language first of all.
Worship

Offline T-Block

• LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 11:59:37 AM »
Thank you T for letting me know for letting me know, I had no clue about that though they are questionable coz of their strange language first of all.

Exactly. It's like they talk from the matrix or something. We ain't got time for all them big words metaphors.
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!
Pages: [1]   Go Up