LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: For those who've lost their mothers  (Read 2121 times)

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

For those who've lost their mothers
« on: May 06, 2011, 06:02:37 AM »
Please join me in prayer for those who have lost their mothers or never knew their mothers or are estranged from their mothers as we approach this Mother's Day Weekend.

I started writing a list of people to remember and I have nearly 50 names just off the top of my head. I'm so saddened by it, but the Bible says that those who mourn will be comforted and that He gives us a garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness.

Please pray with me for all those missing their moms this weekend.
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

Tiptip357

Re: For those who've lost their mothers
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 02:55:56 PM »
Amen.  Will do...

I will also like to add to the list, the mothers who have lost a child. (One of the mothers of our church lost her son yesterday and it made me think of the mothers I know who have lost a child)

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 04:52:10 PM »
Oooh so sorry to hear about your church sister, Tip. Wow. Yes, I'll definitely be praying for the mothers who have lost their child(ren).
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 09:35:03 AM »
Also praying for those women who are trying to get pregnant. One of the sisters from my church is very discouraged after trying for 3 years unsuccessfully. I have 2 friends who are in the same situation. Today is a rough day for them all. Let's keep them in prayer, please.

Offline chevonee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Back and better than ever!
    • God's Glory

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 05:12:48 PM »
Will do Rue!! Thank God I'm no longer estranged from my mom...prayer changes things.
Strike while the iron is hot!

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 10:41:43 AM »
I'm just seeing this, but this was good.  People say you can't miss what you never had, but I miss my birth mother dearly especially around Mother's Day.  But I'm grateful for my stepmother and both my grandmothers and numerous Aunts who helped fill that place in my life.  I was especially touched remembering my grandmothers this weekend.

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 03:25:28 PM »
I'm just seeing this, but this was good.  People say you can't miss what you never had, but I miss my birth mother dearly especially around Mother's Day.  But I'm grateful for my stepmother and both my grandmothers and numerous Aunts who helped fill that place in my life.  I was especially touched remembering my grandmothers this weekend.

You were on my list, Nessa.

I know that feeling first hand, and I'll never forget hearing my (step)father tell my mother that I couldn't possibly miss my father because I never knew him. My biological father died when I was young, so I really don't remember him. But there are so many occasions, holidays, and just ordinary days where I miss him so much it pains me to exist.

Mother's Day (and other holidays) can be hard on a number of people, as Tip and the sister from my church helped me to realize.
Pages: [1]   Go Up