LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestions for Future Books  (Read 42157 times)

Offline under13

• LGM Member

Re: Suggestions for Future Books
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2011, 10:39:18 AM »

it is a short book, read it in one night but still profound

I gotta get that. Its in my amazon cart, along with 50 other books that I dont have money for. lol

I think it would be cool to do Rich Dad Poor Dad. There was a lot of stuff I agreed with, and some I didnt, but it really changed the way I thought about money and my career.

http://www.amazon.com/Rich-Dad-Poor-Money--That-Miniature/dp/0762434279/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1306424234&sr=8-1

Offline phbrown

• LGM Member
  • Google Fiber

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2011, 10:56:53 AM »
U13?

Are you in the USA? can you just go to the public library? If you get it I'll read it with you. A coworker of mine has the book so maybe I can borrow it from him.

gotta keep my expenses down no point in buying a book I'm only going to read once or twice.

blyempowered

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2011, 10:58:21 AM »
I gotta get that. Its in my amazon cart, along with 50 other books that I dont have money for. lol

I think it would be cool to do Rich Dad Poor Dad. There was a lot of stuff I agreed with, and some I didnt, but it really changed the way I thought about money and my career.

http://www.amazon.com/Rich-Dad-Poor-Money--That-Miniature/dp/0762434279/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1306424234&sr=8-1

Of the books you've recommended (and the ones you haven't), which one or two got you to see some things (like your belief that when people don't succeed they don't have anyone to blame but themselves) from that particular perspective?

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2011, 02:06:37 PM »
U13?

Are you in the USA? can you just go to the public library? If you get it I'll read it with you. A coworker of mine has the book so maybe I can borrow it from him.

gotta keep my expenses down no point in buying a book I'm only going to read once or twice.

I can send you RDPD on pdf, but any library should have it. Its been out for a long time. I think it would be really good for you since you always have good ideas about products and stuff. Its well worth the $5.

Of the books you've recommended (and the ones you haven't), which one or two got you to see some things (like your belief that when people don't succeed they don't have anyone to blame but themselves) from that particular perspective?

The Bible is one. http://www.squidoo.com/biblescripturesaboutmoney

I think if you follow those verses, there is almost no way you wont be financially successful.

As for other books on the subject, I like The Millionaire Next Door, as it shows you that its not 100% about how much you make, but its about how much you save as well as other things.  That really changed the way I thought about being wealthy. That would probably be too boring to discuss here.

I'm reading a couple of others, but the common theme is determination, not giving up, giving back and thinking positively. If you don't think that you can accomplish your goals, then dont be surprised when you never accomplish anything.

Offline phbrown

• LGM Member
  • Google Fiber

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2011, 03:37:55 PM »

I can send you RDPD on pdf, but any library should have it. Its been out for a long time. I think it would be really good for you since you always have good ideas about products and stuff. Its well worth the $5.

thank you for the offer but I already read it and it had a profound impact on how I make money decisions. Reason why I purchased my used car and brought my house off the foreclosure market. And made sure that my house has a way to earn money (it has a separate guest house that I may or may not rent out in the future).

Great book!

btw got a nother idea ... I need to post in the main lounge to get some feedback ;D

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2011, 04:24:32 PM »
Cool! So is the guest house your dog house? :D

Looking forward to hearing your other idea.

Offline lordluvr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2011, 05:00:18 PM »

Looking forward to hearing your other idea.
:D

Offline phbrown

• LGM Member
  • Google Fiber

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2011, 08:32:58 AM »

ROFL!!! sssshhh don't tell her she hasn't thought about it yet LOL

Offline JustBritt

• LGM Member
  • *Sigh*

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2011, 11:14:56 AM »
Well, I'm getting ready to read about book, "How to study the Bible for Yourself". I found it on the bookshelf.
~Moving Forward~

blyempowered

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2011, 04:14:22 PM »
Can someone list that book TJ was talking about? Also, Britt how are you doing with the book you was starting to read?

Offline JustBritt

• LGM Member
  • *Sigh*

« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2011, 07:31:07 PM »
Can someone list that book TJ was talking about? Also, Britt how are you doing with the book you was starting to read?

Huh?! Whachu talkin bout?!  ?/?

I'm kidding. I'm on chapter.........umm.......4?! Yeah, 4.
~Moving Forward~

blyempowered

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2011, 07:33:36 PM »
Huh?! Whachu talkin bout?!  ?/?

I'm kidding. I'm on chapter.........umm.......4?! Yeah, 4.

Cool!

Offline JustBritt

• LGM Member
  • *Sigh*

« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2011, 11:32:46 AM »
This really isn't a suggestion, but there was this book I was reading a few months ago called 1st Lady by Carl Webber.

It's not exactly a "christian" book, lol but it was a good read and very entertaining.

Anyways, it was about a Pastor who's wife had died. After she died sooo many women starting coming to church throwing themselves at him. Inviting him to their house for dinner etc.

That book was SSOOOOO realistic, I wanted to choke somebody! It showed how much church women gossip, and it showed how much church people are so quick to judge someone rather then show them love.

One particular part though, the pastor was helping his friend who had been struggling with crack. He moved her into his house. So the woman he chose to be in a relationship (who is dying to be the 1st lady) with was jealous and called the lady a crack head, said she smelled bad and everything. She even brought crack to the house when the Pastor wasn't there. She knew the Pastor would kick her out if he had seen her with it.

Anyways, that was a pretty good read!  ;D
~Moving Forward~

Offline JustBritt

• LGM Member
  • *Sigh*

« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2011, 02:03:19 PM »
I love his books. I believe I've read just about all of them.
~Moving Forward~

Offline MissMusic04

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2011, 02:57:25 PM »
I read 1st Lady. Definitely a good read. I LOVE Carl Weber.

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2011, 02:59:13 PM »
We can start a discussion thread if there are any parts or themes y'all wanna talk about.

I read so many novels that I really would have to skim through it again to remember what happened in it, but I'm willing.
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2011, 03:00:39 PM »
I read his book called The Preacher's son and it was really good,  but I havent read first lady

Offline JustBritt

• LGM Member
  • *Sigh*

« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2011, 03:05:28 PM »
I think I read preachers son. I can't remember.
~Moving Forward~

Offline MissMusic04

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2011, 03:06:35 PM »
I read his book called The Preacher's son and it was really good,  but I havent read first lady

Read that one too. I LOVED it!

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2011, 03:06:57 PM »
I've only read two churchy books. The second one ruined me. I don't know if it was poorly written, redundant, or just seemed unrealistic, but I swore off churchy books after that one. It wasn't by Carl Weber, though. It was a woman. I don't remember the details, but it left a bad taste in my mouth about churchy novels.
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up