LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Healing Scriptures  (Read 2263 times)

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

Healing Scriptures
« on: May 27, 2011, 08:19:53 AM »
Since many of our prayer requests are for those who are sick or otherwise in need of healing, I thought it might be helpful to list some healing scriptures to pray/declare/meditate upon. Not only is it good to pray the scriptures, but it also helps to build our faith. An acquaintance of mine did her MD thesis (or whatever it's called) on faith and medicine. Many studies have shown that those who have faith are more likely to be healed, recuperate faster, and recover from cancer and other fatal diseases. Plus, faith pleases God.

So... with that in mind, if you have any faith and healing scriptures, please do post them to encourage those that are praying for healing for themselves or someone else.
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

Offline betnich

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: Healing Scriptures
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 01:41:51 PM »
The Lord recently impressed Malachi 4:2 on me -

New Living Translation (©2007)
"But for you who fear my name, the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing in his wings. And you will go free, leaping with joy like calves let out to pasture.

got this from -  http://biblos.com/

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 02:37:14 PM »
Oooh, that's a good one, Betnich. I'm gonna have to add that one to my own list. :)

Here are some on my list.

He personally bore our sins in His [own] body on the tree [as on an altar and offered Himself on it], that we might die (cease to exist) to sin and live to righteousness. By His wounds you have been healed. I Peter 2:24

Saying, If you will diligently hearken to the voice of the Lord your God and will do what is right in His sight, and will listen to and obey His commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases upon you which I brought upon the Egyptians, for I am the Lord Who heals you. Exodus 15:26

You shall serve the Lord your God; He shall bless your bread and water, and I will take sickness from your midst. Exodus 23:25

But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our guilt and iniquities; the chastisement [needful to obtain] peace and well-being for us was upon Him, and with the stripes [that wounded] Him we are healed and made whole. Isaiah 53:5

But no weapon that is formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue that shall rise against you in judgment you shall show to be in the wrong. This [peace, righteousness, security, triumph over opposition] is the heritage of the servants of the Lord [those in whom the ideal Servant of the Lord is reproduced]; this is the righteousness or the vindication which they obtain from Me [this is that which I impart to them as their justification], says the Lord. Isaiah 54:17

Then shall your light break forth like the morning, and your healing (your restoration and the power of a new life) shall spring forth speedily; your righteousness (your rightness, your justice, and your right relationship with God) shall go before you [conducting you to peace and prosperity], and the glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard. Isaiah 58:8
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 08:35:04 AM »
Psalm 107:20
He sends forth His word and heals them and rescues them from the pit and destruction.

Psalm 103:2-3
Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgives all thine iniquities; who heals all thy diseases;

Proverbs 16:24
Pleasant words are as a honeycomb, sweet to the mind and healing to the body.

Psalm 118:17
I shall not die but live, and shall declare the works and recount the illustrious acts of the Lord.

Psalm 147:3
He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds [curing their pains and their sorrows].

Proverbs 17:22
A happy heart is good medicine and a cheerful mind works healing, but a broken spirit dries up the bones.

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 08:42:39 AM »
Matthew 8:17
And thus He fulfilled what was spoken by the prophet Isaiah, He Himself took [in order to carry away] our weaknesses and infirmities and bore away our diseases.

III John 1:2
Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in every way and [that your body] may keep well, even as [I know] your soul keeps well and prospers.

Mark 16:17-18
And these attesting signs will accompany those who believe: in My name they will... lay their hands on the sick, and they will get well.

James 5:13-16
Is anyone among you afflicted (ill-treated, suffering evil)? He should pray. Is anyone glad at heart? He should sing praise [to God]. Is anyone among you sick? He should call in the church elders (the spiritual guides). And they should pray over him, anointing him with oil in the Lord's name.

And the prayer [that is] of faith will save him who is sick, and the Lord will restore him; and if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.

Confess to one another therefore your faults (your slips, your false steps, your offenses, your sins) and pray [also] for one another, that you may be healed and restored [to a spiritual tone of mind and heart]. The earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available [dynamic in its working].

Matthew 8:13
...Go; it shall be done for you as you have believed. And the servant boy was restored to health at that very moment.

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 12:44:13 PM »
Bump

Offline Hasmonean1

• LGM Member
    • HVAC International Parts

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 09:55:05 AM »
TIREDNESS -INFIRMITIES-WEAKNESS

ISAIAH 40:29  "He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength".

ROMANS 8:26 "Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities:.........

PSALMS 138:7 " Though I walk in the midst of trouble thou wilt revive me: thou shalt stretch forth thine hand ... and thy right hand shall save me"

Offline betnich

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2011, 10:31:41 AM »
Good Scriptures...thanks.

Offline phbrown

• LGM Member
  • Google Fiber

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2011, 04:06:47 AM »
bumping this to keep it at the top

Offline Hasmonean1

• LGM Member
    • HVAC International Parts

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2011, 04:54:47 PM »
Arthritis

Job 3:3-4
3 Behold, thou hast instructed many, and thou hast strengthened the weak hands.

4 Thy words have upholden him that was falling, and thou hast strengthened the feeble knees.

Proverbs 16:24

24 Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

Hebrews 12:12-13

12 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;

13 And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.

Psalm 6:2

2 Have mercy upon me, O LORD; for I am weak: O LORD, heal me; for my bones are vexed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up