LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What kinda of Ear Protection do you use?  (Read 2560 times)

Offline lowlife350

• LGM Member

Re: What kinda of Ear Protection do you use?
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2011, 01:13:30 PM »
I picked up a couple of set of customs with 15db cut and 25 db cut.  I am hoping to get some of the conical musician ones to keep in my bag.

Surprisingly, now that I have found protection that is comfortable and cuts frequencies pretty evenly, it is actually a more enjoyable experience playing with them than without them.  I almost hear the instruments better and more distintcly because much of the background noise is filtered out.

Offline Gemini47

• LGM Member

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2011, 03:18:02 PM »
Folks, hearing protection is THAT important.  Please, please, please, protect your hearing!

A couple of months ago i played in a three piece band comprised of a keyboardist, drummer and me on bass. There was no drum shield and the drummer played everything LOUD. When we first started playing together i was placed next to the drummer which reek havoc on my ears. I began to arrive early to setup away from the drummer.

I now play with a different group but the same three piece setup. We are in the process of purchasing a drum shield and sit far away from the drummer. My concern now is that i am seated next to two 100 watt speakers that are being used by the keyboardist. After reading Asahel's information i will be purchasing some sort of hearing protection this weekend. I will no longer risk my hearing. Thanks guys for the information.
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.  - Plato -

Offline phbrown

• LGM Member
  • Google Fiber

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2011, 03:53:19 PM »
i think I'm going to have to get something, I just realized that during normal conversations I tend to ask people to repeat themselves :(

Offline Asahel

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2011, 04:47:47 PM »
i think I'm going to have to get something, I just realized that during normal conversations I tend to ask people to repeat themselves :(

I'd schedule an appointment with a reputable audiologist (ensure they are licensed!; better yet, get someone with a doctorate and that works at a successful practice or hospital) and get an audio test.  That will tell you for sure.
Phillippians 1:6

Offline phbrown

• LGM Member
  • Google Fiber

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2011, 06:46:42 AM »
I'd schedule an appointment with a reputable audiologist (ensure they are licensed!; better yet, get someone with a doctorate and that works at a successful practice or hospital) and get an audio test.  That will tell you for sure.

will do
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up