LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: lightweight compact bass cab  (Read 604 times)

Offline Abass6string

• LGM Member

lightweight compact bass cab
« on: June 28, 2011, 06:11:47 PM »
Im in need of a lightweight compact but powerful bass cab to use at my church mind u its a c.o.g.i.c church u fellow bass players know its got to cut thru and without p.a. support so im def gonna need a standalone bass cab what do u guys recommend?

Offline phbrown

• LGM Member
  • Google Fiber

Re: lightweight compact bass cab
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 12:16:23 PM »
budget?

define light?

The AX410 link only weighs 64lbs...

you could try something like this

so i've noticed that there are a lot of loudspeakers used in live sound settings that are made of polypropylene (a type of plastic polymer), the ones i often see being from JBL or Peavey. So has anyone played bass through one of these? Does the material make much of a difference on sound?

As we all know, those MDF cabs are heavy as heck. So I had the idea about using one when I was fixing on of the JBLs we have at my church and then again when me and my brother took the powered set of JBLs that we have and used them to do sound for an outdoor event.

So Im in GC (randomly looking for reasons to pull this pretty card they gave me out of my wallet lol) and i come across this bad boy

Now a 15" speaker you can grab with one hand and walk around as if it was the little practice amp in your room?  And although not totally rectangular, not that much bigger than my current travel right thats a 12", but much lighter. How could i NOT consider this as a viable way to improve my travel rig? at around $200 for the 15" (and $170 for the 12") if the speaker was cheap i could replace it with a neo bass speaker, but even if i got a regular bass speaker, eliminating so much of the weight from the cab itself will still have me coming out much lighter.

What are u guys take on this?

Offline floaded27

• LGM Member
    • MySpace Profile

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 04:22:28 PM »
phbrown, thats STILL my travel rig. lightweight, but it does justice!! i mean, of course all the crazy 4x10 or 2x12 cabs would probably sound better, but they're not portable. there's like a balance you have to achieve. you have to sacrifice something for the other. but all in all, that cab with a travel head works.

also i've found those tc electronic cabs to be kinda on the light side. travel friendly, but cost a pretty penny.
For my God... let "Golden Axe" prevail.

Offline superjaay

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • The Real Black Power Ranger

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 09:53:50 AM »
GK 115 NEO combo!! It's only like 30 lbs, and it sounds great if you oget a good one. i had to send one back to MF. It was DOA.
Rest?, Rest when you're dead!!! Right now there's work to be done.

Offline phbrown

• LGM Member
  • Google Fiber

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 12:29:53 PM »
i forgot about that, the cab itself is normally light its the speaker that ways soo much lol
Pages: [1]   Go Up