LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eb Preacher Chords  (Read 5438 times)

Eb Preacher Chords
« on: February 08, 2005, 11:30:19 PM »
The pastor that I play for is primarily in Eb so here are a few chords that I use:

Runs: Eb, C# Bb, A, Ab, F#

Chords: Foot pedal/left hand/right hand

Eb/Eb/F#ACEb
Eb/Eb/GBbCEb or Eb/F#Bb/C#FAb
G/Eb/GBbCEb
Ab/CEbF#/F#BbCEb
A/Eb/F#ACEb
Bb/AbD/F#BbC#

OR IF YOU WANT SOMETHING EXTRA:

Ab/CEbF#/F#BbCEb
F#/EBb/EbAbC
F/Eb/F#ACEb
E/AbD/F#BbC#
Eb/Eb/F#ACEb
Eb/Eb/GBbCEb

THIS IS MY FIRST CHORD POST SO TELL ME HOW IT SOUNDS

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

Thanks...
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2005, 09:35:39 AM »
Thanks xljiccfa. :D
:)

Offline cakinbro

• LGM Member

nice....
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2005, 08:10:41 PM »
That's not bad at all. Nice chords, I'll add them to my collection, lol

cakinbro
Learn every chord and scale with both hands....it will pay off in the long run!!!

Offline Freddy229

• LGM Member
    • http://

Eb Preacher Chords
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2005, 12:59:07 AM »
Something that I find pretty interesting when 'whoopin' behind a preacher is playing(yes playing!) musical games with him/her! At the iv chord Ab, I play the v chord of the key a whole step down. Here's the configuration:

Ab/ GbBbDbEbF

Now for the fat cats that play with two hands:
Ab/ GbAbBbDb/GbBbDbF

The sound is definitely something you've heard b4! Try it in each key, it'll stretch your brain a little bit!

Eb Preacher Chords
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2005, 02:38:08 AM »
I just realize that I do the same thing, Freddy.  It's a real nice chord, and the fact that you reminded me of it, brings up another thing.

The chord that Freddy is referring to is a tight chord.  But, what I do to make my minister of music sick is I just simply play a flatted third in the bass note.  I'll use Freddy's chords to tell you what I mean.

Ab/ GbAbBbDb/GbBbDbF

As Freddy has stated before, this is a nice chord.  All I do is change the bass note to a flatted third of the root key.

B/GbAbBbDb/GbBbDbF

Then from there I'll continue the preacher progression.

I've always believed that the most important thing to any chord is the bottom and I like to give a shout out to all the bass players out there that allows a keyboardist or an organist to sound as if they're playing by themself.

CATRON

Eb Preacher Chords
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2005, 06:24:34 PM »
Some I learn from a good friend of mine is, to never ever under-estimate the power of a preacher. Because, no matter how long you've been playing with a preacher or how well you know his preaching style. He could alwayz go into a different direction meaning, he could change keys, go into a mind/spirit of worship, or jsut retire his sermone to a close. Even though if you KNOW you preacher extremly well very rarly would he perform one of these actions without you noticing it you still can mingle around. But what I really came on here to say was that excellent series of chords for repeated expression/phrases for ex: (god is Joy, Peace, Happiness etc.) is after every capital word I just wrote in the example is to pull an 4th chord and invert it every time his says the pharse.
For example in Eb minor:
For the first pharse, play an A bass, a F#,A,C,Eb on the left-hand, a A,C,Eb,F#,A on the right hand. For the next pharse play a (bass/left-hand/right-hand)
C/A,C,Eb,F#/C,Eb,F#,A,C. The next pharse just keep inverting the chords a 4th note up. I know the chords are a bit elementery but if was an simple example. If you don't do this
i hope it helps.

HOLLA

Eb Preacher Chords
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2005, 09:56:05 AM »
I'm going to try the 4th chord inversion.  I think the chords aren't elementary at all.

As for the preacher, he's thrown me before.  He's gone to E natural and sometimes he's dropped to C#.  Usually, the person that throws me for a loop-D-loop is my M.O.M.  He asks me to play songs I've NEVER heard of.

Offline key-wiz

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • "KW"
    • http://www.learngospelmusic.com

Eb Preacher Chords
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2005, 03:19:30 PM »
Hey Try This; After You Have Done The 1 Then You Go To 4 Do This EveryBody Will Flip

Arr. By "Key-Wiz"

Example  "Eb"

Bp/Lh/Rh

1....Eb/AdCC#F/AbCEb

2....Ab/F#BbCEb/F#BbC#

Flip Mode

D/F#BC/EAbB

C#/F#BC#/EbF#B

F/EbAbA/EbFAbC#

Bb/DAb/C#F#Bb

Then Back To The 1

This is a series if you want more let me know God Bless :wink: