LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha trb6pii bass  (Read 3377 times)

Offline Abass6string

• LGM Member

Yamaha trb6pii bass
« on: July 05, 2011, 08:22:30 PM »
I wanna upgrade the pickups on this bass to bartonlini pickups do any of u bass players had this same experience? got a great deal on this bass its in mint condition japan made also with the piezo pickup do any of u know which style pickup would best fit i measured 130-132mm for lenght and around 35mm width i would really appreciate all of ur help finding the best fit for this bass i dont wanna order and then realize its not the right fit thxs!!

Offline ssabass

• LGM Member

Re: Yamaha trb6pii bass
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 08:48:58 PM »
A friend of mine has this bass & he dropped in a set of Barts. He just called Bartolini & he just bought the ones they recommened. He also put in a Bart pre amp & man that bass sounds sweet.

Offline Abass6string

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 08:15:55 PM »
K thxs im having some bart pu's being put in 2morrow and i cant wait. In the meantime i noticed this bass cutting out when i pop on the d string especially this is weid i never had this problem with my other basses this happens when the treble is maxed out on the bass and it has made my amp go into protection mode ive experimented with this issue and again it only happens when i turn the treble all the way to max this bass also has a peizo pu and i played around with the peizo even all the way off and it still shorts out when the treble on the bass is up around 75 percent and bass players have any suggestions or have experienced this same issue.

Offline ssabass

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 08:54:34 PM »
I'll ask my friend & I'll get back to ya.

Offline Abass6string

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 10:05:44 AM »
Can someone recommend me some bass guitar strings for this bass as it a 35 inch lenght not 34 inch. I dont wanna buy strings and they would be a short lenght and a very tight fit that would put alot of tension on the neck. And secondly can someone recommend a great padded bass guitar strap!!

Offline floaded27

• LGM Member
    • MySpace Profile

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 12:56:00 PM »
Can someone recommend me some bass guitar strings for this bass as it a 35 inch lenght not 34 inch. I dont wanna buy strings and they would be a short lenght and a very tight fit that would put alot of tension on the neck. And secondly can someone recommend a great padded bass guitar strap!!

All my basses are 35" except for my Fender. Every set of strings i've ever bought have come with plenty of slack, and the excess often has to be cut because it all cant wind around the tuning peg. i dont think you should have a problem with this.
For my God... let "Golden Axe" prevail.

Offline sixstringpoet

• LGM Member
  • keep sound wisdom and discretion: Proverbs 3:21
    • 6stringpoet

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 02:20:49 PM »
For the strap, i use comfort strapp, http://comfortstrapp.com/ . I believe a lot of bassists on this forum use them also.

Offline ssabass

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 04:43:49 PM »
Dean Markley SR2000, medium lights.  Those are the strings my friend uses & man they sound good.

Offline sixstringpoet

• LGM Member
  • keep sound wisdom and discretion: Proverbs 3:21
    • 6stringpoet

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2011, 05:11:47 PM »
Dean Markley SR2000, medium lights.  Those are the strings my friend uses & man they sound good.

Those are my favorite strings, i just use the "will lee" gauge.

Offline stratlover

• LGM Member

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2011, 11:01:08 PM »
What's up, Ken Smith!

The tone on the new bass is BANANAS!!! It's nice on the eyes too!   :o
I'm praying that you get all that you need for successful playability in your ministry. God bless, my friend......Now back to planet guitar! LOL!     ;D

Offline Abass6string

• LGM Member

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2011, 04:34:36 PM »
Hey thxs stratlover I'm really digging the tone of this yamaha so many different tones I can get out of this bass. And as always its a pleasure playing u with and I know in God's own time ur playing and ur creativity will go to even higher heights stay encouraged grace and peace!!!!!

Offline stratlover

• LGM Member

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2011, 11:36:49 PM »
Thanks for the kind words, Ken Smith.

I enjoyed you this week in the Convocation. God really used you.  ;)

Offline Abass6string

• LGM Member

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2011, 04:58:49 AM »
Hey thxs stratlover!! To God be the glory!! Yeah great Holy Covocation great singing and the preached word each night have a blessed day stratlover!!!

Offline mjl422

• LGM Member

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2011, 10:17:36 AM »
Any updates on the replacement pups for the Yamaha?  I just picked up a TRB6II and I'm thinking about swapping the pups out.  I'm definately changing the preamp but, still up in the air about the pups.

Offline phbrown

• LGM Member
  • Google Fiber

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2011, 11:59:23 PM »
Any updates on the replacement pups for the Yamaha?  I just picked up a TRB6II and I'm thinking about swapping the pups out.  I'm definately changing the preamp but, still up in the air about the pups.

man where did you find one? I can't even find one to play to see if I like it :(

Offline mjl422

• LGM Member

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2011, 09:16:34 AM »
man where did you find one? I can't even find one to play to see if I like it :(

It popped up at the Guitar Center in Towson MD.   I wasn't really looking for one.  I was looking for a redwood Peavey Cirrus 6 or a MTD KZ6.
There is a 30 day return policy on it (I still have about 17 days) so, I decided to buy it and figure out whether or not I want to keep it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up