LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mid-Year Evaluations  (Read 1098 times)

Offline jgause2

• LGM Member

Mid-Year Evaluations
« on: July 30, 2011, 10:50:47 AM »
We're going through mid-year performance evaluations at the job...so somehow the other day, my mind got on the topic of mid-year evaluations of our music ministry dept.  Thus leading to this question:

As a leader, do you set expectations for yourself and the music dept on an annual basis,  as far as what you want to accomplish, musical growth of the ministry, spiritual growth of the ministry, etc.?   If so, what are some examples?  If not, then I'm just curious as to why?
The only place where "success" comes before "work" is in the dictionary

Offline Poet_fo_life

• LGM Member

Re: Mid-Year Evaluations
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 06:16:46 PM »
As a MOM, it most certainly is your duty to do so.  You must know when your tools are becoming dull, thus needing to be sharpened.  If you do not evaluate, you will not know one way or the other.  We are called to a special ministry, a language of being universal, I said that to say this, it is important to maintain a spirit excellence.

1. Effectiveness
2. Sharpness/quality
3. Standards
4. communication
5. Always, Always, Always, make a note of how far you as a group, or body have come.

Your only as strong as your weakest link, only through constant evaluation, will you discover where your efforts are most deserved.. Gud luck and God bless. I hope I was able to shed some light on the matter...
leadtoserve

Offline melodic_keyz

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 10:44:16 AM »
We're going through mid-year performance evaluations at the job...so somehow the other day, my mind got on the topic of mid-year evaluations of our music ministry dept.  Thus leading to this question:

As a leader, do you set expectations for yourself and the music dept on an annual basis,  as far as what you want to accomplish, musical growth of the ministry, spiritual growth of the ministry, etc.?   If so, what are some examples?  If not, then I'm just curious as to why?

I do.  It started when I had to pesent a business/music ministry outline for our church business meeting.  From that, I had to state purpose, expalin the vision, list goals & objectives, etc.  To give you a better description, here is a sample found online http://www.earnestandroline.com/Article/MMHandbook.pdf

Base you evaluations off of the rules/ ministry plan that you vreate.  Hope this helps.

Offline melodic_keyz

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 10:46:40 AM »
I do.  It started when I had to pesent a business/music ministry outline for our church business meeting.  From that, I had to state purpose, expalin the vision, list goals & objectives, etc.  To give you a better description, here is a sample found online http://www.earnestandroline.com/Article/MMHandbook.pdf

Base you evaluations off of the rules/ ministry plan that you create.  Hope this helps.

*Corrected*

Offline musallio

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Merry Christmas to you :-)
    • Hear & Play page

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 02:31:09 PM »
We set goals.
The key ones are documented, others are communicated verbally every now and again so that people are constantly working towards a common vision.

So we try as best as we can to adhere to what Poet_fo_life shared.
Powered & Sponsored by Jesus Christ...
Pages: [1]   Go Up