LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: MID AUGUST/MID SEPTEMBER SELECTION....The Book of Proverbs  (Read 51367 times)

blyempowered

Re: MID AUGUST/MID SEPTEMBER SELECTION....The Book of Proverbs
« Reply #140 on: September 19, 2011, 10:53:51 PM »
Proverbs 19

Hasmonean1 has done a wonderful job dealing with the implications of the poor as it relates to Proverbs 19. The biggest thing I'll say is that in the Christian faith we've got to stop embracing this idea that being poor is somehow suppose to be full of stigmas. I mean of course people are in poverty for many reasons but God has a heart for those who are poor (for whatever reason) and we should have that same heart God has.

Now to discuss a few other verses.

-19:3 "People ruin their lives by their own foolishness and then are angry at the Lord." It's funny to me how you have some people who get in certain situations of their own doing and then when it doesn't go well they blame God and everyone else instead of taking responsibility for their own actions. Even though God is sovereign there are some situations that we just put ourselves in.

-19:8 "To acquire wisdom is to love oneself; people who cherish understanding will prosper." This is very interesting. The verse connects our passion for wisdom with our self-worth. In other words, if we have a proper view of who we are then we will be hungry for wisdom, understanding and knowledge. That's something I really didn't think about but it also makes me more hungry for God's Word and everyday wisdom. Lord allow me to see my worth not just in how I treat myself (physically, etc.), but also in my desire for Your wisdom and knowledge.

19:11 "Sensible people control their temper; they earn respect by overlooking wrongs." Wow! I'm learning this a lot right now. Sometimes we get in unnecessary arguments and confusions because of our tempers. Some of us are so willing to have our "say so" in something that it causes more harm than good. There are times when being quiet is the best solution to some problems. Sometimes it's best to overlook some things. For many of us that's hard because many of us have been taught to have an opinion about the things we believe. We've been taught that we should not let things go over us, but there are times when that is necessary in order to keep our sanity.

19:18 "Discipline your children while there is hope. Otherwise you will ruin their lives." I think it was Frederick Douglas who talked about it's better to build up children than repair adults. That statement is so true. Children should be disciplined because once they become an adult it's hard to change them. I'm learning this right now. I'm very concerned that many adults today are who they are because of a lack of discipline and foundational teaching/guidance in their childhood. It is much easier to lead a child in the right direction than a 60 year old person that is basically stuck in their ways. We must take seriously the responsibility of disciplining our children. What happens in childhood can have a huge a(e)ffect upon the child's future as far as attitude and overall being is concerned.

19:21 "You can make many plans, but the Lord's purpose will prevail." I like this verse because it shows how powerful our God is. It doesn't matter what we do, God will allow His purpose to succeed. Nothing can stop it, not even the devil. This is also a warning to us that we should be willing to yield to the direction of God in our lives, because if not God will still get His purpose accomplished. Let's just make it easy by doing what He wants us to do.

Prayer of Application: Give us a heart oh Lord, a heart for wisdom, understanding and the poor. Allow us not to see the poor as problems but as opportunities for ministry and healing. I pray You allow us to see ourselves in light of how you see us so that we may be open to all wisdom and understanding in order to live successful lives. No matter what happens, we pray that Your will be done in our lives. We submit to you, in Jesus name, amen!

Offline Hasmonean1

• LGM Member
    • HVAC International Parts

« Reply #141 on: September 19, 2011, 11:26:49 PM »
Proverbs 19

19:11 "Sensible people control their temper; they earn respect by overlooking wrongs." Wow! I'm learning this a lot right now. Sometimes we get in unnecessary arguments and confusions because of our tempers. Some of us are so willing to have our "say so" in something that it causes more harm than good. There are times when being quiet is the best solution to some problems. Sometimes it's best to overlook some things. For many of us that's hard because many of us have been taught to have an opinion about the things we believe. We've been taught that we should not let things go over us, but there are times when that is necessary in order to keep our sanity.

Amen.  This can be applied in many cases related to this forum.

19:18 "Discipline your children while there is hope. Otherwise you will ruin their lives." I think it was Frederick Douglas who talked about it's better to build up children than repair adults.
I love this quote and will be using it.

blyempowered

« Reply #142 on: September 19, 2011, 11:28:31 PM »

Amen.  This can be applied in many cases related to this forum.

Yes sir!

Offline Hasmonean1

• LGM Member

« Reply #143 on: September 20, 2011, 12:21:46 AM »
Chapter 20

7 The just man walketh in his integrity: his children are blessed after him.

10 Divers weights, and divers measures, both of them are alike abomination to the LORD.

13 Love not sleep, lest thou come to poverty; open thine eyes, and thou shalt be satisfied with bread.

14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.

17 Bread of deceit is sweet to a man; but afterwards his mouth shall be filled with gravel.

21 An inheritance may be gotten hastily at the beginning; but the end thereof shall not be blessed.

23 Divers weights are an abomination unto the LORD; and a false balance is not good.

The above scriptures reveal the characteristics of deceit or the nature of deceit contrasted with that of integrity.  Of course those with integrity will be highly regarded by the Lord and reap many of the benefits or blessings that have been promised.  Sad enough though it seems that integrity is becoming more of a rare thing in our society.  Doing things the right way often takes a back seat to getting quick and profitable results.  The BP oil spill and the housing crisis are recent witnesses to that.  We have in many cases moved from work hard, to work smarter, to get it done by any means necessary.  Well there are consequences when integrity is not practiced.  The Word lets us know even though a person may think they are getting over on another person, there will be consequences to their deceit.  The eyes of the Lord are indeed everywhere and will give unto every man or woman a just recompense of reward.  These scriptures reminds us that those who sow the seeds of deceit will reap the fruit of deceit down the line.  It becomes so dangerous that the deception will back splash upon such a person causing them to deceive themselves.  The warning of Galatians 6:7 (Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.) tries to make us all aware of what is to come.  Galatians 6:8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
    Contrary to the deceiver, the man of integrity has his needs met.  He wakes up early in the morning and is diligent about his work.  He works as unto the Lord.  The work of his hands are blessed so much so that whatsoever he touches prospers in a great way.  This is the Child of God who gets on a job, is there for a short time, and straightway begins to obtain advancement.  A person of integrity easily stands out among those who don't care for nothing and is quickly noticed by the powers that be.  Integrity is one the lights that shineth in the darkness.  It dwells among the darkness and the darkness comprehends it not.  Darkness and deception would like to overtake it but there is no resistance meet enough to overtake it.  Therefore we must ever be the children of integrity in whatsoever we put our hands to that our God might get the glory through us.  In Jesus Name

Offline phbrown

• LGM Member
  • Google Fiber

« Reply #144 on: September 20, 2011, 02:00:01 PM »
:( i am not consistent at all :(

Chapter 20:

I keep reading verse 5 ... but I'm not certain I'm getting this right. Please correct my errors

Okay, when I first read the verse in the New King James Version. I felt it was saying

The heart is like a well a very deep well. And a man knowing he wants the best cold water will get the water deepest in the well. It takes more work but it is worth it. As such that is how counsel is....

But then I read the message version cause the above was too wordy

"Knowing what is right is like deep water in the heart;
   a wise person draws from the well within."

I guess I'm stuck because I do not understand the concept of deep water in a well.

*just did a little research*

I know the difference between a shallow aquifer and a deep aquifer. Is that what deep water means? That even during a drought or heavy usage there will still be plenty of water?

So the shallow well is on the left. And during hard times you can run out of water, the deep well is on the right and during hard times will not run out of water.

If counsel, or knowing what is right, is like deep water, than a wise man will build a deep well to draw it out?

Would the act of building the well be the same as getting wisdom and understanding?

By getting wisdom and understanding you have the tools to know what is right and what is wrong. ...

Or did I miss the boat?

Offline Hasmonean1

• LGM Member

« Reply #145 on: September 20, 2011, 03:07:41 PM »
I love the illustrations Brother Phbrown.  It's a very good touch when it comes to comprehending things.  I found this for you in reference to the scripture. 
Though many capable of giving wise counsel are silent, yet something may be drawn from them, which will reward those who obtain it.

Essentially, save a man or woman knows the source or has an illustration such as yours, one may not be able to determine by looking on the outside what lies deep in the heart of a wise man or fool.  If one knows the source though, a wise person will ask questions and probe another wise person to pull out the hidden wisdom that lies deep within.

blyempowered

« Reply #146 on: September 20, 2011, 10:27:13 PM »
I want to go back and mention a quote related to poverty (in light of what we discussed the other day): “Cut concern for the poor out of the Bible, and you cut the heart out of it. God makes the poor his priority. When the hungry pray, he listens. When orphans cry, he sees.”

Proverbs 20

In light of the Troy Davis situation, I want to do an overall assessment based on the following verses:

-20:8 "When a king sits in judgment, he weighs all the evidence, distinguishing the bad from the good."
-20:10 "False weights and unequal measures--the Lord detests double standards of every kind."
-20:22 "Don't say, 'I will get even for this wrong.' Wait for the Lord to handle the matter."
-20:23 "The Lord detests double standards; he is not pleased by dishonest scales.

It is sad to me that we will live in a country that would rather go ahead and kill someone versus having some compassion to weigh whatever evidence is there (if any). I mean you have a case in which 7 of 9 "witnesses" have taken back their testimony, but yet Davis deserves death. It is highly possible that tomorrow our country will be the site of a killing of an innocent person. Our country is so inconsistent and it's not even funny. This is one of the reasons why I have mixed feelings on the death penalty. We'd rather go ahead and take life rather than doing all we can to have pure evidence and absolutely no doubt! We only get one shot at life and unless something happens, Troy Davis' shot at life will be done. This is sad and I think the scriptures are very relevant in this situation.

Prayer of Application: Lord we pray for Troy Davis. Lord you know best and we pray that your sovereign will be done in such a horrifying situation. We trust you and realize that no matter what happens you are still the sovereign God that bigger than any problem that we face. We pray for the families of both Troy and the one that was killed. We pray for healing and strength for both families. We pray that you will allow us to live lives in which we are as consistent as we can be so that everyone has a fair chance at life, liberty and joy in you, in Jesus name, amen!

blyempowered

« Reply #147 on: September 20, 2011, 10:55:47 PM »
Btw, that quote on the Bible and poverty is from Max Lucado and his book "OutLive Your Life."

Offline betnich

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #148 on: September 20, 2011, 11:01:19 PM »
Here In CA we have the man who got the death penalty reinstated in 1978 now pleading to reverse it - apparently because of the cost...

http://www.dailynews.com/opinions/ci_18919370

blyempowered

« Reply #149 on: September 20, 2011, 11:10:36 PM »
Here In CA we have the man who got the death penalty reinstated in 1978 now pleading to reverse it - apparently because of the cost...

http://www.dailynews.com/opinions/ci_18919370

Oh my....SMH!

Offline Hasmonean1

• LGM Member

« Reply #150 on: September 21, 2011, 06:08:26 AM »
Proverbs 21

Psalms 93:4-5 The LORD on high is mightier than the noise of many waters, yea, than the mighty waves of the sea. Thy testimonies are very sure: holiness becometh thine house, O LORD, for ever.  There is indeed an expectation for those who abide in the House of the Lord.  One such expectation is that holiness should be reflected in our body.  One of the things I noticed in chapter 21 was holiness and righteousness as it is shown in our body parts. VS 4 An high look, and a proud heart, and the plowing of the wicked, is sin.  The character and nature of a man is revealed through his proud look and treatment of other people.  The wickedness here projects itself from the very face of a person.  The evil eye becomes a darkness that lies within.  Luke 11:34-35 (amp) Your eye is the lamp of your body; when your eye ([p]your conscience) is sound and fulfilling its office, your whole body is full of light; but when it is not sound and is not fulfilling its office, your body is full of darkness. Be careful, therefore, that the light that is in you is not darkness.
     The lying tongue of vs 6 becomes a plague and vexation of the spirit to the one that exercises it in such a manner.  They seem to get away with deceiving others and swindling their way to wealth but there's an uneasiness of spirit that will keep them on edge and trusting practically no one due to nature of their own dealings.  Our tongue is called to be holy.
     In vs 10 evil is seen in the eyes of a wicked person.  One can even perceive no goodness at the look of such a person.  They desire evil when they wake and searches for it.  They take pleasure in having a hand in it.  "You up to no good, I see it in your eyes", a statement heard of mothers to children quite often and sometimes from wives to husbands.  There is a look that gives away the spirit of a person.  People should look upon us and see love and compassion in our eyes so much so that there is no doubt that God heads our life.
     In verse 13 a warning goes out to us about stopping our ears to them in need.  The cry of a person in need goes out frequently.  Will we be the ones to attend to their need when we are able to do so?  People have need things from time to time.  I could be a kind word, money, or just attention among other things.  We are called to attentive to the needs of others notwithstanding we find ourselves in great need down the line.  We must also keep our eyes on the prize lest we wonder off into an undesirable place (vs 16).
vs 23 The mouth and tongue, small members of the body that can cause great blessings or curses to come forth.  Controlling the tongue has been emphasized before as being vital to living this life as it should be.  Lord help us keep our tongues holy IN Jesus Name.
   My observation ends similar to where it began. vs 29 (amp) A wicked man puts on the bold, unfeeling face [of guilt], but as for the upright, he considers, directs, and establishes his way [with the confidence of integrity].  In the King James Version the face is hardened.  It literally draws up just to contain the evil that is within.   Man can truly hide that which is in the heart for the heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked.  Yet even the heart must be holy because the Lord will judge the heart and try the reins of all.  Out of the abundance of the heart will proceed a reflected spirit through our members.  Our every member is called to be Holy.  Lord give us a clean heart, that we might serve thee and be holy as you are holy, following peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord.

Fred Hammond - Give Me A Clean Heart

Offline phbrown

• LGM Member
  • Google Fiber

« Reply #151 on: September 21, 2011, 09:02:24 AM »

Prayer of Application: Lord we pray for Troy Davis. Lord you know best and we pray that your sovereign will be done in such a horrifying situation. We trust you and realize that no matter what happens you are still the sovereign God that bigger than any problem that we face. We pray for the families of both Troy and the one that was killed. We pray for healing and strength for both families. We pray that you will allow us to live lives in which we are as consistent as we can be so that everyone has a fair chance at life, liberty and joy in you, in Jesus name, amen!

Amen

Offline phbrown

• LGM Member
  • Google Fiber

« Reply #152 on: September 21, 2011, 09:04:10 AM »
And thank you Brother Hasmonean1, for that quote concerning the verse. It makes sense not sure If i completely understand but I get the gist of the matter

Offline phbrown

• LGM Member
  • Google Fiber

« Reply #153 on: September 21, 2011, 09:10:49 AM »
on bible gateway in the footnotes there was the following:

Proverbs 21:6 Septuagint reads Pursue vanity on the snares of death; Vulgate reads Is vain and foolish, and shall stumble on the snares of death; Targum reads They shall be destroyed, and they shall fall who seek death.

Is the Septuagint, Vulgate and the Targum the original documents that the bible as we know it today is translated from?

Offline phbrown

• LGM Member
  • Google Fiber

« Reply #154 on: September 21, 2011, 09:32:45 AM »
on bible gateway in the footnotes there was the following:

Proverbs 21:6 Septuagint reads Pursue vanity on the snares of death; Vulgate reads Is vain and foolish, and shall stumble on the snares of death; Targum reads They shall be destroyed, and they shall fall who seek death.

Is the Septuagint, Vulgate and the Targum the original documents that the bible as we know it today is translated from?

never mind, I found the answer on wikipedia ... interesting stuff

Sort of makes me look back and think about the dangers of taking the bible that has been translated into english word for word...Seeing that the bible

blyempowered

« Reply #155 on: September 21, 2011, 11:09:34 PM »
Proverbs 21

To be perfectly honest, my emotions are very (I don't know what word to use).....and I think I just want to focus again on justice in light of everything that has taken place.

-21:3 "The Lord is more pleased when we do what is right and just than when we offer him sacrifices."

-21:15 "Justice is a joy to the godly, but it terrifies evildoers."

I just want to say that our nation preaches justice but actually supports injustice. However we are so adamant to continue to have the title as a Christian nation. Let's just stop with this and realize that we are a nation full of secular humanism, individualism and greed. Enough is enough!

Prayer of Application: Lord, we have witnessed the execution of a potentially innocent person. Lord we repent for claiming your name in theory but in practice totally denying you. We pray for a true revival in our nation that will bring us to Your face and principles. We thank you for the life, labor and now legacy of Troy Davis. May his death not be in vain. We speak healing to both families and all those affected by this situation, amen!

Offline Hasmonean1

• LGM Member

« Reply #156 on: September 22, 2011, 05:55:44 AM »
Proverbs 22

vs 1 A GOOD name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold.  The reputation of a person supercedes wealth.  With a good reputation also comes favor and I heard somebody say at one time that "favor aint fair".  Things seem to go your way when you are found in the favor of God.  The world knows you are a child of the King and to be in your presence could mean blessings for them as well.  It should also be noted that a person in favor will also be rebuked and corrected quickly as well.  Only those that are not his can do wrong consistently and seemingly get away with it.  Let one of us do wrong and the hammer comes down right away.  Thank you Lord for keeping us straight for a greater end.

vs 3 A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished.
This verse reminds me of yesterday when I was on my way to pick up my daughter from day care.  There's a little section of road that passes by this Elementary School and has the 25 mph speed limit.  The police are alwyas somewhere hiding on that strip every day.  I quite naturally obey the limit but on yesterday I say this young person flying through there blindly and unaware of the danger to come.  In addition, their beat up car did not have a tag.  Sure enough the police had stopped them and no doubt there is going to be a hefty price to pay for their foolishness.  Often times the very ones who can't afford the tickets put them selves in jeopardy.

vs 13 The slothful man saith, There is a lion without, I shall be slain in the streets.
The lazy man here makes up excuses to avoid working or doing his duty.  He remains in his place in fear of an imaginary danger.  The true danger oddly enough lies very close to him for it is a spirit that will devour him and cause destruction his life if doesn't turn from his wicked ways.

It's interesting that the tone of chapter 22 changes from verse 17 through 29.  Within these verses there is a connection and continuity of thought.  This type of flow is what we observed in chapters 1 through 10.  The writer is reconfirming the sound instruction that has been given.  Honesty, integrity and fair dealing with others are reitterated here.  Sound judgement should always be practiced in every day business.  Integrity is once again stressed in vs 28 Remove not the ancient landmark, which thy fathers have set. This warning is about extending property lines illegally as stated in Deuteronomy 19:14. Thou shalt not remove thy neighbour's landmark, which they of old time have set in thine inheritance, which thou shalt inherit in the land that the LORD thy God giveth thee to possess it.
To sum it all up. Do right and right will follow you.

blyempowered

« Reply #157 on: September 22, 2011, 10:57:44 PM »
Proverbs 22

-22:2 "The rich and poor have this common: The Lord made them both." This verse is very important. Too many times we treat the rich as if they are more important than the poor. At the end of the day, God created both the rich and the poor and both should be treated with dignity and respect. As a society we have to do a better job treating everyone with dignity and respect regardless of socioeconomic status.

-22:6 "Direct your children (It's "train up a child in the KJV) onto the right path, and when they are older, they will not leave it." This verse shows the importance of us raising our children right. When we train our children right, they have a great foundation as they grow up. One of the reasons why so many of our children are headed in a bad path is because they did not have a great foundation. Remember, it's much harder to convince an adult to go in the right way than a child. Children deserve to be given the proper teachings and foundation so that they can grow up and be the best they can be. It is important that parents take their roles seriously, especially in this day and age.

22:9 "Blessed are those who are generous, because they feed the poor." I love this verse because it equates being blessed not so much by what we receive but by what we give. Again, we have turned Christianity into a lottery jackpot to see who can get the most out of God. What are we doing to make a difference in the lives of others? How much does the church value service vs praise breaks just to celebrate me, myself and I? We are blessed when we think of others more than ourselves. I truly believe that if we do our part to serve, then everything will work out for us.

Prayer of Application: Lord, we repent tonight for supporting ideas that worry more about our consumption than our gratitude to others. Lord we pray that Your spirit will fill us daily so that we can live our your principles. We want to be like you Jesus in every aspect of our lives. Tonight Lord we commit to being givers realizing that as we seek your righteousness you will take care of us, amen!

Disclaimer: This is becoming challenging (reading a chapter every night) but I must preserve because I want to saturate myself in the Word of God! I refuse to be an illiterate Christian! 

Offline Hasmonean1

• LGM Member

« Reply #158 on: September 23, 2011, 06:35:41 AM »
Proverbs 23

Praise the Lord.  There are a few things that stood out to me here in this chapter.  In verses 6-8 the father brings to the attention of his son the insincerity that lies in the heart of men.  Often times a person will seem to be inviting but yet their heart is far from it.  Many of us have been in situations where someone would offer food or other things of their possession.  Something inside us compels us not to accept, whether it be an attempt not to appear greedy or an unsettled feel to the offer.  Personally I've gotten this feeling more times when I hear the phrase, "have some".   It may just be me, but it doesn't always sound that inviting to me.  In the Word, it says that a person will offer food but actually have an evil eye.  This person is a miser and one who hates to share deep down inside.  He will have contempt for you upon every bite if you accept his offer.  Don't do it.

In verses 15, 16, and 24 great joy is taken upon a child that heeds the instruction and wisdom conveyed to them.  The heart of a parent is truly blessed when that parent can see that child mature in spirit, live a righteous life, and bless others in the process.  This child brings pride and satisfaction to all that has the family name. 
The heart of chapter 23 goes on to warn the son against various snares and obstacles that would present them selves along the way.  These warnings are not unlike those that have gone out before including, strange women, moving the old land mark, and treasuring wisdom, knowledge and instruction.  I have learned it's a good thing to hear sound words over and over again.  When I was child, it seemed so boring to continuously hear the same thing.  But after I got saved and received a better understanding, I see now that when it comes to God's Word, we can never get enough.  Hearing it over and over again allows it to become apart of us.  Earlier in the book we were admonished to bind the word on our fingers and write them upon the table of our hearts.  Repetition has a way of doing that in us.  That's why we must ever turn our ears from foolishness because it is an attempt of the enemy to get things unbecoming righteousness within us.
In verses 29-35 the warning goes out concerning the excess of strong drink.  vs 29 Who hath woe? who hath sorrow? who hath contentions? who hath babbling? who hath wounds without cause? who hath redness of eyes?  The answer comes in the following verse.  They that sit and drink for a long time.  There is a spirit of which I had been acquainted.  Before I got saved, drinking had become apart of my lifestyle.  In high school, in the navy, and in college there were times that I drank in excess.  As the word says, the eyes behold strange women.  In fact they eye will seek out strange women and the mouth shall utter perverse things.  I was subject to all those things and more.  That spirit tosses a person to and fro with an end purpose of destruction.  When things settle the body cries, "I'm wounded, don't do this ever again"!!  Nevertheless to those who are subject to such a spirit will perform the same activities again and again should they not escape the dominion of a drunkard spirit.  I thank God I did escape, and it happened before I got saved.  The Lord is good and his mercy endureth forever.

blyempowered

« Reply #159 on: September 23, 2011, 10:33:21 PM »
Proverbs 23

Another great night of reading! I want to discuss one theme and then be transparent discussing a verse.

-Discipline children via spankings. We see this theme in verses 13 and 14 which says "Don't fail to discipline your children. They won't die if you spank them. Physical discipline may well save them from death." A potential view is surfacing that maybe the problem with our children in the 21st century is the disappearing act of spanking. In our society now, spanking a child is seen as child abuse? How did it get to this point? I don't know, but we're on a dangerous path. Honestly I don't think I got a "bunch" of spankings, but I think the ones I did get helped me along the way. We've got to do a better job of disciplining our children in the home. It seems like the child has to be disciplined in the church and school because of a lack of it at home.

Ok, here's my transparent moment:
-23:9 "Don't waste your breath on fools, for they will despise the wisest advice." Throughout this series on Proverbs I have continually seen verses that encourage us not to waste time trying to give people advice who do not want it. Lately (and honestly, the last couple of years) I find myself continually getting in situations in which I'm trying to tell people the right thing yet it is like it goes in one ear and out the other and I feel like I'm wasting my time. I'm trying to get to a point in which once I say what needs to be said, understanding that the accountability is on their hand then. It's like I care so much about them that I want them to take the advice that could really help (and I'm 100% convinced it would help). Yet at the same time I'm learning that even in this walk with God that involves the community, the ultimate decision is on the individual and they will have to give an account for what they did or did not do. The least thing I can do is continually evaluate myself and make sure I'm doing the right thing in the situation.

Prayer of Application: Lord, thank you for your Word because it is there to teach us and show us which way to go. Lord we pray for all the parents here on LGM that they would discipline their child the right way understanding that there is long-term value in discipline. And then Lord we pray that you will give us discernment in knowing when to say what and when to just be quiet. Give us the wisdom to understand that we cannot help everyone and that no matter what happens some people will not be open to help, amen!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up