LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dorinda and Karen  (Read 1968 times)

blyempowered

Re: Dorinda and Karen
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2011, 04:56:17 PM »
What did she mean by "Stigma of wearing pants...."?

At first it sounded "anti-pants" to me but I could be wrong.

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2011, 04:58:42 PM »
Wearing pants carries a stigma in COGIC... lol. 

But Dorinda wears them, just not to COGIC events or services.

Oh, its just the way she said it.... like there was more to it or something :-\

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2011, 12:47:08 PM »
I am 30 seconds into this video and had to pause to acknowledge this irony: the lady posing the question states that she's tired of seeing "t**s" - and then she goes on to ask "can we just be classy."

Ummmm.... lady?

Whatever.
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

Offline JustBritt

• LGM Member
  • *Sigh*

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2011, 12:51:18 PM »
I am 30 seconds into this video and had to pause to acknowledge this irony: the lady posing the question states that she's tired of seeing "t**s" - and then she goes on to ask "can we just be classy."

Ummmm.... lady?

Whatever.

LOL One of the ministers at our church was preaching and she said it. It was so funny. The PT never live stuff like that down lol.
~Moving Forward~

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2011, 03:37:45 PM »

Ummmm.... lady?

Whatever.
Yeah, that was ghetto. 

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2011, 10:31:59 AM »
I have two observations, now that I've seen the video:

1. Karen was indeed hilarious. :D :D :D That "you look stankin!!!!" almost took me up out of here for real! LOL!!!

2. I don't mean any disrespect. I really love TCS. God knows I do. I was a watch care member of Greater Emmanuel when I worked in Detroit, and I loved it there.

HOWEVER....

Ummm... I just... well, let me say it this way: I'm not sure I would want to hear any lectures on modest apparel from Karen or Dorinda. :-\ Modesty?? Seriously?? I mean, what does modest mean???? ?/? They can certainly talk about not letting your flesh hang out and all that... but please, avoid the use of the word "modest."

Lastly, @U13, I saw the sentence you referred to. I think Dorinda misused the word "stigma." I don't think that's what she was really meaning to say as it didn't make sense in her sentence at all. On that subject, I thought it was so silly of her to say that the reason "we can't let you" wear pants is that we don't know what you're going to bring us. ?/? Really???? :-\ I'm not going to get into the whole doctrine, man-made rules, pants issue. But I will say this, and NOBODY can disagree: women can show just as much (if not more) in skirts as they can in pants. ::) What a dumb thing to say/believe.

I still love y'all Clarks, though. ;D
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2011, 10:54:26 AM »

1. Karen was indeed hilarious. :D :D :D That "you look stankin!!!!" almost took me up out of here for real! LOL!!!

2. I don't mean any disrespect. I really love TCS. God knows I do. I was a watch care member of Greater Emmanuel when I worked in Detroit, and I loved it there.

HOWEVER....

Ummm... I just... well, let me say it this way: I'm not sure I would want to hear any lectures on modest apparel from Karen or Dorinda. :-\ Modesty?? Seriously?? I mean, what does modest mean???? ?/? They can certainly talk about not letting your flesh hang out and all that... but please, avoid the use of the word "modest."

Lastly, @U13, I saw the sentence you referred to. I think Dorinda misused the word "stigma." I don't think that's what she was really meaning to say as it didn't make sense in her sentence at all. On that subject, I thought it was so silly of her to say that the reason "we can't let you" wear pants is that we don't know what you're going to bring us. ?/? Really???? :-\ I'm not going to get into the whole doctrine, man-made rules, pants issue. But I will say this, and NOBODY can disagree: women can show just as much (if not more) in skirts as they can in pants. ::) What a dumb thing to say/believe.

Yeah, I'd say that some of the extravagant stuff they wear can hardly be described as modest.

And yes, what she said made little no sense.

And where was Dorinda's lap cloth?

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2011, 11:01:57 AM »

1. Karen was indeed hilarious. :D :D :D That "you look stanky" almost took me up out of here for real! LOL!!!

HOWEVER....

LOL, we were talking about the same thing during lunch at the conference yesterday!  How Dorinda used to be real extra back in the day, and Dr. Mattie would make the choir look all plain, but Dorinda would be blingin' from head to toe, lol. 

And my cousin was saying how Karen is still over the top most of the time, including her orange hair for the AIM convention, lol.

Gotta love'em, though...  I applaud them for keeping it covered .

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2011, 11:05:45 AM »
Yeah, I'd say that some of the extravagant stuff they wear can hardly be described as modest.

And yes, what she said made little no sense.

And where was Dorinda's lap cloth?

She didn't need a lap cloth; her knees weren't showing. :)
LOL, we were talking about the same thing during lunch at the conference yesterday!  How Dorinda used to be real extra back in the day, and Dr. Mattie would make the choir look all plain, but Dorinda would be blingin' from head to toe, lol. 

And my cousin was saying how Karen is still over the top most of the time, including her orange hair for the AIM convention, lol.

Gotta love'em, though...  I applaud them for keeping it covered.

I had typed something about Karen's hair, but I didn't want to make anybody mad so I erased it... but yeah, I did notice that bit of irony. :D

And yeah, I will always give them props for not letting their stuff hang out - especially when you look at the gospel artists who DO let it all hang out. smh.

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2011, 11:09:34 AM »
Also... while I would've enjoyed being in such a setting as a young person, now that I'm a bit older, I can only say that while the discussion was entertaining, there wasn't really much substance or depth in terms of answering the question. It wasn't practical enough for MY taste (and y'all know I like practical, applicable answers).

But yeah, I love Karen's "you look STANKIN!!!"

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2011, 11:17:09 AM »
she was reading a letter submitted by someone else. Maybe she doesn't belueve in censorship?
Yeah.  Joyce Rodgers doesn't talk like that, but I think they probably agreed to read the questions as is, barring some actual out and out cuss words.

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2011, 11:20:43 AM »
she was reading a letter submitted by someone else. Maybe she doesn't belueve in censorship?

You (and a lady on YouTube) misunderstood what I meant. I should've been clearer.

I didn't think it was tacky of Joyce Rodgers to say the word. I thought it was tacky of the question-asker to ask the question using that word. It was unnecessary and not classy or ladylike at all. I had no problem with Joyce reading the question as is. It's not like it was a cuss word. :-\

Offline JustBritt

• LGM Member
  • *Sigh*

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2011, 12:27:38 PM »
Also... while I would've enjoyed being in such a setting as a young person, now that I'm a bit older, I can only say that while the discussion was entertaining, there wasn't really much substance or depth in terms of answering the question. It wasn't practical enough for MY taste (and y'all know I like practical, applicable answers).

But yeah, I love Karen's "you look STANKIN!!!"

Because it was KAREN, I enjoyed watching it and laughing. But I agree with you. I pretty much already know all this stuff. So, a lot of what they said I was just pretty much like.......... ?/? Well, what Dorinda said, at least.

What Karen said, was FUNNAAAYYY!  :D
~Moving Forward~

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2011, 03:38:37 PM »
You guys are also not the ones guilty of coming to church or going out in public this way.  The girls who need it were probably either angered or forced to think about their behavior... maybe...

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2011, 03:40:40 PM »
You guys are also not the ones guilty of coming to church or going out in public this way.  The girls who need it were probably either angered or forced to think about their behavior... maybe...

Or they laughed it off, not even realizing that they themselves were the objects of such correction. :D

CountryMike

« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2011, 11:25:21 AM »
Everything I can tell you is they are some singing women. Are they singing under the anointing? I saw Dorinda preach & play on the organ before & both of them look like they were under the anointing too. Dorinda can preach.

CountryMike

« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2011, 11:34:49 AM »
You can preach, sing, pray & play the organ very great. But it doesn't mean much. Cause if you rd. Matthew 7 someone will say Lord, have we prophesied & perform miracles in thy name. & if you still aren't right to him. He will say Get away from me. I never knew you.

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2011, 12:07:27 PM »
CountryMike, I really hate that you changed your avatar. That other one was the best.

Offline Hasmonean1

• LGM Member
    • HVAC International Parts

« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2011, 01:39:13 PM »
You can preach, sing, pray & play the organ very great. But it doesn't mean much. Cause if you rd. Matthew 7 someone will say Lord, have we prophesied & perform miracles in thy name. & if you still aren't right to him. He will say Get away from me. I never knew you.

I hear you Mike.  You up in here strong brother.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up