LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: fEARful cab question  (Read 1750 times)

Offline Musicman_00

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • "Don't think! Feel!"-Bruce Lee

fEARful cab question
« on: February 11, 2013, 02:38:13 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with these cabs? TB has a lot of good things to say but I'm curious as to how the work for a gospel setting? knightmayorz built some and posted a vid of the build. Particularly loowing at a 12/6/1, 12 sub stack or a 12/6/1, 12/6.

The reason i was looking at these were ease of transportation. 4x10 is too bulky and heavy. Maybe two 2x10 cabs but trying to focus on 12's.
"Music is a language. The bigger your vocabulary, the more options you have to choose from."

Offline Groovesmith

• LGM Member
  • Daddy and his little blessing from God.

Re: fEARful cab question
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 07:44:20 PM »
I've had quite a bit of experience with these cabs and they are amazing. A friend of mine has 2 cabs he has the 15/15/6/6 and the 15/6.

In a gospel setting the sound is amazing but this also comes down to the amp you're using. He runs his thru the Carvin B2000 giving himself 1300W at 4ohms.

The things about these cabs is the Mount of control you have with the adjustable crossovers and raw power they can handle cleanly.

They never get muddy........maybe I shouldn't say never but they don't seem to bottom out like many 8X10 cabs do.

I'll put up more info later tonight I gotta get ready to take the fam out.
Groovesmith

puremusic

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 04:12:35 PM »
These cabs have amazing bottom and clarity through all frequencies I have retired my GK 410 Neo when I first got my Avatar tb153 which is a derivative of the Fearful design.  That was actually stolen from my church so I purchased a Carvin LS1503 which also share a similar design with the Fearful and sounds just as good I will be changing the woofer to the proper Kappalite and then it will be perfect.  You can't go wrong with a Ff styled cab.  Mine sounds great with a GK 700RBII.

Offline Musicman_00

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • "Don't think! Feel!"-Bruce Lee

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 08:55:06 AM »
I really like the idea of  having 2 1x12 vs 2x12 for portability and versatility reasons. I had looked at the Carvin LS 1503 but didn't know what the speaker upgrade was. How does the kappalite sound in that cabinet?
"Music is a language. The bigger your vocabulary, the more options you have to choose from."
Pages: [1]   Go Up