LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Should Musicians Be Obligated to Give Offering??  (Read 4113 times)

Offline under13

• LGM Member

Re: Should Musicians Be Obligated to Give Offering??
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2011, 10:31:26 AM »
Malachie 3....IF YOU DON'T GIVE OFFERING...YOU STEALING GOD...

Stealing God?  wow.

Offline Kevykev388

• LGM Member

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2011, 07:47:29 PM »
I don't give an offering during morning worship at the church i play for ONLY because Taxes/Tithes are already deducted from my check before they even write it out to me!!!
Keys, bass, drums, trombone, I sing a lil bit too lol

Offline PianoClubhouse

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Don't talk about it....BE about it!
    • PianoClubhouse.com

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2011, 11:11:02 PM »
.....Taxes/Tithes are already deducted from my check before they even write it out to me!!!

man.....i've heard of that before, churches that deduct tithes like taxes and benefits.....but somethin' just doesn't sit right with me about that. I need to actually put my envelope in a bucket. I guess it all ends up in the same place, but still......

Offline robin of drummin

• LGM Member

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2011, 02:47:02 PM »
the book of leviticus says this Leviticus 17:8 And thou shalt say unto them, Whatsoever man there be of the house of Israel, or of the strangers which sojourn among you, that offereth a burnt offering or sacrifice,9 And bringeth it not unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, to offer it unto the Lord; even that man shall be cut off from among his people.

but listen to what jesus says Acts 20: 28 “So guard yourselves and God’s people. Feed and shepherd God’s flock—his church, purchased with his own bloodt—over which the Holy Spirit has appointed you as elders.t 29 I know that false teachers, like vicious wolves, will come in among you after I leave, not sparing the flock. 30 Even some men from your own group will rise up and distort the truth in order to draw a following. 31 Watch out! Remember the three years I was with you—my constant watch and care over you night and day, and my many tears for you.

32 “And now I entrust you to God and the message of his grace that is able to build you up and give you an inheritance with all those he has set apart for himself.

33 “I have never coveted anyone’s silver or gold or fine clothes. 34 You know that these hands of mine have worked to supply my own needs and even the needs of those who were with me. 35 And I have been a constant example of how you can help those in need by working hard. You should remember the words of the Lord Jesus: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’”

Offline fretai03

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Fatso
    • My Youth

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2011, 06:10:01 PM »
I don't get it. If you wanna talk about something you're concerned about, why make jokes about it? Why be all tongue-in-cheek but have a 3-4 paragraph opinion about the same thing?

Personally, I don't know what its like to be a paid musician in church (Its not the norm for church musicians to be paid in my culture) but it seems a little stupid if a person thinks they're shooting themselves in the financial foot by getting back the money they put in the offering bag in the first place... ?

If you don't want to give money to God (regardless of being a church worker), don't. In the end, thats between yourself and God.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up