LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 128   Go Down

Author Topic: 2011-2012 NBA Season.........  (Read 109516 times)

blyempowered

2011-2012 NBA Season.........
« on: September 29, 2011, 09:01:03 PM »
........is in serious jeopardy. According to the article I'm going to post, the meeting tomorrow could be the "make or break" for determining if we have a season. The players are ready to sit if owners do not give any concessions in their demands. Owners want players to take somewhere around 46-48% of revenue pie and have some sort of hard cap. Players will not take any less than 52% of income pie and do not want hard cap.

Keep your fingers crossed!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/sam_amick/09/28/players.union.meeting/index.html?sct=nba_t12_a1

Offline SirTJ

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: 2011-2012 NBA Season.........
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 09:04:51 PM »
If I don't get to see my Spurs, I'm gonna bust a "hard cap" in somebody's a-...umm, I mean I'm going to be very upset. 

Offline phbrown

• LGM Member
  • Google Fiber

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 09:15:15 PM »
NCAA will just make more money

nessaj14

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 09:24:50 AM »
Wow...I'm just new here in the forum and I'm quite amazed to find this thread...if having such diverse topics are an indication, I would really think this forum is indeed an exciting one...

As for the topic...I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that an agreement would materialize because I can't imagine a missed season of NBA...I'll be praying that they would reach a compromise sooner rather than later... :)

blyempowered

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 09:45:54 AM »
Wow...I'm just new here in the forum and I'm quite amazed to find this thread...if having such diverse topics are an indication, I would really think this forum is indeed an exciting one...

As for the topic...I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that an agreement would materialize because I can't imagine a missed season of NBA...I'll be praying that they would reach a compromise sooner rather than later... :)

It's not looking too good but they are meeting today.

Welcome to LGM!!!!

Offline chevonee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Back and better than ever!
    • God's Glory

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2011, 04:44:43 PM »
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7039251/nba-labor-talks-players-owners-continuing-talks-saturday-tense-moments

This is not a good sign at all. :(

Welcome to LGM!
Strike while the iron is hot!

blyempowered

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2011, 04:48:49 PM »
@Chevonee you know I was trying to figure out how to assess them still meeting for so long and if that was a good or bad thing.....hmmmm

Offline chevonee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Back and better than ever!
    • God's Glory

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2011, 04:51:39 PM »
@Chevonee you know I was trying to figure out how to assess them still meeting for so long and if that was a good or bad thing.....hmmmm
Dwade got so upset because he knows that if the new CBA passes, there will be no more BIG 3's (money wise). The owners are trying to stop all of this super team stuff before it starts. Either way, no one will win if they have to start cancelling regular season games. :-\
Strike while the iron is hot!

blyempowered

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2011, 04:53:12 PM »
Dwade got so upset because he knows that if the new CBA passes, there will be no more BIG 3's (money wise). The owners are trying to stop all of this super team stuff before it starts. Either way, no one will win if they have to start cancelling regular season games. :-\

Wow! Yeah, I don't see an agreement happening to save the season. If there is I'll be absolutely shocked. Too many issues that neither side is compromising on.

Offline bassthumpa

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • My blog

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2011, 05:00:33 PM »
The subject of this thread is funny all by itself.

blyempowered

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2011, 05:14:18 PM »
Te subject of this thread is funny all by itself.

LOL! I know right!

Btw, they just got done meeting. There's no meeting planned for tomorrow and according to an expert, there being little to no progress today pretty much guarantees that the season will not start on time. According to another expert, the cancellation of preseason games will probably be announced in a day or two.

So.......

RIP 2011-2012 NBA season...........unless something changes.

blyempowered

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2011, 07:41:38 PM »
Preseason has been cancelled. Next thing will be regular season games if nothing is accomplished.

RIP 2011-2012 NBA season.....

Offline SirTJ

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2011, 07:52:07 PM »
Good thing NBA 2K12 is the best basketball game yet since it doesn't look like we'll be getting the real thing anytime soon.

I think there's hope, though. At worst, it'll be a short season, but I think they'll pull through somehow. Or at least I'm praying.

blyempowered

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2011, 08:16:19 PM »
Good thing NBA 2K12 is the best basketball game yet since it doesn't look like we'll be getting the real thing anytime soon.

I think there's hope, though. At worst, it'll be a short season, but I think they'll pull through somehow. Or at least I'm praying.

Prayer works but this season is done....SMH!

Offline phbrown

• LGM Member
  • Google Fiber

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2011, 10:24:01 PM »
TJ, could simulate the season for you? you could even do your picks and then he could simulate the week

blyempowered

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2011, 09:36:02 PM »
Welp, the first 2 weeks of the season have been cancelled. I bet the season is next....SMH!!

Too many issues they are far apart on including luxury tax and the revenue......*sigh*

Offline phbrown

• LGM Member
  • Google Fiber

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2011, 09:56:43 PM »
i wonder if an NBA player can claim unemployment? and if so do they get like a percentage of their normal amount?

Offline SirTJ

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2011, 11:38:14 AM »
Well, since it looks like we won't be getting the real thing, I'll update you all on a few games I've played in NBA 2K12.

So, last night I was playing the Lakers (as the Spurs of course). They were killing us in the first quarter. We were missing a lot of easy shots. Around halftime we managed to battle back. One way we did so was by containing Kobe. Ginobli played some excellent defense. So, we battle back, and by the fourth quarter, the game is tied. The momentum is clearly back on our side. Tony Parker has begun to light it up, giving Derek Finisher a run for his money. Timmy is handling business down in the paint. I decide to put Bonner in, and as soon as I do, he rolls off a pick and pops a THREE! We're up by 3 points.

With 14 seconds left on the clock, they inbound to Kobe. He dribbles and squirms his way to the three point line, and knocks down the luckiest three-pointer I've ever seen.

With 1 second left, we in bound to Parker, but he can't even get a shot off.

We go into overtime and....yeah. They beat us. Bad. :(

But it was a good game.

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2011, 01:01:28 PM »
Well, since it looks like we won't be getting the real thing, I'll update you all on a few games I've played in NBA 2K12.

So, last night I was playing the Lakers (as the Spurs of course). They were killing us in the first quarter. We were missing a lot of easy shots. Around halftime we managed to battle back. One way we did so was by containing Kobe. Ginobli played some excellent defense. So, we battle back, and by the fourth quarter, the game is tied. The momentum is clearly back on our side. Tony Parker has begun to light it up, giving Derek Finisher a run for his money. Timmy is handling business down in the paint. I decide to put Bonner in, and as soon as I do, he rolls off a pick and pops a THREE! We're up by 3 points.

With 14 seconds left on the clock, they inbound to Kobe. He dribbles and squirms his way to the three point line, and knocks down the luckiest three-pointer I've ever seen.

With 1 second left, we in bound to Parker, but he can't even get a shot off.

We go into overtime and....yeah. They beat us. Bad. :(

But it was a good game.
So not cutting it.

But I would expect this from a dude who eats PB&J while sitting at the computer imagining it's a steak... LOL.

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2011, 01:10:09 PM »
LOL @ TJ and Nessa. :D
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 128   Go Up