LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pity Party  (Read 1888 times)

Offline syddie

• LGM Member

Pity Party
« on: May 10, 2012, 11:54:42 PM »
LGM family... I need your help.

I'm in a dry season as MOM.  I do not enjoy singing, teaching, finding new music, etc anymore.  I feel guilty b/c I know I should read my word, study my word, pray without ceasing, fast and all of these things.  But I just can't.   And I feel like such a fake when I'm singing Sunday after Sunday about a mighty God, a worthy God when I'm not serving Him in excellence and w/my whole heart.

I have talked w/my Pastor about stepping down, but he's opposed to it.  He did ask a worship leader (and friend) to come in and do a workshop for the entire praise team and musicians on our roles as Levites.   I have learned a lot in the short time these teachings have been going on and I can see some definite changes in the music dept.  It is a blessing that this person is sharing their time and talents with us. 

You would think I'd be happy, but I'm not.  It's like I can't get excited about anything anymore.

I once felt that the music ministry was my calling, but now I'm not so sure.  I know that I'm "gifted" to sing, but wonder if I'm "anointed" to minister. 

As I re-read my post, I see a lot of "I feels" and "I wants," and I do recognize (albeit grudgingly) that selfishness abounds and that, yes, I'm having a pity party. 

The bottom line is I truly want to be excellent in my service to God.  I know that He is the gift giver and I am grateful. 
I'm just stuck in a deep rut right now and I'm having a hard time coming out. 

I want to worship in spirit and in truth, but there is a block there.  Has anyone else ever felt like this?  How did you come out of it?

Offline betnich

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: Pity Party
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 01:18:32 AM »
I can relate...Pity Party is where my mind's been these last few months - am getting better, but sometimes a chance remark from someone will send me back for an extended visit. For me, I think it was partly something askew in my body chemistry, but keeping my mind on a even keel was (and still is) a struggle.

For burnout, perspective helps. If you are too busy, too involved, you might have to take some time, and prayer, to ask God to show the cause. So does distraction, for even a few hours, with a book or movie or anything that can give the mind a rest from itself...

Offline BEEJAXX

• LGM Member
  • If loving you is wrong... I don't want to be right

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 05:53:57 PM »
Wow your attitude shows that God is dealing with you and you are positioned to come out on top!  Be patient and seek him in  this time.  God Bless.
Love a word that comes and goes.. But few ppl really know, what it means to really love somebody.

Offline syddie

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 12:06:45 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions and encouragement!

While I was wallowing, God led me to this site:

http://the-music-ministry-coach.com/intro/#axzz1uldijwC9

Why some music ministries never get better

This vlog really hit home for me.

Just started watching his vids and reading his blog.  All I can say is Wow! 

Maybe this will help someone else as well.

Offline syddie

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 12:10:00 PM »

Offline amstudiosproducer

• LGM Member
  • God Will Do Exceedingly and Abundantly
    • www.twitter.com/lilwondermusic

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 09:34:14 AM »
As Music Ministers we all go thru this phase at some point during our ministry career. What I found to revive me when I go thru these phases. I begin to fellowship with other ministries where the music ministries are staying revelant and current, it serves as a breath of fresh air that is revive back into me...

It always important to stay in your word, even when you dont feel like it. Just know your ministry isnt in vain....
" God Is Able, and He Does Exceedingly and Abundantly Above What We Ask For!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up