LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Biggest Problems In Music  (Read 1604 times)

Offline blue_jays

• LGM Member

Biggest Problems In Music
« on: October 16, 2011, 07:26:17 AM »
What are all the musicians on LGM looking to improve on?
What are you biggest concerns when it comes to your playing no matter what instrument you play?
The Musician's Forum
www.helpingadvice.blogspot.com

Offline Purplekeys

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: Biggest Problems In Music
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 03:58:07 PM »
Not sure if this what you are asking but I am looking to improve on: different things to play runs, fill ins, different shouts instead of the same ones all the time. We sing traditional songs at our church so its pretty much the same pattern on every song lol. And it all sounds the same
Nunbutdablood

Offline allaround

• LGM Member
    • Facebook

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 10:56:22 PM »
learning chords is one thing, but how do you begin to voice them???

Offline floaded27

• LGM Member
    • MySpace Profile

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 09:58:55 PM »
For my drumming: I'm trying to work on creating a unique beat for each traditional gospel song that I play. They all pretty much sound the same and have the same beat, and that gets boring after awhile when playing a bunch of those songs consecutively. I guess a better way to put it: Trying to learn a greater variety of rhythms appropriate for traditional gospel music.

For guitar: http://www.learngospelmusic.com/forums/index.php/topic,80753.msg869187.html#msg869187

Bass: Need to develop my walking skills.

Vocal: Just want to get my voice to a bearable level. Ever since I picked up drums and guitar, I've been neglecting my voice completely. I didn't think I'd need it, and I never liked it much anyway. But I've been in situations where being able to sing would come in handy, so, yeah. I can hear, and I can hold a note if I try really hard, but my voice control and tone is severely lacking (HOWEVER, I do have a very good voice for autotune. ::) If only I were a techno DJ...)

dont play drums sketch, but i understand where ur coming from. when i play too many similar songs (usually those congregational songs or songs with similar progressions and feel) i start to feel like im just being repetitive. i take it up a notch to where im doing more fills and riffs but then they seem to sound the same too. It might just be in my head, but sometimes I feel like a coach that gets new players and new uniforms each game, but runs the same plays.
For my God... let "Golden Axe" prevail.

Offline GospelEngineer

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 08:44:15 AM »
On keyboard it's chord voicing for me. I'm working on learning rootless voicings and the exact voicings used on recordings.

Offline blue_jays

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, 07:22:46 AM »
I totally understand switching from different genres is hard however you need to have a balance between the two
The Musician's Forum
www.helpingadvice.blogspot.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up