LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any praise team or churches write their own songs/music?  (Read 1062 times)

Offline dfwkeys

• LGM Member

Any praise team or churches write their own songs/music?
« on: November 17, 2011, 11:37:15 AM »
I was wondering if their are anyone that has created their own songs for church and how did it work out?

Offline betnich

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: Any praise team or churches write their own songs/music?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 12:18:01 PM »
I've written some during the past few years, as has our Pastor - some are sung one time only, others have made it onto our regular roster...

Offline Purplekeys

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 12:20:59 PM »
I have written a couple of songs not necassarily for the praise team but i asked them to help me sings some of the songs i wrote, they sung choir parts and i did solos. It turned out so much better than i thought they would and the praise team seemed to enjoy them  :)
Nunbutdablood

Offline JoanHall

• LGM Member
    • My gospel choir web pages

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 04:53:53 PM »
I've written some choir songs that our choir sings, and one of the songs is done more often by the praise team than the choir.

Offline dfwkeys

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 03:27:30 PM »
I went to a church some years ago, and they attempted to try a new song they wrote.  It sounded great in rehearsal, but the members just kind of had a blank stare, Prob, because they didn't know the words.

I think if I do attempt on my own, it would be something simple that everyone can sing along too or pick up really easy.

Sometimes when the spirit is moving and we're playing instrumentals, the worship singer would just make up something on the spot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up