LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Assistant Church Musician Position  (Read 1516 times)

Offline pressingon3

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Assistant Church Musician Position
« on: November 24, 2011, 10:17:38 PM »
Howdy everyone,
I have been asked to assist with  interviewing  possible candidates for the assistant church musician position at church. This is my first time ever doing something of this nature. Would some of you interview experts be so kind and give me some very good questions to ask  the applicants.?

Pray for us as we begin the searching process and screening of possible candidates for the position. By the way, our first interview occurs this coming Tuesday at 7:00 p.m.

Thanks in advance for yalls help and my God richly bless ya. ;)

MrSparrow06

Re: Assistant Church Musician Position
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 03:02:58 PM »
May I ask a few questions that I would have for you if I were interviewing for this position?

1. What is the salary?
2. What are the hours? Are there business hours?
3. What job responsibilities will have?
4. Are funerals, weddings, non-Sunday morning services paid or included in the salary?
5. How are taxes taken out? Will I be a full employed person by the church with benefits (Social Security, FICA etc...) or will I be a self employed contractor? I'm sure that you know that self employed people are taxed heavier than employees...
6. Will I be paid weekly, bi-weekly or on the 15th and the end of the month?
7. What is the evaluation process? Explain to me how the pay raise system works in your church.
8. Is there a 90 probationary period?
9. Please explain the leadership chart and where I would fall in that chart.
10. Please explain the termination process. Most churches have a 2 week policy. If you leave the church you have to give them 2 weeks to give them a chance to find someone else. If the church asks the musician/M.O.M. to leave they have to either pay 2 weeks salary or require the musician to play the last two weeks.

There are other considerations that come into play concerning the philosophy and beliefs of that particular body. There are somethings that I wouldn't put up with no matter how much the pay is (Pastor-worship/15 offerings/questionable prophecies/stance on female preachers etc...) but on the business end those are things that I have to know as soon as possible.

Of course the church musician would lead the interview because no one knows better than him/her about what they need. I hope the board listens to his/her suggestions because if the two can't work together then the board will be meeting again to interview another church musician if you know what I mean...

MrSparrow

MrSparrow06

Re: Assistant Church Musician Position
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 09:38:36 AM »
how did the interviews go?
Pages: [1]   Go Up