LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using Samples w/ Keyboard  (Read 942 times)

Offline SirTJ

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Using Samples w/ Keyboard
« on: December 08, 2011, 09:03:25 PM »
I'm looking to use some samples with Kontakt. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I came across some Motif samples on eBay, but I don't know how reliable they are. I also listened to the Alicia Keys sample over on Native Instruments. Anyone used that? How does it sound in a live setting? I'm just looking for good piano sounds with body to them.

Offline floaded27

• LGM Member
    • MySpace Profile

Re: Using Samples w/ Keyboard
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 12:07:31 PM »
im looking for the same stuff. not for a live setting, but to use for MIDI recording. I listened to the Alicia Keys sample based on what they had on the website, but THEY are the ones trying to sell it, so I'd look for an unbiased review.  I know Jamal Hartwell did a MKS-20 sample and had it in Kontakt format, as well as others. I was going to purchase that, but my money went missing from my house (which was specifically for that) and then the price went up, so that was put on hold for a while. He has a couple of videos on Youtube comparing his samples to the actual module.

The only other software piano samples that piqued my interest were Reason Pianos, but thats way too expensive seeing that I'd have to get Reason first, but the package itself was the same price as the Alicia Keys if Im not mistaken.
For my God... let "Golden Axe" prevail.

Offline ddw4e

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Just doing what i do! LOL!

Re: Using Samples w/ Keyboard
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 01:37:58 AM »
I have several sample on Kontakt and that's been my main setup for live settings. I use:

Alicia Keys
Scarbee Mark1
Scarbee A200
Chris Hein Horns
Studio Drummer
Session Strings
George Duke Soul Treasures
MKS Sensation
MERCY EN!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up