LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "We Give You Praise"-Cover  (Read 1089 times)

tewest86

"We Give You Praise"-Cover
« on: December 27, 2011, 06:04:37 PM »
I loved this song so much that I decided to play along with it.  Of course I made a few mistake but who doesn't.  Even the pros do.  That's why they do over-dubs.  LOL.  I'm playing my Roscoe.  Between the recording and uploading, the sound got kind of distorted but you can still hear it good enough.  I'm still perfecting my craft after playing for 7 yrs.

Me playing over "We Give You Praise"

Offline blacklw234

• LGM Member

Re: "We Give You Praise"-Cover
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 06:46:58 PM »
That was good. Your bass playing is fluent. Not a lot of gaps. All spaces filled. Its cool to see all the different styles. Everybody has there own style.  I like it dude. Keep it up....
I play a LTD ESP C-305 Bass

Offline phbrown

• LGM Member
  • Google Fiber

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 10:29:21 PM »
was it difficult trying to remember all the different phrases?

tewest86

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 11:17:23 PM »
No cause the song is basically this progression:  1-7-3-6-5-1-4-3-6-2-5-1.  A few changes here and there but that's mostly it till the end part.

Offline floaded27

• LGM Member
    • MySpace Profile

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 12:53:31 PM »
so what the heck have i been doing for MY 7 years?? although if u dont count the 2 years i was ONLY taking lessons but not playing, its only been 5. now i dont feel so bad. i got 2 years to learn what you're doing. lol
For my God... let "Golden Axe" prevail.

tewest86

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 06:13:44 PM »
so what the heck have i been doing for MY 7 years?? although if u dont count the 2 years i was ONLY taking lessons but not playing, its only been 5. now i dont feel so bad. i got 2 years to learn what you're doing. lol

I honestly put in so much work early on.  I remember (freshman in college) getting out of class and playing my bass all evening till about 2-3 am.  I used to pick out note for note simple songs that the congregation would sing at my church.  I knew nothing about progressions or anything of that nature.  It was very hard but it helped me.

Offline phbrown

• LGM Member
  • Google Fiber

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 07:51:25 PM »

LOL, that was my thought exactly!!!

No cause the song is basically this progression:  1-7-3-6-5-1-4-3-6-2-5-1.  A few changes here and there but that's mostly it till the end part.

... i don't i can remember that many numbers ... i'm sure i would mix up the 7 and the 4-3 all the time LOL maybe thats what I need to work on

tewest86

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2011, 08:07:03 PM »
LOL, that was my thought exactly!!!

... i don't i can remember that many numbers ... i'm sure i would mix up the 7 and the 4-3 all the time LOL maybe thats what I need to work on

You don't have to remember it all.  Most gospel is all the same.  For example, if the song goes 1-7 most time they gone do a 3-6 turn around.  The same can be said if in the song the do a 4-3.  You can almost be certain that a 6-2-5-1 will follow.  This song follows the song titled "Never Would Have Made It".

Offline Mysteryman

• LGM Member
  • The Jamaican breakfast patty created by me. :)
    • http://www.geocities.com/mysterymman1

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2011, 11:01:21 AM »
That was good. Your bass playing is fluent. Not a lot of gaps. All spaces filled. Its cool to see all the different styles. Everybody has there own style.  I like it dude. Keep it up....
Yeah sounded good. I actually think that's a good way to practice so if you need it you got some where to go vs say practice all root notes then in a live setting you're just searching. Play less live and practice busy. Great playing tewest.
Vision without action is just day dreaming. I miss practicing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up